Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xenon Lights

geovol

• 1 month later...

hi there firstly you would need to see which bulbs your car takes, sorry i do not have a clue which ones they are so could you firstly check that..secondly i recommend eBay beacuse they are very very cheap indeed i purchased mine for 48 quid including postage and postal insurance seen as they were imported from china/hong kong..finally the temperature u should go for is 6000k this is crystal white with a very slight tint of blue..gettin these at a higher temp may result in you getting stopped by the police as they would look more blue and might be seen as illegal.

thanks

hi there firstly you would need to see which bulbs your car takes, sorry i do not have a clue which ones they are so could you firstly check that..secondly i recommend ebay beacuse they are very very cheap indeed i purchased mine for 48 quid including postage and postal insurance seen as they were imported from china/hong kong..finally the temperature u should go for is 6000k this is crystal white with a very slight tint of blue..gettin these at a higher temp may result in you getting stopped by the police as they would look more blue and might be seen as illegal.

thanks

Can you just replace existing Halogen bulbs, with a xenon? Are there not wiring considerations? I know that with the Ford Focus the wiring was totally different to accomodate the change from Halogen to xenon.

Also to go along the xenon route, don't to need to ensure you have auto headlight leveling, and washers to comply with the law?

I've got a 6000k HID Conversion kit from www.hids4u.co.uk installed on my Corolla T-Sport which is a simply DIY fitment. Kit consists of two ballasts. 2 pre-wired xenon bulbs and wiring from these to the ballasts. If you can change a light bulb then you'll be able to install one of these kits.

For an Auris I believe the headlight (Dipped Beam) to be a H1 fitting so you need a H1 kit as opposed to the corolla's H7 kit.

Once installed the lights are amazing. Much better than the conventional halogen lighting.

My car has passed the MOT and I've never been stopped by the Police. You will however need to ensure that the lights are aimed correctly after fitting the xenon ktis to ensure that they do not dazzle oncoming traffic. This can be done at a MOT testing station.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a H11 6000k kit installed on my Auris 2.0 D-4D. The change is perfect. :thumbsup:

it isnt that easy but for a beginner like me self i did it in bout 30 mins the main part is getting the xenon bulb in and behing the cap for the light drilling a hole for the wires to connect into the ballast..jus a word of warning keep ya ballasts away from a hot area e.g. the engine may affect xenon may automatically go off and secondly dont touch the xenon belive it or not my m8 did it and the colour...well i changed lolll

wish u luck

hi ed gotta say love your car beautiful colour..mines silver although would have preferred black..i purchased flat retro wipers from hids4u really good price and trustworthy..how much did you pay for your xenons i also have H7 6000k brilliant and very bright..

it isnt that easy but for a beginner like me self i did it in bout 30 mins the main part is getting the xenon bulb in and behing the cap for the light drilling a hole for the wires to connect into the ballast..jus a word of warning keep ya ballasts away from a hot area e.g. the engine may affect xenon may automatically go off and secondly dont touch the xenon belive it or not my m8 did it and the colour...well i changed lolll

wish u luck

No need to drill anything on Auris head lamp. Just rotate halogen bulb to take out, and then screw on xenon bulb. bulbs comes outside of head lamp direct, there is no lamp cover to drill.

Then put wires for halogen bulb to ballast, and new wires from ballast to xenon bulb. Easy like that. :thumbsup:

Sorry on my bad English.

This is H11:

h11xenonzo1.th.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links