Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Limo Black Window Tints

sxi_ste

Was thinking of getting the back window done in limo,, back 2 sides in dark,, front 2 light.

Would it look better dark in the back 3 and light in the front 2.

Im getting it done at a profesional tint place

Good to hear. I had a manager's car from the factory last. It was a 2.0 Avensis gls. None of the windows were as heavy a tint as you'd see on a limo but the rear side windows and quarter-lights (?) were dark enough to make it difficult to recognise who was in the back seat, the driver & passenger windows were an intermediate tint and the windscreen and rear window had the minimum standard tint (barely noticeable). I am assuming that it was legal since the factory did the job.

I had no problems with the gls and it looked distinctive without looking too "gangsta" In fact, It is pretty much what you are proposing except for the rear window and a heavier tint in back. There are no heavy tints on my current T Spirit (yet) but there is a pull-up mesh curtain that offers shade and anonymity in the rear but allows me to observe well enough, for instance if I am being followed in heavy traffic by some dimwit who is texting whilst driving. I can then pull over to let them go then follow to watch how many near misses they have - highly entertaining.

It probably wouldn't matter if you did go beyond the legal specifications because from what I can see nobody 'round here gets busted for having full-on blackout tints throughout in their teen cruisers. There are plenty of examples to be seen getting away with it.

PS. Just as I was writing this you posted to say you'd just got it done. Can you let us know how much you spent and what it involved timewise when you post the pix please?

It probably wouldn't matter if you did go beyond the legal specifications because from what I can see nobody 'round here gets busted for having full-on blackout tints throughout in their teen cruisers. There are plenty of examples to be seen getting away with it.

PS. Just as I was writing this you posted to say you'd just got it done. Can you let us know how much you spent and what it involved timewise when you post the pix please?

HAHAHA was that aimed towards me?

mine were done to the legal standard by a reputable glazers, not an auto place. is cost around £40 a window for materials and fitting plus VAT, so like £150 and i dropped the car off to them about half 8 and got it back about 1

HAHAHA was that aimed towards me?

mine were done to the legal standard by a reputable glazers, not an auto place. is cost around £40 a window for materials and fitting plus VAT, so like £150 and i dropped the car off to them about half 8 and got it back about 1

Not you specifically Gaz but thanks for the gen.

I'd just seen sxi ste (the originator of this thread) post saying that he'd just had it done just as I was replying to a four day old post - as usual. I didn't edit the reply but just stuck a note on the end asking for the details. I guess the posts might have hit the forum in a different order as seen from your end of the network.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links