Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Piccys Of Mine

daz364

Well after jae and a few comments about my peely bonnet i thaught i better sort it out, took me absolultly ages and i got very sun burnt doing it ask mo and dale :lol: so now it had a few coats of polish and abit more sorted so here is the pics

MR21.jpg

MR22.jpg

MR23.jpg

MR26.jpg

Thanks for looking

washed twice using the 2 bucket method megs clay bared every panel polished 3 times to fill in and remove small marks with auto glym super resin polish the taken off with megs towels and then 2 leyers of meg tech wax left for an hour each to dry in total thats just the body work so quite hard work but it hadnt been touched in 2 weeks cos if my sun burn lol my arms where hurting abit so got the misses to polish some off

washed twice using the 2 bucket method megs clay bared every panel polished 3 times to fill in and remove small marks with auto glym super resin polish the taken off with megs towels and then 2 leyers of meg tech wax left for an hour each to dry in total thats just the body work so quite hard work but it hadnt been touched in 2 weeks cos if my sun burn lol my arms where hurting abit so got the misses to polish some off

Alot more time put into it than me then!

That is gorgeous. Fancy a job cleaning my cars?

I don't think much of your parking though. ;)

everything can be done for a price tony lol :D

as always looks sweeet dazzy w!

only for you daley w

I can pay for a job well done :D

Also have a nice garage and lots of trees; ideal for polishing cars out of those harmful sun rays, ;) but not so ideal for parking the Celica underneath. If it's not sap and acorns falling on the car it's bird *****, so I'm afraid it's badly in need of some expert attention.

Seriously, you obviously know how to treat paintwork properly; I must get your advice on whether anythign can be done about the Celica's paint. The MR2 isn't as good as yours, but it's not too bad because it has been garaged most of its life. The Celica on the other hand fades badly between polishes. I'm not sure whether it's possible to save it, or whether a respray is in order.

Looking good B)

you dont fancy comming round here and doing mine do you ?

bring back a few memories for you :rolleyes:

it hasnt been done for months though :o :lol:

[

Most pointless post ever??? :lol:

Guys.. I think we have found the JAE 2008 official TOC car polisher upper ;)

I can pay for a job well done :D

Also have a nice garage and lots of trees; ideal for polishing cars out of those harmful sun rays, ;) but not so ideal for parking the Celica underneath. If it's not sap and acorns falling on the car it's bird *****, so I'm afraid it's badly in need of some expert attention.

Seriously, you obviously know how to treat paintwork properly; I must get your advice on whether anythign can be done about the Celica's paint. The MR2 isn't as good as yours, but it's not too bad because it has been garaged most of its life. The Celica on the other hand fades badly between polishes. I'm not sure whether it's possible to save it, or whether a respray is in order.

Proberly best thing to do is prob have it moped by a body shop they will machine polish it and it will remove the top layer of paint i have a buffer but not as good as a body shop one tho to get the colour back some megs clays or some t cut then some autoglym super resin polish and then some wax to protect it i know it sounds like hard work a couple of seeing to like that and it will look as good as new

Looks ok i suppose,

could do better dazzy boi :lol:, it's still red tho!!!

only joking, looks wicked m8 when you coming to do mine?????

Mo.

dunno have to sort it out sometime black the worst colour ever lol you know what you should do

paint it red !!!!!! :lol::lol: red is the fastest colour aswell

Mo.

when he has a spare year free :lol: hehe

what you tryiong to say daley w

Looking good B)

you dont fancy comming round here and doing mine do you ?

bring back a few memories for you :rolleyes:

it hasnt been done for months though :o :lol:

dont tempt me met black looks sexual when polished up

[

Most pointless post ever??? :lol:

Guys.. I think we have found the JAE 2008 official TOC car polisher upper ;)

illl start my own valeting business on site lol good idea

WANTED CLEANING STAFF FOR JAE 08 COMPETATIVE RATES OF PAY lol :lol:

Cheers daz. Can you recommend anyone in the Mansfield area?

I want somewhere that will do a good job, and preferably somewhere that will let me see what is being done so I can learn from it.

Cheers daz. Can you recommend anyone in the Mansfield area?

I want somewhere that will do a good job, and preferably somewhere that will let me see what is being done so I can learn from it.

There is the imo garage where allied carpet used to be near the police station will mop cars and you can watch i should imagine aswell or failing that i could give you a hand if you want and help you out im not expert tho :thumbsup:

Im currectly cleaning cars at BMW while looking out for a IT / Computer job. Heres the basics (What we do to a used car) -

What you will need for the outside -

Pressure Washer (we have Big huge diesel powered Karcher ones)

Sponge, bucket and car shampoo

Some stuff called safe clean (its a degreser used to remove fly splats etc) this is Optional

Tar and Glue remover

Alloy Wheel Acid

Big thick paint brush

Some rubber gloves

Chammy (used to dry the car)

Window polish

Body polish (Turtle Wax coloured polish works well)

Micro fibre cloths ( best place for these is the Pound shops)

Tyre black

What to do -

If you can get hold of any, Spray the engine bay, Boot jams, bonnect jams, Door jams, Fly splats etc with degreeser.

Pressure wash the out side (with soap if your Pressure washer has this feature).

Pressure wash all the jams and the engine bay (make sure vital electrics are colvered up but most new cars dont mind getting wet).

Sponge the outside.

If you want to do a perfect job, Pressure wash and pick all the mud out the wheel arches.

Spray the car with Tar and glue remover (eg down the sides and boot where tar gets).

Spray the car again with T+G remover and rub it in to remove the bigger bits of tar.

Get your wheel acid and acid all the wheels with the big thick paint brush untill all the dirt is off.

Rinse the car off with the pressure washer.

Polish the inside windows and leave the heaters on hot to dry.

Chammy outside dry with a chammy.

Remove inside window polish.

Apply window polish to outside.

Polish the body work. If using Turtle Wax coloured stuff, apply polish to 2 or 3 pannels at a time and remove.

Remove window polish

Remove body polish with microfibre cloth.

Black the outdie edge of the tyres with tyre black.

If your car is scratched, faded or hazzy looking you will need a Buffer (looks like a angle grinder but with soft head on it) and some buffing compound. This will remove most of the scratches and make your paint look new :). If you have a deep scratch / mark it may need flatted out with some 2000 Wet and Dry sand paper and then buffed up (this is not recommened unless you are trained as too much rubbing and you can easilly damage your paint work ;)

If you have tar / baked on brake dust on your wheels that you cant get off you will need some 2000 wet and dry and some water and gently flat the tar etc off the alloys them buff up with buffing compound :)

For the insides you will need a hoover, small paint brush, Carpet cleaning foam, scrubbing brush and something to wipe the dash etc down (we have stuff called Nap Low foam). Use the small paint brush to brush dirt / dust from all the gaps etc and use the foam and scrubbing brush to clean the carpets. to get all the dirt out you might have to remove the seats. If the mats are in a bad way, remove them and pressure wash them. Wipe over the dash and plastics with the dash cleaner.

We can sometimes spend 2 days on a car!!! We had a Subaru Impreza Estate in and it was a mess (thick with dog hair in the back). We Removed Front seats, Back seats, All the carpeted pannels in the boot, all the plastic boot trims and the floor carpet and mats. The whole body of the car needed Buffed with Farecla G3 compound and then Finnese compoud. Then we pressure washed all the Seats, mats, Carpets and pannels (nearly every interior section was pressure washed) and then sucked all the water out with a sucker machine. Then we had to cut nearly every dog hair out of all the carpeted sections because it was all stuck in. It took over 2 days that car and that was with 2 of us on it non stop!!

Ask me a question and I can probably answer it.

Thanks for the advice guys; it looks very useful. I would really appreciate any help you can give daz if you can spare a little bit of time - not asking you to do the job for me, but I think Steve is right that to get the paintwork to recover I need a buffer, though more importantly I probably need to know how to use it properly.

I do have an electric polisher that I was given as a gift, but it's the Halfords 12V one which I suspect won't be enough to do a proper job. I also hear you can do more harm than good if you don't use these things properly. I think I've heard there are oscillating and rotary ones; mine's a rotary I think. Would spending a bit (not a fortune) on a better machine be a good idea, or is it best to hire them as I guess they're not the sort of thing that you need every time you wash the car.

I have a good Karcher pressure washer and about half the other stuff on Steve's list (mostly T-Cut or Meguiars brands). Think I'll need to look into getting a couple of new buckets and some of the other stuff though.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers. Tony

This is the sort of buffer I mean (looks like a grinder but without the grinder disc) :) -

868663.jpg

You want some G3 Farecla and a Farecla G3 Buffing head to to get the worst marks out (probably best doing the whole car in it if most of it is bad) Then you need some 3M finesse and a 3M Finesse buffing head to remove the light marks that the Farecla makes.

Make sure you spray it with water and dont let it heat up too much or you can melt the paint. Its probably best to just Finesse plastic pannels eg bumpers as G3 heats up fast (becuase the buffing head is not as soft and the paste is thick) and bumpers like to melt easy ;)

heres the Nap Low Foam we use -

http://www.nielsenchemicals.com/nielsen/we...C7?Opendocument

Glass cleaner -

http://www.nielsenchemicals.com/nielsen/we...53?Opendocument

Tar and Glue remover -

http://www.nielsenchemicals.com/nielsen/we...A5?Opendocument

Shampoo -

http://www.nielsenchemicals.com/nielsen/we...F0?Opendocument

Alloy cleaner -

http://www.nielsenchemicals.com/nielsen/we...A2?Opendocument

Then Polish is you own preferance realy. We use BMW's own polish at work that has Nano technology which works quite well (water just runs off it) but it costs the customoer something like £300 to have it applied!!! and this other stuff thats just standard polish. We also use Turtle wax on faded cars and it brings them up very nice.

This is the sort of buffer I mean (looks like a grinder but without the grinder disc) :) -

868663.jpg

You want some G3 Farecla and a Farecla G3 Buffing head to to get the worst marks out (probably best doing the whole car in it if most of it is bad) Then you need some 3M finesse and a 3M Finesse buffing head to remove the light marks that the Farecla makes.

Make sure you spray it with water and dont let it heat up too much or you can melt the paint. Its probably best to just Finesse plastic pannels eg bumpers as G3 heats up fast (becuase the buffing head is not as soft and the paste is thick) and bumpers like to melt easy ;)

heres the Nap Low Foam we use -

http://www.nielsenchemicals.com/nielsen/we...C7?Opendocument

Glass cleaner -

http://www.nielsenchemicals.com/nielsen/we...53?Opendocument

Tar and Glue remover -

http://www.nielsenchemicals.com/nielsen/we...A5?Opendocument

Shampoo -

http://www.nielsenchemicals.com/nielsen/we...F0?Opendocument

Alloy cleaner -

http://www.nielsenchemicals.com/nielsen/we...A2?Opendocument

Then Polish is you own preferance realy. We use BMW's own polish at work that has Nano technology which works quite well (water just runs off it) but it costs the customoer something like £300 to have it applied!!! and this other stuff thats just standard polish. We also use Turtle wax on faded cars and it brings them up very nice.

I have noticed that you use Neilsen products.......................My local Toyota centre valeters use them and they do a great job :thumbsup:

Mo.

when he has a spare year free :lol: hehe

Shut it you !Removed!, but yea i'll give you that one, my special body parts finished yet boi?? or aint ya got time with all ur snakes at pres!!!!

Dazzy,,,,be quiet you just got to keep urs polished so it doesn't go pink, red is just a rubbish colour, and btw ffs how many more times are you gonna change ur number??? you better of got rid of that chunk o' junk phone aswell!!

Mo

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links