Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Legalised Extorsion

dave.m

Anyone ever get one of these, for parking in an unused taxi rank in a free Sainsbury's car park for 20 mins ? :censor: rip off !!!!!

ripoff.jpg

Yesterday the Mrs got a ticket for £ 30.00 for being in a shopping centre car park for 122 mins, 2 mins over the limit.

She would not have minded if the place had not of been half empty.

Try to call the 0845 number to complain only to be greeted with an answer phone message telling you how to pay, no one there to assist - More money wasted.

It's all corrupt

Asda are trialing the same sort of scheme, if you park out of bay, or in a mother and child bay and you have no child, they are imposing a £60, yes SIXTY pound fine. I think it is being trialed in the North West only

More details here

Kingo :thumbsup:

I see that they have ticked the "Obstructive Parking" box.

Is this correct? If you parked in the taxi rank should they not have ticked the "parked in Taxi bay" box.

If the ticket is incorrectly issued then it just might be null & void.

Obstructive parking?....................did you impede, retard,hinder or interfere with anyones parking space?

BTW............If you decide to pay online they sometimes make another "Admin" charge of about £2-00 :angry:

Our local Asda has had this for a few years. So I need to pay the £60 in 14 days or it goes up tp £85. I have parked in same place for years, what

makes it worse is that while at the checkouts the supervisor was going about asking the staff who owns the silver Vauxhall reg no ..............

when I got back to my car it was parked in front of me with no ticket ( a member of staffs car). The car park was only half full allways is, but the

spaces are so narrow they are suitable only for MINI's. When I have used the spaces I had my car damaged 3 times.

Is this correct? If you parked in the taxi rank should they not have ticked the "parked in Taxi bay" box.

Obstructive parking?....................did you impede, !Removed!,hinder or interfere with anyones parking space?

That is a very good point, they would have to provide some sort of proof if challenged,dont they usually take a photo? It looks like a private ticketing company. Challenge it and say there wrong, see where it goes I doubt they can increase the fine if not paid within a certain timeframe, it has to be worth a go!

I once parked the motorbike in a corner of a carpark in York, bought a carpark ticket and went off for a look around. I got one of those tickets for parking out of bay (it was a corner of the carpark that wouldnt fit a car, so thought it a good spot for the bike) got back, some scroat had nicked the parking fee ticket, I got a ticket for parking out of bay and no fee paid. On further investigation, motorbikes were FREE anyway! So I wrote in and it got scrapped.

Obstructive parking?....................did you impede, retard,hinder or interfere with anyones parking space?

BTW............If you decide to pay online they sometimes make another "Admin" charge of about £2-00 :angry:

I was definitely parked in the taxi rank obstructing no one. Wish I had taken a photo at time, but was too busy

for the guy who gave me the ticket (to no avail).

I was definitely parked in the taxi rank obstructing no one. Wish I had taken a photo at time, but was too busy

for the guy who gave me the ticket (to no avail).

Reading through Kingos post and the link to Manchester Evening News story and the readers comments.........It would appear that the "Ticket" you received is NOT a fine but an invoice which according to some readers you do not have to pay as apparently it is "unenforceable" and only issued under contract law.

It may bear further investigation :thumbsup:

Here's back of ticket-

ripoff-1.jpg

Just my 2 pence but personally I feel if the car park was half empty why then go park in the taxi space?

They are there for taxis therefore you should have parked in a normal space. If you are worried about getting damaged due to the small spaces park in a space not near anyone seeing as the car park, again, was half empty!

That looks like a lot of waffle made to look official with the words "Central Ticketing office" used. To me "Central Ticketing" looks like a private company empowered by Sainsburys to look after parking issues. I would be getting further advice before paying it, maybe a call to the manager of the Sainsburys store? he might have the authority to get them scrapped. There are rules in force in England as to what these private companies can and cant do, I don't know what the Scottish situation is but I would be finding out before paying!

EDIT:

Have you read the bit in the Police section "It is important that......the Police officer does not discourage payment" That's probably there to frighten you into not going to the Police, lol

You shouldnt have parked there but whats done is done. I would still challenge it

Just don't pay it..... its a private company, not a council, what are they going to do? Sue for such a small amount?

Just bin it!

I thought all land owned/leased by these stores is Private land and not governed by normal traffic wardens from the government. They are using a unscupulous private company, In thus case this is not an enforceable ticket and they can run and jump for it (figure of speech) As you say you parked in the Taxi rank and the ticket says "Obstructive Parking" box then it is void as the incorrect location and details have been filled in.

I would call the store manager to challenge the ticket and it's authenticity.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links