Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Excessive Moderating Nanny Forum Etc...

Karma Supra

So someone must be able to delete this whole series of posts then we can all live and post in harmony free from fear of any criticism :wub:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pompey Gaz

• Captain Weirdbeard

• JappyBeast

• T V O R

To be honest, if it is going to be locked, I'd like an answer before it is......

I do however totally disagree with this:

It is the members that make up (and fund!) the forum, the moderators are there to all in all keep it running smoothly for the masses.

fo·rum [fawr-uhm, fohr-uhm]

–noun, plural fo·rums, fo·ra.

1. the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people.

2. a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.

3. an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.

-And before anyone says "but you need to understand Mods........."

I runa forum myself, and over the years have been moderators on several others. I know the score.

Wise words from 'Karma Supra'.

With heavy Policing or trigger happy mods there is a danger that the TOC will consist of a site with just one post of “The Word Association Thread” groan.gif or end up like the renegade site “Toyota Sp-ort” (It’s been suspended!!!) rofl.gif

STILL Bored Now............... :eek::ban:

I suggest you move along to the "word association thread" or something of that ilk, and stop reading/posting/cluttering this one as it bores you so much... :)

Everyone else is thinking it TVOR at least has the balls to say it .

Please stop assuming that just because you agree with somebody everybody else does

Ok then a lot of others do then not everyone - and this isnt an assumption son .

That's just it... he hasn't said anything. Even when asked to do so, he has failed to clarify just what his problem is. There is no point to discuss any more and the whole thread has lost any value for the chap own owns it.

Abandon thread!!! Lifeboats at the ready!

You didnt get what he was talking about from the last 5-6 pages?

STILL Bored Now............... :eek::ban:

I suggest you move along to the "word association thread" or something of that ilk, and stop reading/posting/cluttering this one as it bores you so much... :)

Who started this thread then ...........

captain jack i thought captains went down with the ship :P

well said Les

Yes Gaz. They do. I feel thoroughly ashamed, even though I was not this thread's captain in t'first place.

I think I should submit myself, prostrate, before the female moderators and take my punishment like a man. It's a fair cop and I hold my hands up to it.

I'm Captain Weirdbeard BTW. That other chappie you mention is the spin-off character from Doctor Who. Trucker jack is my mate who never posts here because he can't type. He loves the forum too though.

That's just it... he hasn't said anything. Even when asked to do so, he has failed to clarify just what his problem is. There is no point to discuss any more and the whole thread has lost any value for the chap own owns it.

Abandon thread!!! Lifeboats at the ready!

You didnt get what he was talking about from the last 5-6 pages?

Well, to be honest... no. Early on in the thread I asked if he could be a bit more specific and I got shouted at. He sounded as if he might have a legitimate grievance but if he has, he was unable to present it in a reasonable manner. I am here for fun. I am not here to be insulted and called a stirrer so I've added him to the Ignore list.

I haven't read any of his posts since yesterday and I'm cheering up already.

Funny, aint it.

For those who were unsure who actually owns this thread; it is Karma Supra. I'm not sure if he's actually got anything useful from this discussion during all this unpleasantness but at least he is not offensive.

Rock on.

Please stop assuming that just because you agree with somebody everybody else does

Ok then a lot of others do then not everyone - and this isnt an assumption son .

Thanks dad

Thanks dad

I'm too pretty to be your dad . sorry .

boy-o-boy this is a great thread! Shows a lot of characters! I have to agree with a lot of what TVOR, Karma & d_b_e have to say.

I have had experience of off-ish moderating and yes Em, things were changed and apologies were given, but only after I'd complained about it! TVOR doesn't have to have a 'grudge' to dislike the way things are dealt with, we are all adults (I think??!!). I don't hold grudges but it is worth mentioning, it is a forum after all. :thumbsup:

As I and others have said, 99% of the time this forum is great, but it can get out of hand from time to time which will inevitably get peoples backs up. :yes:

I love threads like this as well. You get to see the true colours of people when the heat is on so to speak, and the evolvement of the pack mentality.

My opinion of particular members has gone up ten fold with your articulate and balanced views and the failure to follow the crowd like sheep, and I salute you all, (and thanks for the PM’s, you know who you are :thumbsup: )

On the other hand, there are particular members that have confirmed their kindergarten status!

Long live the TOC!

:toast:

Thanks dad

I'm too pretty to be your dad . sorry .

:laughing:

After I'd built my hopes up too :crybaby:

I would like to thank my manager, my production team and especially my fans out there!

you forgot to thank your pink car

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links