Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Well Thats F1 Over For Another Year.

Uncle Bob

Well the last race of the season has been run and we have a new world champion and a worthy champion at that.

my personal thoughts on the outcome....

Hamilton had it all going his way but made a mistake at the last race and another mistake today, they cost him the world title, i feel he will come back stronger next year ,it would have been all to easy to win this year in his rookie year but next year he will be a little older and a little wiser, this year has been a learning curve for him, he never expected to do so well at the start of the season and finishing joint second is no bad thing.

I'm glade Alonso never won as he's behavior this year toward his own team as been a disgrace.

As for the new world champion Kimi Raikkonen i delighted for him to have won, lets face it, its a long time over due and what gives me some satisfaction is that there is life in the Ferrari team after Micheal schumacher, many people said they would loose their winning streak once he left , that has clearly not been the case.

So well done to Kimi and better luck next year Lewis ( you done well for your first year ) :) .

Couldn't have put it better myself Bob :thumbsup:

Kimi won the most races (6) during the season, so IMHO deserves to be Champion.

I think its easy to forget Kimi, who's had a really good season, especially as Britain has gone Lewis-mad!

Lewis Hamilton's had a great year, the rookie could have done it, but it wasnt his time - well done to Kimi Raikkonen - a worthy F1 Champion! :thumbsup:

Rounded off a crap weekend of sport for me, 1st we get robbed in the derby, then England lose the rugby & then finally this. I was so excited about this weekend for ages & all 3 things went the wrong way, only needs O'Sullivan to get beat now to finish it off. I'm so glad Alonso didn't win though, the *****

Lol Kev watched the game... Gerrard is a diver no no way a pen . BUT cPT Phil uber save had me laughing my socks off. Glad you gave JAGS a run out hes a decent player big style. should have been a draw or Everton win IMO

At least Hamilton can now say he has served something of a F1 apprenticeship, I reckon it can only make him a stronger person :)

Lol Kev watched the game... Gerrard is a diver no no way a pen . BUT cPT Phil uber save had me laughing my socks off. Glad you gave JAGS a run out hes a decent player big style. should have been a draw or Everton win IMO

We deserved to win & once again were absolutely had by an incompetent :censor: of a referee. Gerrard is the biggest diver in the Premiership but because he's English & throws himself into the odd tackle people completely ignore it, he dives more than Drogba & Ronaldo put together yet they get hounded whenever they hit the ground & not a word is ever said about him, it's crap. Jagielka seems to do a better job when comes off the bench because he never stops running but when he starts in midfield he often seems a bit unsure of his position, I'm glad he'll get a run out at right back against Derby though because I think that could well be his best position.

But anyway, vroom vroom

But anyway, vroom vroom

Yes....................Please do try to keep this on topic :rolleyes:

There is a seperate area for football posts ;)

It's called the 6 yard box ;) In fact, there's one at each end of the pitch.

Gets coat

It's called the 6 yard box ;) In fact, there's one at each end of the pitch.

Gets coat

There is always one :bangin::chair::giljotiini::laughing:

Sorry :oops: Couldn't resist that one.

Back on topic:-

I completely agree with what Bob said. I would have liked to see Lewis win, but have to agree that Kimi's a very worthy champion.

Hamilton, and McLaren have made mistakes in the last few races, and hopefully they'll learn. Lewis has an excuse, but I can't think why he didn't get better advice from the pits in the previous race. Obviously things happened so quickly in Brazil that there wasn't much more the team could have done about it.

Does anyone here subscribe to the conspiracy theories that are doing the rounds; i.e. that McLaren were ordered to throw the championship by 'the management' or else be kicked out of next year's competition. It all sounds a bit far fetched to me, and surely would be fraud if there were any truth in it. A lot of money is bet on F1 and if it were fixed then that would scandalous. Personally I give no credence to them, but two races ago it was hard to see Lewis losing the championship.

But anyway, vroom vroom

Ok, calm down

But anyway, vroom vroom

Ok, calm down

See the ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :lol::lol:

Rounded off a crap weekend of sport for me, 1st we get robbed in the derby, then England lose the rugby & then finally this. I was so excited about this weekend for ages & all 3 things went the wrong way, only needs O'Sullivan to get beat now to finish it off. I'm so glad Alonso didn't win though, the *****

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ffs: :blowup:

"Well Thats F1 Over For Another Year."

Or maybe it isn't? Raikkonen title hangs in balance

Much as I'd have liked Lewis to be champion, I think it'll be bad if anything comes of this.

It's no way for Kimi to lose the championship, and no way for Lewis to win it.

"Well Thats F1 Over For Another Year."

Or maybe it isn't? Raikkonen title hangs in balance

Much as I'd have liked Lewis to be champion, I think it'll be bad if anything comes of this.

It's no way for Kimi to lose the championship, and no way for Lewis to win it.

Yeah, that's what I think too. I'm certain he'll win many championships but I don't think he should get this 1, if he were to win this 1 it wouldn't feel like a win, it'd be like when Inter Milan were given a couple of titles due to Juventus' match fixing. I think Raikkonen will get far more enjoyment out of it than Hamilton would do in the circumstances so I think they should just leave it as it is

A little more detail here:

BBC Sport

It mentions farce in this report and this has all the classic trademarks of a top notch FIA farce, where no one will know who is the World Champion for weeks! :no:

Has much as I like Lewis and admire all he has achieved, Kimi won the most races and deserves to be Champion!

TBH it wouldn't surprise me if there was some kind of orders from the FIA. it is odd that lewis can drive in the rain etc but the two races where he has a chance of claiming the title he has problems!

IMO Ferrari have some kind of hold over Bernie and the FIA and seem to get things to go their way. lets face it without McLaren losing all their constructors points Ferrari wouldn't have won the title. its also worth noting that when Ferrari have been accused of cheating (think back to the barge board incident a few years back) nothing happens even with an appeal. Ferrari accuse McLaren, nothing, appeal and its oh ok we were wrong.

god id love to punch john todt in the face.

***calms down****

but yeah glad alonso didnt win, hell fit right in at Ferrari if the rumours are true

Was a really good race, Was really unlucky for Lewis Hamilton...The speech made by his dad at the end was the best speech i think i have heard. Lewis had a bit of bad luck but like his dad said, Its not the last you'll see of him!!

Good luck for next year i say!! :)

I think considering the mistake at the beginning... Hamilton could have pulled it back.. but then the engine/gearbox trouble... that was it..

Good race tho and good to see Kimi at the top (deffo rather him than Alonso!)

:thumbsup:

I'm reliably informed that the FIA has a large percentage of Ferrari enthusiasts on its team .....say no more :rolleyes:

And now the conspiracies start...looks like Sauber and BMW have been naughty boy's... If they are disqualified there places, Hamilton has enough points to then become World Champion....

I think McLaren only have a paper thin chance of winning any appeal. Like Bob say's the FIA love Ferrari.

Mclaren appeal

Alonso

Bernie is a two faced weasel Wan***.....Never did like him, and after his remarks on Sunday, still don't.... :angry: :angry: :angry:

FIA in bed with Ferrari....."NEVER" :unsure: :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links