Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloy Wheel Refurb Ideas

daz364

Hiya guys right have got 2 sets of rev 3 wheels one set with ****** tyres so gonna refurb them to sell after but i dont know weather to do them standard silver or silver with with black inside the spokes and silver fronts if that make sense i think it came on some of the rev 4 just wondered what you guys think?

Thanks daz

Daz,

I'd just go for the plain silver if I were you. It's a universal thing and therefore more likely to find a buyer. If you 'pretty' them up too much with shadowing etc then that might deter some people who might think that it wouldn't look right on their car like that.

Standard Silver will be less of a chew on for you. AND if the new owner wants to shadow/black/other then they can do it themselves.

All that really matters is the wheels being in good nick - the colour will sort itself out by the buyer !

Standard silver please.

Let me know when they're done because I'm looking for a nicely refurbed set. :D

thanks for the replys guys think thats decided it then standard silver well a nice silver prob wont get the standard silver.

Ill keep this topic updated with pics

thanks for the replys guys think thats decided it then standard silver well a nice silver prob wont get the standard silver.

Ill keep this topic updated with pics

Yes please, be interested to see how you get on and what the process is. Do you know anyone who can blast wheels in this area - or do yours not need that?

I have two sets of these wheels, one of which was going to be re-furbed. But most refurb companies want to do them with plastic coating. I've had that done on the Celica wheels and it's OK, but doesn't look as good as original so have decided against that for the MR2 wheels.

But when a company powder coats the wheels they blast them first.

Any company that does a wheel refurb should blast yours for a nominal fee !

But when a company powder coats the wheels they blast them first.

Any company that does a wheel refurb should blast yours for a nominal fee !

The Celica wheels were sent away for finishing.

I'm sure they were blasted as part of the process, but I'm hoping to find somewhere local to blast a set of the MR2 to save on the transport costs.

mine arnt that bad just abit scruffy no scuffts just want rubbing down and doing a nice silver and laquersed so there easier to clean than the cast wheels

Mine have no scuffs either, but some corrosion which I think needs a bit more than just rubbing down unfortunately.

That said, I'll be interested to see how you get on with yours. Pics before, during and after would be fantastic if you don't mind.

dont be painting them with a brush and watered down paint dazzy, i know your tricks! ;)

only joking :P

ha ha mr v aka moyles just al little project the tyres are off not that they where any good bald as a badger ***** lol after my drift action at brunters lol there wiating to be steam cleaned tomorrow if i can get them shot blasted i will aswell the some paint he he cant wait

How much do you want for them as they are now ?

Looking for a cheap set of wheels for the winter ;)

I think Tony T600 is after them depending on the job i do it would be nice to see them restored aswell and on a car keep your eye out on the topic might have another set for you

How much do you want for them as they are now ?

Looking for a cheap set of wheels for the winter ;)

I think Tony T600 is after them depending on the job i do it would be nice to see them restored aswell and on a car keep your eye out on the topic might have another set for you

Cheers ;)

Daniel.

dont be painting them with a brush and watered down paint dazzy, i know your tricks! ;)

only joking :P

ha ha mr v aka moyles just al little project the tyres are off not that they where any good bald as a badger ***** lol after my drift action at brunters lol there wiating to be steam cleaned tomorrow if i can get them shot blasted i will aswell the some paint he he cant wait

nice 1 dazzy w :)

May be.

But depends on price, and I'm only interested in the standard colour; I'm trying to be indervidual by having the only totally standard car in the UK :)

Incidentally, I have one mint - still unused in its Toyota box Mk3 wheel which I picked up on the bay of e for £30. Was hoping to buy 3 more eventually, but no luck with that so far.

And I would also have a spare set of 'winter wheels' if I were to buy a refurbed set from someone.

Or will watch how you get on with this first set Daz and then perhaps get your input to refurb my spare set.

Progress so far had tyres taken off cos they was knackerd so wash the wheels mr2w3.jpg

mr2w2.jpg

coulnd do much had to go out but rubbed it down abit still alot to do

mr2w1.jpg

found a good colour match for them aswell more pics to come

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links