Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

F1 2003

Carlgolsby

I think they know the ropes now so hopefully the should be up there with the likes of Jordan and BaR

will be good to see what they can do, am not sure they will do to well this year as 1 full season isn't really that much experience....

Still my fingers will be crossed !

Im sorry to disagree with posts Ive seen here before but I think Toyota should have done another year with the original drivers and spent the time sorting out the car.As it is they have to start again and lets face it they need all the help they can get to get on parr with the likes of Jordon and BAR.I would love to see Toyota in the top five teams but you dont get there by sacking your drivers after only your first year and I think it stinks.

I support Orange Arrows(so you can see I dont have a clue):P

I think you're right. they need some consistancy and getting rid of your drivers who've put in a lot of the development work isn't going to achieve that.

Still, hopefully Panis and De Matta will have the drive to better the outgoing drivers

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

On closer inspection the TF103 is actually much better than its predecessor, and bears an uncanny resemblance to the 2002 Ferraris aerodynamics, the exhaust exits in particular.

Looking at the test times so far Toyota have been quite strong and consistant so I think that although they're not likely to win any races this season, they'll be able to bag a few points off their own merit rather than by the misfortune of other teams like last year.

We will see... I read roumours of Ralph saying how he is looking into Toyota F1 for his next contract for 2005 season since Toyota is serious and doing things right...

funny enough - Toyota F1 is the only german based F1 team

;-)

I've been watching some of the F1 sites recently and Toyota seem to be regularly getting the fastest times and proving very reliable, looks as if we could be in for a good years with some good finishes...

That would be nice to see, maybe the Toyota 3000GT isn't that far away after all....

http://www.f1racing.net/news.php?ID=54555

27 February, Jerez - Spain

Place Driver Team Time laps

1 O. Panis Toyota 1.19.080 55

2 L. Badoer Ferrari 1.19.576 55

3 D. Coulthard McLaren 1.20.062 68

4 K. Raikkonen McLaren 1.20.757 41

5 R. Schumacher Williams 1.20.811 99

Looks well doesnt it? ;-) Especially considering that williams and McLaren was out in strenght, and Ferrari test driver was running new car as well - which was faster 0.5 sec than new one, but due to reliability testing new one wont be out yet ;-)

Don't be too happy about these test times where it will count will be on race day!

You can't tell what fuel loads these cars had or what type of wing they're running.

of course not... but it seems that we shall be at least competitive this time around ;-)

btw, anyone saw those Toyota F1 commercials that started airing recently? shows Toyota f1 car racing around the track, being refueled and then going off again...with message to "Watch on" or something similar...saw it tonite on CNN... hopefully they are not going ahead of themselves....

From that last comment you have to remember that Toyota Sponser ITV's F1 coverage so would be very silly to have another marquee on the adverts :) :)

heh, i am in Bosnia, so no ITV here... plus ad was on euro CNN...but then again, they had lots of ads last year too ;-)

apparantly the bookies are giving very good odds for Toyota (Panis) this weekend! ;)

According to the William HIll website he comes in 10th....

List copied from ther website...

M Schumacher 1.66

R Barrichello 4.33

D Coulthard 8.50

J P Montoya 11.00

K Raikkonen 13.00

R Schumacher 15.00

J Trulli 51.00

J Villeneuve 67.00

J Button 81.00

O Panis

lifted from itv f1 . . .

F1 newcomer Cristiano da Matta reckons he will be world champion within two years.

The Toyota driver is determined to follow in the footsteps of Jacques Villeneuve, who won the world championship in his second year in the sport.

Super-confident Da Matta made the seemingly outlandish claim in an interview with German newspaper Cologne Express.

He said: "Winning the world championship is not my dream, but my goal. I want to win it within two years at the latest.

"Jacques Villeneuve won the CART series and then also won the F1 championship shortly after. So why should I not be able to repeat that?"

Da Matta has received a glowing reference from Juan Pablo Montoya, the last driver to switch from ChampCars to Formula 1.

He said: "Cristiano has enormous potential. His car handling is incredible and he is as brave as me."

:huh: <_<

• 3 months later...

For the money that have i mean Toyota should be right there with the rest of the cars... however it may take a couple of years to get the car fully figured out before it starts shwoing wehat it can really do.... hopefully we can beat the honda's of the f-1 world

its not all about the money, experience is the key - remember how long it took ferrari to become what they are now (in 90s)...

we are looking good for Canada this week, new spec engine is here and they seem happy with it... I am sure Toyota can end up being top 5 team by the end of the year

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links