Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav

lancepar

Hello,

For a friend with a Surf I am collecting info that may help getting the in car sat nav working in the UK.

So far we have discovered the unit works but as neither of us understands Japanese, we are stumped :( .

Is it possible to change the written language with software for example?

There is a disc in the box under the passenger seat, but apart from the main title all the writing on that is in Japanese as well.

I have access to a couple of Toyota UK mapping discs, but without knowing what keys to press, can't load them.

Any suggestions or links welcome.

Thanks in advance

Lance B)

I'd be suprised if you get it working for the UK mate.

Yes, just been looking at messages on the sat nav subject on this forum and think you may be right.

Lance B)

There is a function to change the language on the Toyota Sat Nav. Most are European languages but I would be surprised if English isn’t there.

Try this procedure:

Press MENU

Select SETTING from the NAVIGATION MENU and press ENT

Select LANGUAGE from SETTING and press ENT

Select a language and press ENT.

Or disconnect the power cord and reconnect because when starting the navigation for the first time after installation the LANGUAGE screen appears. So you will be able to select English.

:thumbsup:

My mates satnav on his Nissan 350z import shows him driving in the sea!

That's very similar to what the salesman told my mate when he was buying his surf :lol:

There is a function to change the language on the Toyota Sat Nav. Most are European languages but I would be surprised if English isn’t there.

Try this procedure:

Press MENU

Select SETTING from the NAVIGATION MENU and press ENT

Select LANGUAGE from SETTING and press ENT

Select a language and press ENT.

Or disconnect the power cord and reconnect because when starting the navigation for the first time after installation the LANGUAGE screen appears. So you will be able to select English.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for that, but as I said, the present screens are in Japanese, therefore we can't comunicate with it as we don't understand the lingo. Will pass info' on about removing power etc, that might work.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links