Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Am I Supposed To Be Having Kids Now?

JappyBeast

Been thinking about this for a while,

Am I supposed to be thinking abvout having kids now?

How old were you lot when you started having children?

My mum was just 18 when she had me and my mum and dad already were married with a house at this time!

Is it a case of things changing with the times?

Been thinking about this for a while,

Am I supposed to be thinking abvout having kids now?

How old were you lot when you started having children?

My mum was just 18 when she had me and my mum and dad already were married with a house at this time!

Is it a case of things changing with the times?

I was 27/28 when my first son was born.......................but I think that many couples leave it much later these days.

My first son is now about your age Andy and he has no intention of having any kids inthe forseeable future.

I think I want kids but I dont want to wake up one morning and think it's too late!

My boss had his son when he was 40!

He says its important to live your life first.

I think I want kids but I dont want to wake up one morning and think it's too late!

My boss had his son when he was 40!

He says its important to live your life first.

Just because you have children it does not mean that you have to stop living your life.......................Indeed children can enhance life and make it very enjoyable.

40 is not really too late IMO.....................how does your other half feel about it all?

(She would have to get involved somewhere along the line ;) .............if I remember correctly :lol: )

how does your other half feel about it all?

Not really spoke to her about it!

That may be a good first step then ;)

Nope! I have no intention at all for the foreseable future.

I wouldn't want to until I am settled with someone, married in our own house, unfoturtunately houses are !Removed! expensive, especially in my current area, and I don't want to move away, I also don't want to get married for a long time, much to my other halves irritation.

i was 18 when i had my first and also married ....wish i had lived my life first but wouldnt be wthout em now...all 3 boys and my OH are my life

My Mum was 24 when I was born and I always expected to be a similar age when I had mine....

Things never go to plan though - and now I'm 26, single & a couple of cats instead!

Andy - you know I know whats going on and you know what I think of it. If you really do want this you need to sort stuff out - I know you know what I mean ;) Talk to me if you need to, but I will repeat my view again and again!

The truth is, there is no set age, but it needs to be 100% right in all respects. You'd be a great Dad, when the time is right, but both you and I know its not now... and the same for me, although I kinda need a bloke first! :lol:

I was 22 when my first was born and my wife was 19.. we got married about a year and a half later.

When is the right time to have kids?.. there isn't one, but... your life should be steady and well balanced so that the kid can have a good start in life.

I was 21 when i was a dad, my mum was 16 when my sis was born.

Whens the right time i'd say .................. when you win the lottery :P

but seriously the time is right when you and your partner feel you can give your lifes to a chid.

Any bloke can stick it in and be a dad but it takes a real man to become a father ;)

have em early.. coz its horrible looking after babies when your old and achy LOL

its something you should do when you feel ready mate.. its hard work (even if jim says it aint LOL)

When is the right time - NEVER! :D

Dont do it andy - kids ruin your life! :yes:

I have absolutely no intentions of bending my life around some little screaming bundle - just think what youll be giving up - freedom - the mr2 (cant fit a baby seat in that!) - sleep - your sanity!

But seriously - if this is one of those ' i need to keep up with everyone' just buy a bigger car instead - loads more fun :D

What does your lady think of it Andy? She's alot younger than you and may not be anywhere near ready for sprogs!
how does your other half feel about it all?

Not really spoke to her about it!

That may be a good first step then ;)

:rolleyes:

I have absolutely no intentions of bending my life around some little screaming bundle - just think what youll be giving up - freedom - the mr2 (cant fit a baby seat in that!) - sleep - your sanity!

But seriously - if this is one of those ' i need to keep up with everyone' just buy a bigger car instead - loads more fun :D

I reckon the age of 28 is perfect! :D:rolleyes:

Shifaah042.jpg

SPA50857.jpg

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71002

TOTALLY AGREE!!! What a wate of time & money, get some pets who are self sufficient and think you're wonderful all the time!

If you have to ask on the internet then the answer is a No!

I would also be asking myself would I want to bring a child up in this society or even in this country.

TOTALLY AGREE!!! What a wate of time & money, get some pets who are self sufficient and think you're wonderful all the time!

OMG somebody on my wavelength for a change :D thats exactly what im planning to do - (but cats not dogs :P ) :D

I love it when a plan comes together

OMG somebody on my wavelength for a change :D thats exactly what im planning to do - (but cats not dogs :P ) :D

I love my dogs! My brother-in-law has kids, but I can't see the fascination, they are life sucking and no mistake. I am so lucky my Hubby agrees with me, he says to his parents: "if you want a grandchild... buy one off eBay!" :lol:

I love my dogs! My brother-in-law has kids, but I can't see the fascination, they are life sucking and no mistake. I am so lucky my Hubby agrees with me, he says to his parents: "if you want a grandchild... buy one off eBay!" :lol:

Im quite lucky aswell that rob doesnt want kids either - he's actually quite allergic to them :rolleyes::lol: Ive already got a nephew and my brother wants a full litter of kids so mum and dad wont be short of grandchildren - which is awesome cos it takes the pressure off me :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links