Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Fantastic European Night At Parkhead

cfc1

Celtic 2 - A.C Milan 1

A fantastic football night at Celtic park where Celtic beat the current European champions in the Champions League, Celtic went ahead in 61 minutes after corner finds Donati who finds McManus to get it over the line then a dodgy penalty for milan gets them level at 1 - 1. Celtic took the lead 3 minutes from time............

BUT....... during the goal celebrations a complete and utter numty heided :censor: of a fan deceided to run onto the pitch... he ran towards the Milan goalkeeper and tapped on the shoulder/face.. the goalkeeper ran after him but then deceided to fall over after 4 or 5 steps, nothing wrong with him but he would have saw a chance to make more of the incident than it actually was... he ended up being taken off on a streatcher, which in itself is rediculious by what was seen on the TV (but.. who knows.. maybe the idiot had something in his hand) Now.. I'm not making excuses for this :censor: of a fan he shouldn't have done what he done and it could end up with Celtic getting kicked out of the competition or forced to play their home matches behind closed doors etc etc.

Being a Celtic supporter I find the actions of this supporter (term used very loosely) dreadfull, the Celtic supporters have a .. HAD ...a fantastic reputation in European football, our club could take us anywhere without any fear of trouble.. this :censor: idiot has just ruined that reputation in 1 stroke.

So... a fantastic European night at Parkhead where Celtic have beaten the European Champions was spoiled 3 minutes before the final whistle.. right now I should be feeling extatic, but I'm not.. I feel absolutely horrified, gutted and disgusted... why do people do these things??? He (the :censor: idiot) has ruined a good night for every single Celtic supporter the world over.

The idiot was caught and identified by other Celtic supporters and was taken into custody by the police.

I love celtic, made £40 with tonights result on betfair.

Plus they gave derby, Pearson and Miller.

idiots they really are, well done on the win Davey but people like that should be banned from ALL stadia in the UK at least!

Absolutely brilliant result that you should be able to live off for months but now the actions of 1 absolute :censor: could have completely ruined it. I can't believe how anyone could be so stupid, it was bad enough when that person ran onto the pitch at Highbury (iirc) & offered to swap shirts with Alex Nyarko so to try to hit an opposition player is indescribably dumb, especially with the scoreline as it was.

It's a shame because when Dida was hit by a flare by an Inter fan the result was given as a 5-0 win to Milan, Inter got a massive fine & had to play their next 4 european games behind closed doors. I don't think there's a massive amount of difference between the 2 incidences so I fear a similar kind of punishment may be dished out to Celtic.

I haven't actually seen it but it sounds like it's going to cause you to suffer, from what I've heard he made an absolutely massive deal of something very minor but you've got to expect that from modern day football players, playacting happens in 99% of top level games now. It's crap, it shouldn't happen, but it does & you've got to assume that it will, especially if you try to hit him, remember when Rivaldo had that ball kicked at him & it hit him in the leg?

Oh my God, that's pathetic, that's far more embarrassing than I thought it was going to be. He didn't hit him at all, he !Removed! caressed him around the collarbone. Milan have said they wont be appealing which is good because they could have appealed & probably would have got something out of nothing. I can't believe what Dida did there, even in this day & age. He should be banned for that, things like this are killing football. Celtic should get nothing more than a telling off & a token fine for letting a fan onto the pitch, nothing more.

Here is the clip

he caressed his face according to BBC but it doesn't look much, i like how the keeper runs a few yards then falls down

I have heard on the radio today that 88% of Italians want Dido (or diddy as he is now known) dropped.

I agree that Celtic should get a fine but it really should be a minimal amount, Celtic fans have/had a superb reputation which should be taken into consideration... but I fear the punishment won't fit the crime... 1 out of 60,000 managed to get through the security at a time, where during goal celebrations some advertising hoardings in the corner of the pitch fell over due to the crowd rushing forward, the stewards were pre-occupied ensuring that no fans broke the perimeter (which they didn't).

Dida should be made an example of, especially at a time where the powers that be are trying to clamp down on diving etc.. Dida has tried to seek an advantage by feigning injury.. and IF he was injured by that fan.. god only knows what would happen if a 2 yearold child gave him a slap.. could be given a more serious injury.

Celtic deserve a fine.. nothing more nothing less.. just a fine.

Great result , boring !Removed! game though !

Milan were second rate , got a dodgy penalty and Dida made the most of the pat on the face cause he was so embarresed by his woeful attempt at a save .

The guy evaded the marshalls and police and ran onto the pitch. That's illegal !

OK, so he didn't do anything serious to the keeper, but in these days of heightened security with a rampant gun/knife culture he shouldn't have ever got that far !

The guy deserves a lifetime ban from ALL stadia for being such a tool. Celtic ( I believe ) have already banned him from their ground - possibly a pre-emptive strike before Uefa get their 2 cents in.

A guy got arrested at a Boro match once for being asleep !!! He ended up in court and banned from the ground and he was still in his seat !!!

What a result but there is no excuse for what that supporter done!

I'm sure that flare incident changed the outcome of the game as Dida had to be substituted after it happened. It was around the 93rd minute when Dida was replaced at Parkhead.

Davy, I'd take a UEFA Cup place right now! :)

I'm sure that flare incident changed the outcome of the game as Dida had to be substituted after it happened. It was around the 93rd minute when Dida was replaced at Parkhead.

Davy, I'd take UEFA Cup place right now! :)

No he didn't, he chose to come off to make a very minor incident seem like a massive 1, hopefully even the beauts at UEFA will get onto that. As I said I think Celtic should get a token fine & Dida should be punished far more than Celtic

I'm sure that flare incident changed the outcome of the game as Dida had to be substituted after it happened.

Davy, I'd take UEFA Cup place right now! :)

No he didn't, he chose to come off to make a very minor incident seem like a massive 1, hopefully even the beauts at UEFA will get onto that. As I said I think Celtic should get a token fine & Dida should be punished far more than Celtic

I think Ryan is on about the Inter match with that bit... however, I don't know if he was seriously hurt during that incident or not... or was it just a practice run for the silly show at Parkhead?

Yeah, I was speaking about the Inter incident. Davy, I think he had a few minor burns or something! :)

Uefa Verdict on Celtic

Celtic were fined £25,000.. half of which has been defered for 2 years. They pay £12,500 now and if there is a similar breech of security within the next 2 years.. they have to pay the other £12,500.

This was reported as the lowest possible punishment that Celtic could have got... so obviously the reputation of both the club and it's supporters were taken into consideration.

Uefa Verdict on Dida

2 match ban from Uefa competition.

Dida should never have been put in that situation in the first place.

If Celtic had sense they'd take the invader to court and get him to pay the uefa fine. That would certainly deter future 'overzealous supporters'

Dida should never have been put in that situation in the first place.

I fully agree.

Taking the culprit to court probably won't do any good.. what would really be acheived?.. not a hope on god's earth of making him pay the fne, as for some sort of compensation.. what?.. £1 - £10,000 @ £1 per week for the next "X" years.. no point in that whatsover. All Celtic can hope for is that their fans learn from what happened and ensure it doesn't happen again... which I'm sure, given the Celtics fan's reputation (which seems to still be intact given the Uefa verdict), they can be as sure as any club can be.. that it won't... at least for the foreseable future anyway.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links