Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange Beeps...

Sinttruijen

I know... I know.... A lot of questions from my side :unsure: , but I'm using every bit of my Auris to the max B) .

Yesterday, when i was driving with SVC off, I was pushing it to the max ( I dont like the SVC) . but repeatetly i heard a electronic warning sound almost like a mobile phone going off getting out of the dashboard???

After some trying, this sound only occurs when I max the Auiris in the quick cornering. :P

Does anyone has any idea:

1. What this electronic warning sounds means ?

2. In what way does the car intervene during this warning sound , if in any way ?

It's not in the manual .....

Thanks in advance.

I know... I know.... A lot of questions from my side :unsure: , but I'm using every bit of my Auris to the max B) .

Yesterday, when i was driving with SVC off, I was pushing it to the max ( I dont like the SVC) . but repeatetly i heard a electronic warning sound almost like a mobile phone going off getting out of the dashboard???

After some trying, this sound only occurs when I max the Auiris in the quick cornering. :P

Does anyone has any idea:

1. What this electronic warning sounds means ?

2. In what way does the car intervene during this warning sound , if in any way ?

It's not in the manual .....

Thanks in advance.

Maybe your mobile phone needs recharging ;)

hahaha. good one :P

But , no phone was involved and & we even turned the radio off, you never know with radiocommercial tricks these days :!Removed!:

The electronic beeping waring sound can be reproduced with fast cornering. We had the best results in reproducing with chicane corners.

hahaha. good one :P

But , no phone was involved and & we even turned the radio off, you never know with radiocommercial tricks these days :!Removed!:

The electronic beeping waring sound can be reproduced with fast cornering. We had the best results in reproducing with chicane corners.

I suppose it's the same sound as when the VSC is active. You can only deactivate the intervention of the VSC, not the warning sound that says the vehicle is losing the grip on the road...

Ok,

We finally found the reason for the warning beeps. It's called "Eland proof"

I can't find any translation for the maybe Dutch word ??, so I try to explain it in my best English.

It's a warning that the car might be at risk of turnover by quick manoeuvres while steering left/right & end up upside-down.

This limit is hard to reach with the VSC system ON. Cause the intervention of the VSC breaks of the manoeuvre, so therefore not noticed earlier. But when you turn it OFF, this limit is easily reach in chicane cornering ;)

If i find some time on the 8th of october, i'll try to make a small video with the beeping sounds for the "non-believers" :eek:

So, when you are able to reach this limit of overturn with VSC ON, I bow for you Ooh..Master :D

PS.

My testing is done on the circuit of Zandvoort ( Audi-S curve) & reaches the limit's of the Auris veery close, so don't try is on the public road. It's brings danger to you & others. :censor:

Greetz,

This button you turned off - does it say VSC or TRC?

There are no letters on the button. It has a sign with a car with 2 tire tracks behind it.

When turned off ( 3 sec with contact ON & Engine OFF), the same sign is visible in yellow on the dashboard.

Greetz,

It's traction control. VSC can't be turned off on the Auris.

Roughly translated form the Dutch manual>>

Servicemanual Section 2-4: usage of the other drivingsystems

paragraaf: Turning off the TRC & VSC.

Keep the button pressed for more then 3 seconds, while the car is standing still, to turn off TRC & VSC.

The control light in the dashboard will turn on & there will be a message on the information display.

Press the button again to switch both systems back on again.

Sorry for any English grammar errors :rolleyes:

so give it a try slarti54 :thumbsup:

Greetz,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links