Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mclaren Fined $100 Million

chatman

O my GOD.... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I know this is Toyota F1 but thought it was relevant...

Formula 1

McLaren

Ferrari get off....HA hate them even more now..... :censor: :censor: :censor:

Alonso and Lewis still keep there points but team loose all Team Construction points...

It would have been like F1 pushing the Self Destruct button if they had docked Hamilton all of his points. He's single handedly rejuvenating the sport at the moment.

It's a huge fine and no doubt there will be an appeal. The problem was with the alledged behaviour of the team, so the team is punished, not the drivers and the fans.

( anyway, I'm sure they can afford it ! )

The problem was with the alledged behaviour of the team, so the team is punished, not the drivers and the fans.

Try telling that to Juha Kankkunen, Didier Auriol and Armin Schwarz. There was never any suggestion that they knew anything about the mods on their GT4s but they lost all their points.

Unfortunately the WRC is a second class citizen as far as the FIA are concern. You only have to look at the woeful state of the present WRC season to know that top level rallying is not high on the FIA's agenda.

And as for Mclaren being able to afford the $100 million fine, yes they might get the money together in the short term but in the long term it such a hole in their budget will seriously effect them and their chances in the next five years or so. Therefore handing the world titles to Ferrari for the foreseeable future!

Apparently they were only minutes from a 2 season ban ( according to Mr Eccleston on Sky last night ). Something that would have cost them more than the 100 million dollars.

Apparently they were only minutes from a 2 season ban ( according to Mr Eccleston on Sky last night ). Something that would have cost them more than the 100 million dollars.

Think you should all read this...and it lists the emails between the drivers....interesting reading.... Clicky

Naughty naughty :!Removed!: :!Removed!:

Naughty Naughty indeed. It's a lot murkier than the TV news have let on ( although I appreciate they aren't supposed to comment on a current case before the verdict ).

PopBitch however, had this on their latest newsletter

McLaren face more spying allegations today.

Gossip behind the scenes says Fernando Alonso

is looking to jump ship at the end of the

season whatever happens, with a big money

move to a lesser team, rather than take a

sabbatical. McLaren are looking at bringing

in Jenson Button to be the number two

driver at the end of next season. Delighted to

get back in a good car, Button is unlikely to

be any trouble to the McLaren team.

But the really sensational rumour concerns who

provided the extra evidence which shopped

McLaren the FIA. Initially fingers were being

pointed at Alonso but F1 insiders tell us that

the smart money is on Hamilton Snr, who was

angry at the team for keeping Lewis in second

place in the last race. Surely not?

Gotta love conspiracy theories !

The outcome of the FIA hearing makes me sick.... that pathetic French organisation is now pandering to the bitching and gripes of Ferrari :angry:

McLaren are far from blameless but what happened did not warrant such a fine and docking of points.

The outcome of the FIA hearing makes me sick.... that pathetic French organisation is now pandering to the bitching and gripes of Ferrari :angry:

McLaren are far from blameless but what happened did not warrant such a fine and docking of points.

Ferrari are the spoilt little rich kid moaning to teacher :crybaby: :crybaby: They are also too blame...

It was very badly handled and also very public affair and Bernie/Max and there cronies have just done F1 no good in this.....Hope the fans Boo Ferrari next time there out, as I will be. Boo boo boo :angry: :angry:

F1 has or is going just like Premiership football, too much money, end of!

Sport has gone out of the window, it's a must win for money.............not sport

They all deserve one another

Kingo :thumbsup:

Watched Ron dennis being interviewed during Qually today and his face seemed say "do I need this, I could jack it in and spend the rest of my life on a beach" But he won't, he'll fight on. Pretty sure Alonso will be kicked out / jump ship at the end of the season. Ron had more than a belly full of his games at Hungary.

Certain parties in Mclaren and Ferrari have done some dodgy things in the last year but when I look at Ron Dennis I don't think IMHO he knew anything about them.

Watched Ron dennis being interviewed during Qually today and his face seemed say "do I need this, I could jack it in and spend the rest of my life on a beach" But he won't, he'll fight on. Pretty sure Alonso will be kicked out / jump ship at the end of the season. Ron had more than a belly full of his games at Hungary.

Certain parties in Mclaren and Ferrari have done some dodgy things in the last year but when I look at Ron Dennis I don't think IMHO he knew anything about them.

Yea rumour is that Alonso out end of year and Button in as second driver....

Race notes from here Pitpass Web Site

Ron Dennis: A solid performance from both drivers despite a rare mistake from Fernando on his first run. Obviously we would prefer to occupy the first rather than the second row. The times are very close and we believe we have a strong strategy for tomorrow.

Classic line from Ralf...It is frustrating not to get into the top 10 because I think we had the pace to do it. maybe the car but not you driving it Ralf :lol: :lol:

Watched the pre race stuff today, in real terms the 50 million fine comes down to 15 million because they deduct

the money the team would have made for winning the constructors title.

Would agree with Chatman, I think Ron was oblivious that this was going on, it was he after all who blew the whistle

according to todays race commentators.

Get rid of Alonso and bring in Button, great idea. Two brits in a brit team would be great. As for Ferrari, the most

corrupt country in the world, dont know what they are bleating at. Never have liked Mr Personality, their no 1

driver allways thought Massa was better and a real personality. Raikenen is just lucky he started at Ferrari when

they finally got the car right. He was after all a duffer when he left McLaren.

Dave ;)

Get rid of Alonso and bring in Button, great idea. Two brits in a brit team would be great. As for Ferrari, the most

corrupt country in the world, dont know what they are bleating at. Never have liked Mr Personality, their no 1

driver allways thought Massa was better and a real personality. Raikenen is just lucky he started at Ferrari when

Dave ;)

As long as Mclaren don't do anything stupid and sign RALF!

Dave ;)

RegularlyAttractsLaughterFinishing :lol::lol::lol:

Dave.

Dave ;)

RegularlyAttractsLaughterFinishing :lol::lol::lol:

Dave.

I'm sure RALF just cruises round during the race thinking what to spend his next pay cheque on :angry::rolleyes:

RalfAmostLikesFinishing

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has anyone at Toyota told him he has more gears in the gearbox he can use.......not just 1st, 2nd and 3rd :lol::rolleyes: :)

Has anyone at Toyota told him he has more gears in the gearbox he can use.......not just 1st, 2nd and 3rd :lol::rolleyes: :)

He only like the one saying R as he thinks it's named after him....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links