Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Check Strap To Open Rear Door

Nightstalker

Where can we get hold of a check strap so that the rear door opens fully on a xt4?

is this only available via MR T?

If so ....whats your price Price King???? ;)

rgds

Rob

B)

Where can we get hold of a check strap so that the rear door opens fully on a xt4?

rgds

Rob

B)

Part number 68650-42070 RETAIL 67.36 TOC PRICE 60.00 Delivered INC VAT

Kingo :thumbsup:

rgds

Rob

B)

Part number 68650-42070 RETAIL 67.36 TOC PRICE 60.00 Delivered INC VAT

Save yourself some cash and buy off eBay.... :lol: :lol: :lol: same strap but cheaper :lol: :lol:

Check Strap

Cost me more to buy it!!!

grrr flee bay links always go on here.....

Any way search RAV in eBay, and its on second page £49 quid from Japparts :D :D

Cost me more to buy it!!!

grrr flee bay links always go on here.....

Any way search RAV in eBay, and its on second page £49 quid from Japparts :D :D

Here is the item number, 260158829949, go forth and purchase, lol

Hate to say it King...but I think eBay is looking favourable.... :unsure:

Hate to say it King...but I think Ebay is looking favourable.... :unsure:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I love it when they say - GENUINE TOYOTA part , it should read genuine part made FOR Toyota under Toyotas strict guidelines of production quality.

I have made air bag modules for Toyota for the past 4 years in a factory in Peterlee. They are sold as genuine toyota part , funny old world.

I love it when they say - GENUINE TOYOTA part , it should read genuine part made FOR Toyota .

I have made air bag modules for Toyota for the past 4 years in a factory in Peterlee.

Badge engineering mate ;)

Any plans to mod your surf ? I keep seeing a local one allbeit older than yours with a lift kit and bigger wheels

it looks really coooooooool.

Dave.

I dont off road Dave, Plus its my daily ride now for work 40 miles per day ( used to be 2 miles :crybaby: ) , also my caravan puller.

I'd like it higher with big wheels , but can't justify the expence .

Part number 68650-42070

Dont suppose you could do a quick cross reference to see what other vehicles (if any) that part is fitted to? :o

DJ

I started to chronicle the fitting of the check strap the other day but then photobucket hung up and I couldn't save a draft so I will do it all again this weekend.

If you take my advice you will get the proper toyota one as it is very well made (you can tell by the weight amongst other things) and it is plastic coated like the original so needs no lubrication. The strap has a detent at 60 deg so will hold where the maximum of the original is but will also push on to 90 deg.

That is a big heavy door and if a chepo one breaks it could cause some considerable damage. Cough up the bit extra and get Kingo to post one to you.

Here is a little taster of the fitting instructions;

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

door-1.jpg

Cheers

Part number 68650-42070

Dont suppose you could do a quick cross reference to see what other vehicles (if any) that part is fitted to? :o

DJ

Nothing, just ACA3# ALA3# 05-11 TO 07-07

I get this "Badge engineering" thing all the time, oh so and so sells genuine parts half your price!.........well I say, go and buy them then. It's then you find it's a company who make genuine parts for Toyota but not the actual item you want/need. I always have a wry smile on my face when they come back, cap in hand, to actually buy something that will fit, first time, and without having to modify your car to do it. We all like a good deal, I do too, but sometimes saving a few pounds now will cost you dearly in the future. All I ask is that you do your homework, compare our prices AND quality, and if you go elsewhere then we are sorry to lose the sale. Genuine parts are more expensive, but nowhere near as expensive as they used to be, just try us first! Thanks for indulging me!

I get this "Badge engineering" thing all the time, oh so and so sells genuine parts half your price!.........well I say, go and buy them then. It's then you find it's a company who make genuine parts for Toyota but not the actual item you want/need. I always have a wry smile on my face when they come back, cap in hand, to actually buy something that will fit, first time, and without having to modify your car to do it. We all like a good deal, I do too, but sometimes saving a few pounds now will cost you dearly in the future. All I ask is that you do your homework, compare our prices AND quality, and if you go elsewhere then we are sorry to lose the sale. Genuine parts are more expensive, but nowhere near as expensive as they used to be, just try us first! Thanks for indulging me!

Kingo we are in your debt for providing us this service on TOC. You are the only TOYOTA Parts man on here and have a captive audience of enthusiasts and like minded people who at some point will need parts or advise......

I thank you for your service and advise and helpful manner...(and I will be in touch regarding the air flow meter soon ;) ;) )

I thank you for your service and advise and helpful manner...(and I will be in touch regarding the air flow meter soon ;) ;) )

Fankoo........... :blushing:

PS It costs me money to be on 'ere so get buying off me TOC boys and girls, lol

Part number 68650-42070

DJ

Nothing, just ACA3# ALA3# 05-11 TO 07-07

Kingo...you missunderstood me...

When I asked if it cross referenced to another vehicle, I did mean TOYOTA vehicle.... not any other marque....

My thinking there was it may be fitted as STANDARD to others in the Toyota vehicle range... and therefore we may be able to get one in a breakers!

Worth asking, and thanks for the reply...

DJ

When I asked if it cross referenced to another vehicle, I did mean TOYOTA vehicle.... not any other marque....

My thinking there was it may be fitted as STANDARD to others in the Toyota vehicle range... and therefore we may be able to get one in a breakers!

DJ

It doesnt fit anything else DJ, just the model and years mentioned. There are a few types of these check straps too, the earlier models are different, and the very latest is different. Primarily, you are swopping a right hand drive cars check strap, to that of a LHD car, so you are not going to find one in a scrapyead very easily. They do not fit any other Toyota model, hope this helps

DJ

It doesnt fit anything else DJ, just the model and years mentioned. There are a few types of these check straps too, the earlier models are different, and the very latest is different. Primarily, you are swopping a right hand drive cars check strap, to that of a LHD car, so you are not going to find one in a scrapyead very easily. They do not fit any other Toyota model, hope this helps

To find one of these parts in a breakers yard would be very lucky...they would probably be stored next the the Pixie dust and left handed screw drivers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

provisions must be made to make fitting of the checkstrap legal, the reason toyota don't fit them on rav's with spare wheels is due to the spare covering the o/s tail lamps

Yep, I put some reflective tape all round the back door edge, some members fit LEDS and wire

them up to the sidelights.

Dave. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links