Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tow Poles

Pompey Gaz

After todays hijinx and going through 2 tow ropes, and after what Kev Mc said about poles, i been looking into it. Would it be worth looking at this?

Looks decent and safer than a rope

the first one snapped at the roundabout coming onto the m180, it was rated for 3 tonnes, the second lasted till the roundabou8ts coming in grimsby, then a bit down grimsby road, they are useless!

has anyone used one with a spring or without? they look alot safer lol

IMO...i dont like tow poles...but hey..thats just me...my OH uses a 35ton breaking strain crane strap...no snapping that :D

The problem with that particular tow pole is that the instruction sheet specifies a MAXIMUM speed of 15 M.P.H.

If you are towing long distance that may be a bit limiting

hmm the rigid one by the same company says 15 too and the others say 30, but Hou said he's been at 80 with one lol

Maybe the manufacturers are just covering themselves by keeping the speed down to 15

I would think it would be quite exciting at 80 ;)

i was at 60 with a rope yesterday lol

I just didn't feel safe and didn't like the slack and tightening when braking and accelerating

they are useless!

No offence but it doesn't sound like the rope thats useless!!!!

They are fine if you use them properly!! What were you towing exactly? I have regularly towed haevy mercs/BMW or broken supras with an old 3 tonne one and never had a rope snap.

Its all about keeping the rope tight when you are stationary and being smooth... Roundabouts are the no.1 place for snapping them as people think they can nip out, then remember they have a car on tow, stop then start again, losing the slack and snapping the rope!

I think those bars have more of a scope for damage to the trim etc surrounding a car, as soon as you introduce anything low/high, or account for cars with the tow eyes on different sides. - they also don't work with all cars!

I remember my other half towing me up an uber steap hill, I was in my BMW 6 series, she was in the little MR2... looked odd!

my dad was towing my corolla! he wasn't smooth which was the problem, but the cars at the garage now.

The first one did ok till a roundabout on a hill, but when he pulled off it jerked us forward. but it was the first time I've been towed with a rope and the firt time he had towed someone

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links