Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

David Coulthard

chatman

large.jpg

large.jpg

Coulthard to honour Colin McRae at Fuji

David Coulthard will wear a special helmet for the Japanese Grand Prix at Fuji Speedway this weekend in honour of the late Colin McRae.

Coulthard was a close friend of the former world rally champion, who tragically died in a helicopter crash earlier this month. The black-and-white helmet reflects Colin's signature colours.

"By wearing Colin's helmet colours for the Japanese GP this weekend, I want to underline the enormous respect that motorsport in general and F1 in particular had for Colin as a driver and a person," said Coulthard.

"I will ask the other drivers to sign the helmet and I will give it to the McRae family as a mark of our respect and sincere condolences."

More than 54,000 well-wishers have posted messages of condolence on Colin's website.

The McRae family has organised a service to celebrate the lives of Colin and his son Johnny this Sunday (September 30), when Coulthard will be racing in the Japanese GP.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links