Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Easter Cactus Is Dying...

JappyBeast

Bought an Easter Cactus over a year ago and it only flowered once (when I bought it).. thing is, it's survived a year in my bathroom but the 'leaves' are now spotty looking and dropping off and it wont flower.

How often do I need to water this thing coz I have been doing it every week but a bloke at work says once a month!

I have left it for a while at its looking pretty grim, I dont want to throw it out tho.

PS, I had a monster party about a month ago and one of my friends was really drunk and fed it vodka, could this be killing it?.. I washed it out under the shower hoping it will get better.

I might have to bin it and get a spider plant.

Bought an Easter Cactus over a year ago and it only flowered once (when I bought it).. thing is, it's survived a year in my bathroom but the 'leaves' are now spotty looking and dropping off and it wont flower.

How often do I need to water this thing coz I have been doing it every week but a bloke at work says once a month!

I have left it for a while at its looking pretty grim, I dont want to throw it out tho.

PS, I had a monster party about a month ago and one of my friends was really drunk and fed it vodka, could this be killing it?.. I washed it out under the shower hoping it will get better.

I might have to bin it and get a spider plant.

If it has overdosed on Vodka it may well be suffering from alcoholic poisoning................much like you Andy ;) :lol:

Stand the plant in water for a few hours to rinse out any impurities then only water them every 6 weeks in Autumn & Winter then every 4 weeks in Spring and Summer.

When it buds give it a very diluted liquid feed till it flowers.

Remember Cacti are normally on the wagon due to a very bad previous life........ :D

Raistlin

suck the vodka back out

I made a drink out of the damp soil!

I soaked it under the shower when I found it swimming in vodka, not gonna water it so much now and see if it gets better.

It's not very nice to look at tho.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links