Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n Filters - Free Kit

Scott@K&N

HI........I'm a R&D engineer for K&N Filters & currently we are looking for the ‘new’ Auris 1.6i models to development a new performance air filter system.

In exchange for donating a vehicle the customer will receive the product free of charge, we can also supply a free courtesy car. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us…..

Kind regards,

Scott Mallin

Research & Development Engineer

K&N Filters Europe Ltd

scottm@knfilters.com

01925 625313

i would love to give you my car and get a free filter since there isnt a induction kit out for the auris but 2 things

1: i have a 1.4 auris :(

2: I dont live anywhere near N wales

but i really want to know if K&N will be creating an induction kit for the auris? it has the same engine as the corolla 1.4 so i dont see why not.

thanks

i would love to give you my car and get a free filter since there isnt a induction kit out for the auris but 2 things

but i really want to know if K&N will be creating an induction kit for the auris? it has the same engine as the corolla 1.4 so i dont see why not.

thanks

I would loveto help as i used to live near the main unit in Warrington and still drop by near there quite often but we have the 1.4 D4D engine.

If tis any use to you please PM me and im sure i can sort out dropping it over for a day or two as i think most of the filters on the auris's are the same?

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately we've already developed the kit for the Auris 1.4i model, 57-0674, hopefully it will be released shortly.......we're hoping this kit will fit straight onto the 1.6i. So anyone out there with a 1.6i there's a free kit waiting.....we're based in Warrington, Cheshire.

thanks

I would loveto help as i used to live near the main unit in Warrington and still drop by near there quite often but we have the 1.4 D4D engine.

If tis any use to you please PM me and im sure i can sort out dropping it over for a day or two as i think most of the filters on the auris's are the same?

Unfortunately the D4D isn't on the development list at the moment, however keep in touch as this could change in the near future!

Thanks

kingpleb have you been on the TRC-tuning.com? they have the diesel filter, is there any different in diesel filters and petrol ones? because on the pic it looks like its just the filter not he whole kit, it looks like it would fit any auris but im not sure.

I think K&N are meaning they are trying to make a Cone Air Filter kit which can vary a little bit from the different engines due to the layouts of the engine bay JP-Auris but ill have a look when i get some time.

I scraped our Auris when a white van man decided to drive into me while driving it so i'm gonna have to pay to get it sorted first off :(

Scott

I have a 1.6 but live in Ipswich, so probably too far away!

Perhaps you can tell me and other prospective interested persons, the advantages (and disavantages) of having one of your filter kits - effect on mpg, speed/power increase, insurance etc

Scott

I have a 1.6 but live in Ipswich, so probably too far away!

Perhaps you can tell me and other prospective interested persons, the advantages (and disavantages) of having one of your filter kits - effect on mpg, speed/power increase, insurance etc

We can supply you a free loan car including insurance, we'll make sure your car's fuelled up etc......

The advantages include improvements cosmetically to the intake, the induction noise is enhanced, million mile warranty for the filter element, increases in bhp & torque (normally 3-5%), improvements in drivability etc (over taking etc), in some cases if driven in the same manner will show improvements in fuel consumption.

Disadvantages include: some instances insurance premiums may increase slightly as its classed as a modification to original spec, If thrashing the engine all the time then the in some instances the fuel consumption may increase slightly.

Tried to be as honest as possible......

hey scott

do you think the corolla 1.4 filter would fit on the auris 1.4? they are the same engine but i havent actaully seen the filter so i duno what it looks like and how it would fit.

what do you think?

thanks

hey scott

do you think the corolla 1.4 filter would fit on the auris 1.4? they are the same engine but i havent actaully seen the filter so i duno what it looks like and how it would fit.

what do you think?

thanks

Hi........there's a induction kit coming out shortly for the Auris 1.4i - part number 57-0674. Also we already have a replacement element available for the standard airbox (basically replaces the original air filter) part number 33-2360 fits both 1.4i & 1.6i Auris, MSRP £32.25+vat. I recommend Demon Tweeks, ring & ask for Nick Smith & give my name as a contact, he's a good lad & will look after you!!! The corolla filter won't fit.

• 5 months later...

Hello Scott!

I would like to ask about the filter made for 1.4 model. Is it possible to install it on the 1.6 model, and if not, what are the differences between those two engines which make it impossible?

Would love to give you my car, but live in Finalnd, way too far :(

I would guess the 1.4 D-4D will not benefit at from more air even chipped. It may even have a negative effect on performance.

Anything for the T180?

I'm looking to chip and put on twin exhausts and induction kit maybe a good addition

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links