Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

e.c.u code 22

samatt2001

hi all,

I've just had a problem with overheating and ended up having a new radiator and water pump fitted, however since this incident my e.c.u warning light has come on and i have established it's a code 22 which relates to a heat sensor. The problem is that i have been told by a toyota engineer that there are several of these sensors and establishing which one it is can be a long and drawn out process of elimination (not to mention expensive). Has anyone ever had this warning code and if so did they get to the bottom of it quickly and easily without having to "re-mortgage thier house" :-( or has anyone heard of a solution on the grape-vine??? The car has been tuned and tested and i have been reliably informed that the running of the car is fine and not to worry too much about the warning light but it is very annoying driving around with it on all the time!!!. One other point, my turbo is on its way out and i will be replcing it come the new year, what is my best option between new/re-con and stock v's performance and where do i go for one at the best price. I live in the u.k.

Appreciatively,

Matt.

Error code 22 on Toyota's made after '91 translates to:

Coolant temperature sensor - Open or short in coolant temperature circuit, sensor or ECM faulty,

ref:http://www.autobook.co.kr/data_links/toyota_trouble_codes.htm,

Hope this helps, didn't know which one of your 4 identical posts to respond to so responded to the one in the area which was closest to where it should have ben posted :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links