Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Few Things I'd Like To Know About My Auris

Rob2083

i've had my auris for 2 months now and all is good. but can any one tell me if my car has a dpf (diesel particulate filter i think it stands for) and if so what does it do? my cars a 2ltr tdi tr uk spec. secondly whats does d-4d stand for as someone i work with wont believe me when i tell him its not 4 wheel drive. and finally when i reverse and brake they make a groaning noise. anyone else had this, so far its nothing thats bothering me too much but i might bring it up at the 1st service.

thanks rob

Particulate filter does exactly what it says on the tin. Filters out the sooty particles that diesels tend to emit. I can never remember which of the D's stand for what but essentially it means either Diesel - 4 Cylinder - Direct Injection or Direct Injection 4 Cylinder Diesel

thanks for clearing that up. does the 2ltr d-4d engine have a dpf then i'm sure the 2.2 t180 does but not sure about the 2ltr?

Yes, also the D4D 2 ltr have the DPF... it is my car, :D :D

I bought one months ago, and I have payed 500 euros to have the dpf

The italian spec has 2 different versions for each engine/trim combination: the versions with DPF are all marked "DPF", so my 2.0 D-4D auris is a "Auris 2.0 D-4D Sol DPF". It looks quite unclear, however, if the UK version is equipped with the DPF. The Toyota UK site is quite obscure about that.

EDIT: D-4D stands for Direct (injection) - 4 (stroke) Diesel

The italian spec has 2 different versions for each engine/trim combination: the versions with DPF are all marked "DPF", so my 2.0 D-4D auris is a "Auris 2.0 D-4D Sol DPF". It looks quite unclear, however, if the UK version is equipped with the DPF. The Toyota UK site is quite obscure about that.

EDIT: D-4D stands for Direct (injection) - 4 (stroke) Diesel

thats whats made me ask as i've seen on some european models it says the 2ltr has the dpf, but in any uk brochures or as you said on the toyota uk site they dont mention it. thanks rob

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links