Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mph Show

Norfolk n Chance

MPH

Anybody going to this?

The list of cars looks fantastic!

No Toyota's though!

Was there last year at the NEC one and it was a good crack... Wouldnt go again this year though as will be more of the same cars... give it a couple of years before i go to another one by which point should be some more nice motors to see.

I was there (NEC) last year and it was fantastic. Will almost certainly go again this year.

Take your point about it perhaps having same cars as last year Fizz, but I think there'll be a lot of new stuff already; most of the cars there last year were very new.

And there was also the Classics show at the NEC at same time and that was worth the visit on its own; with that being more of an enthusiasts show I suspect there will be different cars there at least. Lots of nice Jap stuff at the Classics show as well as hundreds of nice non jap cars too.

Never been to it before but I've always liked the idea of going to something like that. Hopefully I'll be in Germany for the 1st few days of it but I'll have a look later because I'm tempted to try & make the Sunday show in Birmingham

• 2 weeks later...

What's the drill with tickets at this? Is it something I can decide on at the last minute or do I need to get tickets bought before they sell out?

What's the drill with tickets at this? Is it something I can decide on at the last minute or do I need to get tickets bought before they sell out?

I managed to get tickets just by turning up on the day last year, but I guess there's no guarantee. I knew I'd get into the Classic show so was worth the trip on the off chance of also getting into the show. That said, I turned up early in the day and got tickets for a show much later on.

I've decided I'm going to the Friday show at the NEC.

Is the show thing for this any good as well?

Yes, I'd say it's effectively a Top Gear Live, but presumably not called that for licensing reasons.

So for example last year they had some races between powered shopping trollies that they'd supposedly made, showed some very nice cars, and had a laugh about a lot of stuff; mostly about Hammond because Tiff was standing in for him as it wasn't long after the Hampster's accident.

Is the show thing for this any good as well?

Yes, I'd say it's effectively a Top Gear Live, but presumably not called that for licensing reasons.

So for example last year they had some races between powered shopping trollies that they'd supposedly made, showed some very nice cars, and had a laugh about a lot of stuff; mostly about Hammond because Tiff was standing in for him as it wasn't long after the Hampster's accident.

It all sounds quite good then. Well worth the money!

:yahoo: hi

sorry bit late on this post, but only discovered today theres a world of toc stuff outside the Aygo forum..lol bit slow me

Anyway I am off to MPH07 and I Cannot wait my heart started to race just at the title of this thread..lol I went last year and had a great time even tho hamster wasnt there and was with someone who couldnt be the least bit interested in cars so this year is going to be fab - did notice last year there was no toyota dunno why

I booked my tickets online the other day got buy 2 get 3rd free on the gold wooohoo bargain, but i couldnt have the 2pm show i wanted so had to get 5pm one so i would advise to get tickets just for stuff like that...also this year i am going on the discovery landrover thingy track and with the gold tickets am gonna get hamsters autograph whether it kills me (or i have to kill someone to get out of my way..lol) got a picture of James Mays head last year that was it..

show is fantastic - supercars fantistic notes are amplified very loudly - DH found me drooling near the stage just listening to revs of the astin martin lol :jawdrop::drool:

anyway have fun whoever is going and wave if you see me hehe :yahoo:

SJ xx

• 2 weeks later...

Well, had a fantastic time at the MPH show yesterday. If anyone else is in two minds whether to go, I can highly recommend it.

Much automotive !Removed! in both the MPH Exhibition itself, and the Classic show.

This one will do me nicely thanks:-

Lambo.jpg

or any of the Supras and MR2s in the Classics show.

And the MPH live show was even better than ever; the Top Gear team were on great form, Suzuki Swift football was entertaining, and there was lots of exciting action, especially from the mentalist French motorcycle stunt team.

As above ^^^^^, was brilliant!!!!! You would of never dreamt getting 4 motorbikes in a cage that size let alone making them ride around in it as well! The 1500m was proper entertaining as well, especially when they were fireing the tennis balls at each other!!

Highly recommended day out and will hopefully be going along next year as well!!

ooooh you got me even more excitied now...cant wait, i wish they would play football with the aygos tho

No, they can stick to the Swifts for me; Aygos are too good for Hammond and May to smash up another load of them.

On the show I saw (3:00 Friday) they seemed to be going for it, and there were more than a few minor smashes.

true dont want to waste good aygos..lol

well hopefully am actually going to the very last show so they will hopefully writing the swifts off towing em out by the end lol

true dont want to waste good aygos..lol

well hopefully am actually going to the very last show so they will hopefully writing the swifts off towing em out by the end lol

The footy was a little bit light weight tbh. Nothing like it was when it was on Top Gear with the Aygo and the VW Fox!!

Suppose they've got to keep em for a few more shows though! Would love to see the very last show when the don't care whether they get smashed to pieces or not!!

Would love to see the very last show when the don't care whether they get smashed to pieces or not!!

They will be repaired and sold on as "One owner" vehicles.......................just like the Aygos were ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links