Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mini Cooper S

Jimlad

The Mrs has decided she wants one.

Won't be a spanker new one. Probably a couple of years old or so (they're bluddy expensive!!)

Anyone got one? Can you simply change the supercharger pulley and get some extra horses?? Are they like mad wee go karts?? :)

Residual value is very good. :thumbsup:

Know a few of people who have or have had Cooper's, Cooper S's and even one with a Works kit on his Cooper S so give it loads of extra shove and they all say one thing:

THRISTY

For a small car they like the jungle juice!

Andy Knowlson has one....

Know a few of people who have or have had Cooper's, Cooper S's and even one with a Works kit on his Cooper S so give it loads of extra shove and they all say one thing:

THRISTY

And..............If I remember correctly. They cost the same as a RAV4 road tax :eek::eek::eek:

Kingo :thumbsup:

THRISTY

And..............If I remember correctly. They cost the same as a RAV4 road tax :eek::eek::eek:

Kingo :thumbsup:

If I remember correctly, the lad with the Works kit on his Cooper S was only getting 21mpg!

Poor fuel economy and general roughness was one of the reason's BMW ditched that engine for their latest Mk 2 Mini.

• 1 month later...

I have drove every type of BMW mini (One, Cooper, Cooper S, John Cooper Work, Mini GP, The new shape minis eg Cooper S Turbo and the new mini estates) and personally if I was going to get one, It would have to be at least a Cooper S but considering the price of them I think I would pass. Funny thing is, for the price of a New Cooper S you can get an excellent condition used M3!! Oh yea, I work at BMW.

If I had the money I would have one to mess around in. You can throw them into corners and they stick to the road like glue!! Plus they are quite fast. I forgot what year it was but at a certain year they put a different exhaust system on them which made some very nice pops. Plus the supercharger sounds quite nice :). If you have the money, go with the new shape Cooper S turbo as its faster :)

Go for a good test drive in them and check them over well. Some used minis I have drove are completely crap (stiff steering, interior trims falling off eg handbrake handle). Try and get a one with colour coded Wheel arches + Skirts as well as the standard plastics fade fast.

I have drove every type of BMW mini (One, Cooper, Cooper S, John Cooper Work, Mini GP, The new shape minis eg Cooper S Turbo and the new mini estates) and personally if I was going to get one, It would have to be at least a Cooper S but considering the price of them I think I would pass. Funny thing is, for the price of a New Cooper S you can get an excellent condition used M3!! Oh yea, I work at BMW.

If I had the money I would have one to mess around in. You can throw them into corners and they stick to the road like glue!! Plus they are quite fast. I forgot what year it was but at a certain year they put a different exhaust system on them which made some very nice pops. Plus the supercharger sounds quite nice :). If you have the money, go with the new shape Cooper S turbo as its faster :)

Go for a good test drive in them and check them over well. Some used minis I have drove are completely crap (stiff steering, interior trims falling off eg handbrake handle). Try and get a one with colour coded Wheel arches + Skirts as well as the standard plastics fade fast.

Crap car, we've got a Cooper in the family, its like an updated flashback to the 1950's. Very reminicent of the original, if you go for whimsy. Personally, i think they wasted their time, they've managed to produce a heavy, impact zoned, airbag stuffed monster of a modern car, whilst still retaining that wheel at every corner, hydro-elasticness that was the original mini.

If there had been no more new designers since Isigonis, then the car deserves credit. For being well updated, and of course. The supercharger is a great redeeming feature.

The important thing here is keeping the missus sweet. If she likes it. Get one, the BMW mini is well made. So youve got no-worries. Try it. You can always trade it in!

Defo get that supercharged one, its the mini's redemption. :eek:

from what i've heard though that if you do ANYTHING to it, like tint the windows or add after market stuff it voids any warrenty BMW put on it, I dunno how true that is though, or it might have been me being told porkies but I'd ask about

My mates got one, loves it to bits.

But then he did have a Megane before it so there's not really too much to compare it with!!

Interestingly i though for a small car they would be quicker, Cooper S and my CTS are quite evenly matched!!

;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links