Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Excessive Moderating Nanny Forum Etc...

Karma Supra

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pompey Gaz

• Captain Weirdbeard

• JappyBeast

• T V O R

And Cptn. Weirdbeard, Just Leave T V O R he hasn't responded to your questions maturely. It seems he just wants to make trouble.

Done mate. Sound advice.

And Cptn. Weirdbeard, Just Leave T V O R he hasn't responded to your questions maturely. It seems he just wants to make trouble.

Done mate. Sound advice.

lol3.gif

Done mate. Sound advice.

lol3.gif

They can't see you! :D

They can't see you! :D

I couldn't see TVOR's web bug... until you copied it in your post dude. No worries though. It made me smile to think he is carrying on with his one man crusade without an audience. At least he's consistent.

From just reading over the last few pages that have appeared since I last looked at this thread - it seems to me that TVOR was/is saying that he has a right to express his opinion...after all everyone is equal at the end of the day, we're all human (well I think so ;)) so I agree with that completely...otherwise it's like no-one on here can dare say anything about what they feel about a thread being closed or whatever.

I know that Mod's do have put in their own time to come on here & do whatever they need to and I also do feel that the "lock" button can suffer from any moderator using it often and they use their judgement to decide whether to close a thread or not....my opinion is that it simply should've been left to die a natural death but that's just me as an individual.

However I know RedYaris54 well and he is a great guy who inputs a lot into this club and I know that is who comments are being made at.......but surely if there is a gripe with a particular mod then it should be kept private? There are people (and mods) on here who I know and like better than others..but that is because I have met a lot of them at various meets in the past and hope to meet them again. Steve is the top management on here and he doesn't post as much as he used to and I know that he has a lot of things going on in his life offline but he can still receive and check PM's!...after all if a club doesnt have feedback issues then nothing can be done...whether anything will be done or not is down to the management..but there are better ways of going about it then having a few digs at the moderator in question.

:thumbsup: anyway that is just my twopence worth!

The fact of the matter is - we're appointed by Steve & Les to assist them in the running of the forum.

We are accountable to them should problems happen - not to members. No one has any right to judge me or what I do, same as I have no right to judge anyone else. I like to think I'm fairly easy going and fair, in fact the whole team is very easy going and fair. People would complain (quite rightly) if we started closing down everything that turned heated.

If a member has an issue with a specific moderator - PM them to talk about it in a civil manner. If this doesn't work, PM either another moderator or management to air your grievances.

It's really that simple! Why do some people not understand this simple process? Do you need step-by-step instructions? If so, please find them below:

1. Oh dear, I have a problem with something {insert name of mod here} has done

2. PM sent to moderator "Dear {insert name of mod here}, I have a problem with {insert problem here}, Please can you explain why you have done this?"

3. Either a. "I have received a reply and I am satisfied" or b. "I am not satisfied, I wish to take this further"

4. (If option b selected previously) PM sent to Management "Dear Steve/Les, I have a problem with {insert name of mod here}"

5. Steve/Les take appropriate action to resolve problem

6. The End

I mean for bobs sake, we do not need this atmosphere on the forums and anyone can PM any member of the team at any time - you can even see which moderators are on when (by looking at the online list - mods are coloured blue)

I don't mind receiving PM's from anyone, I welcome it in fact! Anyone who has issues has always been able to talk to me and long may that continue. I'd much rather that than a public berating. :thumbsup:

I feel hurt by your post em, surely we are all old enough to understand and participate in a friendly environment with people and understand how a system works? :P

I feel hurt by your post em, surely we are all old enough to understand and participate in a friendly environment with people and understand how a system works? :P

Em has hit the nail on the head.

Everyone else is thinking it TVOR at least has the balls to say it .

The amount of Brown-nose's on this website is worrying .

Dont get me wrong some of the mods on here are tremendous , they're full of banter and knowledge (even if some of them do drive pink cars :D )

If a member has an issue with a specific moderator - PM them to talk about it in a civil manner. If this doesn't work, PM either another moderator or management to air your grievances.

It's really that simple! Why do some people not understand this simple process? Do you need step-by-step instructions? If so, please find them below:

1. Oh dear, I have a problem with something {insert name of mod here} has done

2. PM sent to moderator "Dear {insert name of mod here}, I have a problem with {insert problem here}, Please can you explain why you have done this?"

3. Either a. "I have received a reply and I am satisfied" or b. "I am not satisfied, I wish to take this further"

4. (If option b selected previously) PM sent to Management "Dear Steve/Les, I have a problem with {insert name of mod here}"

5. Steve/Les take appropriate action to resolve problem

6. The End

I mean for bobs sake, we do not need this atmosphere on the forums and anyone can PM any member of the team at any time - you can even see which moderators are on when (by looking at the online list - mods are coloured blue)

I don't mind receiving PM's from anyone, I welcome it in fact! Anyone who has issues has always been able to talk to me and long may that continue. I'd much rather that than a public berating. :thumbsup:

Nicely sarcastically put Em... in a moderator sort of way, and I agree with what you say... BUT you have it back to front!

Its not 'If a member has an issue with a specific moderator'

It’s 'If a moderator has an issue with a specific member'

In my experience when a moderator makes it public and decides to patronise condescend and talk down to any member to make themselves appear more authoritative than what they actually are, then I’m afraid the gloves come off. Goading members into doing or saying things they wouldn’t normally do is totally unacceptable.

In my personal experience when I've crossed swords with mods, I didn’t start it. Maybe your step-by-step instructions should be posted in the colleagues inboxes as in my opinion, one or two need it, then hopefully threads like this and the that started this one wouldn’t happen.

(No offence to the 99% of the good moderatores on the TOC who do a sterling job)

This has become the perfect example of a thread that should be locked IMHO.

It started out as a non-personal discussion about when threads should be locked, and when they shouldn't, and has turned into an opportunity to have a go at admin and moderators, which I don't believe was ever the intention. It's one thing to discuss the policy of locking in order to investigate whether that policy might be changed, and another to get annoyed with one member of the team just because you don't like the policy.

I'd like to see an open friendly debate about thread closure, but there's no way it's going to happen in this thread now, it has become far too personal for that.

To be honest, if it is going to be locked, I'd like an answer before it is......

I do however totally disagree with this:

"We are accountable to them should problems happen - not to members."

It is the members that make up (and fund!) the forum, the moderators are there to all in all keep it running smoothly for the masses.

fo·rum [fawr-uhm, fohr-uhm]

–noun, plural fo·rums, fo·ra.

1. the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people.

2. a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.

3. an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.

-And before anyone says "but you need to understand Mods........."

I runa forum myself, and over the years have been moderators on several others. I know the score.

Please stop assuming that just because you agree with somebody everybody else does

That's just it... he hasn't said anything. Even when asked to do so, he has failed to clarify just what his problem is. There is no point to discuss any more and the whole thread has lost any value for the chap own owns it.

Abandon thread!!! Lifeboats at the ready!

Don't say that!!!!

They'll lock it ;)

They'll lock it ;)

BLANKETY BLANK TIME !!! YAY :D

** **** * ***, about disasters, fire, floods, and killer bees

** **** * ***, about the NASA shuttle falling in the sea

** **** * ***, about starvation and the food that live aid buys

** **** * ***, about disease baby rock ACID ROCK YEAH!

WOOOOOOOOOOoooo!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links