Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

May Be Gettin This Mr2

glen_neilson

i currently own a celica gtr,gen 5. my step day was going to sell his mr2 and i thought id get an insurance quote and see how bad it was,ended up 100 quid cheaper some how so im thinking abt getting rid of the celica and getting my first turbo car :D

i know the car has a kit,lenso alloys,s/s exhaust,induction kit,dump valve(is this safe on a rev 1?) turbo timer,boost controller,just had a new turbo,has a few other bits like the s/s dials.

the wings both need sprayed,and it needs a polish.

id like to increase the power a little,nothing major.

what do you guys suggest? im new to mr2s

Dump Valves (BOVs) are fine on a rev1. I would recommend a Blitz DD BOV or a HKQ SSQV as these are both fully adjustable.

Sometimes you can get stall issues with BOVs on AFM cars, but you should be able to eliminate it with either of the above ones I mentioned.

As for increasing power...

You need Filter, exhaust, downpipe, FCD, boost controller and set it to 1bar. That should see you about 260bhp without any problems.

If you want more, then you'll need an aftermarket ECU or a piggyback ECU. That should then see you about 280bhp. You won't get anymore than that on the stock Rev1 turbo.

i think 280 would be as far as id like to go. i dont want to be doing major work. i need to haggle him down on his price as he thinks the cars worth more than it is. the less i pay the more ive got for some goodies :D

Sounds good, any pics??

I was just wondering, do you have to declaire a turbo timer and boost controller on your insurance under modifications?? I was looking through the modification section on Elephant and the closest bit I could see for these 2 would be "Engine modification - other" but is this realy a engine modification or do you not have to declaire these??

Go for it.........they are much lighter than Celi's...but not as sexy but sexy enough to keep you interested.

In your opinion! :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links