Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Internal Amplifier

pauls n/a MR2 GTI

hi, i need to remove the internal amp and would like to fit my nice shiney new 300w 4 channel amp.

any one know what size Speakers are in the car and what is the biggest it will accomodate without any alterations please.

ill post photos when its done, also fitted is a 7" dvd screen player.

What Speakers are you talking about.. there are loads in the cockpit of the two!

I by passed my amp and factory sub and fitted one behind the passengers seat. It is loud!

have you and photos available of your install? i need ideas for this, im a very mechanical person and not very inventive, was described once as being closter to autistic than artistic

Dont have any pics at the min but its a combined amp sub combo behind the passenger seat. I took a speaker feed from the active factory sub and wired my power from the Battery onto a switch down the side.

Pull the amp to bits and you will see the wires you need.

Junk the whole standard setup and put a new sub loom in,

it's the easiest way and what i'm doing, well sort of done, it's in progress again!!,

just changing a few things but i am modifying door cards, only slighty and on the inside to fit 16.5cm mid bass units, and a slight un--noticable mod to std tweeter covers to fit 52mm (i think) tweeters,

pics to follow when i'm finished.

Mr X

Do it properly if your gonna do it (the sub that is).

Run the wire from the Battery to an amp. Then run a remote wire from the stereo to the amp so you don't need to fiddle with a switch.

You can buy custom sub boxes that sit behind the seats in a mr2. Then strap an amp back there and you're sorted!!

It's probably the only thing I didn't take pics of when I had my mr2.

Behind the passenger seat in the 'hairy box'.

Your mr2 must unique then! On every ones elses there is a sub (if fitted) there, the amp sits behind the plastic panel on the n/s. love it when peeps go on about things when they don't have a clue what they are going on about..

Have a read of this Paul it's from the u.s. but it will give you a good idea

http://stephenmason.com/cars/mr2audio.html#stock

This is a good read too

http://www.lovehorsepower.com/ToyotaPDFs/toyota_pdfs.htm

THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS AFTER!

SWEET, THANKS SMD.

CHEERS LADS ILL POST THE PICS OF MY INSTALL WHEN I FIND TIME AWAY FROM THE WEDDING PLANNER. Paul

Your mr2 must unique then! On every ones elses there is a sub (if fitted) there, the amp sits behind the plastic panel on the n/s. love it when peeps go on about things when they don't have a clue what they are going on about..

It must be then because it is defo in there.

Toyota NEVER put any AMPS under the n/s or o/s cubby boxs THEY all was/are fitted into the left hand side of the car behind the seat belt. The only things Toyota fitted into the floor behind the seats are 1 or 2 sub's with them inplace there is not enough space to fit any amps.

Like I said...love it when peeps go on about things when they don't have a clue what they are going on about

Toyota NEVER put any AMPS under the n/s or o/s cubby boxs THEY all was/are fitted into the left hand side of the car behind the seat belt. The only things Toyota fitted into the floor behind the seats are 1 or 2 sub's with them inplace there is not enough space to fit any amps.

Like I said...love it when peeps go on about things when they don't have a clue what they are going on about

Calm down :blink:

Jappy was only stating what he has on his car and trying to help other owners..................That is what the forum is for.

There was no need for you to become critical of him................he was genuinely offering what he thought was help.

Jappy was only stating what he has on his car and trying to help other owners..................That is what the forum is for.

There was no need for you to become critical of him................he was genuinely offering what he thought was help.

I am calm, but how as he done this to his amp when it's nowhere near the place he said it was?so how do you make it out this is helping Paul n/a by telling him something which is way out?

From the way this looks Andy knows not alot about mr2's, so with respect he should keep his useless & misleading thoughts to himself, This way HE is being helpful

I am calm, but how as he done this to his amp when it's nowhere near the place he said it was?so how do you make it out this is helping Paul n/a by telling him something which is way out?

From the way this looks Andy knows not alot about mr2's, so with respect he should keep his useless & misleading thoughts to himself, This way HE is being helpful

EXTRACT FROM TOC FORUM TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

"In light of our policy of encouraging candid, open exchanges of views and the rapid distribution of information originating from many sources, Toyota Owners Club cannot determine the accuracy of information that may be uploaded to the Forum.

Opinions, advice and all other information expressed by participants in discussions are those of the author. You rely on such information at your own risk. Participants are urged to seek professional advice for specific, individual situations and not rely solely on advice or opinions given in the discussions. "

Like I said...............He was genuinely offering what he thought was help......................He has owned his MR2 for some years and has been VERY helpful to several TOC members in the past.

Now who needs to Calm down ?

He may have been as you put it "VERY helpful to several TOC members in the past"

But that still doe's not help anyone who taking his word and sets about spending time looking for something that is not where he says it is, also owning a mr2 for some years as not helped him in this case as it?

As I see it telling new members miss information, is just showing himself up & not helping anyone who knows what we are going on about to help peeps, as you say the aim of forums like this is to get help when needed, not to get aload of crap from peeps who don't have a clue what thay are going on about, Do you not agree?

You are entitled to your opinion..............that is what a forum is for :thumbsup:

Did you read my post?

"In light of our policy of encouraging candid, open exchanges of views and the rapid distribution of information originating from many sources, Toyota Owners Club cannot determine the accuracy of information that may be uploaded to the Forum.

Opinions, advice and all other information expressed by participants in discussions are those of the author. You rely on such information at your own risk. Participants are urged to seek professional advice for specific, individual situations and not rely solely on advice or opinions given in the discussions. "

"he was genuinely offering what he thought was help".

I am soooo calm and laid back that I am almost horizontal ;)

You are entitled to your opinion..............that is what a forum is for :thumbsup:

Did you read my post?

"he was genuinely offering what he thought was help".

I am soooo calm and laid back that I am almost horizontal ;)

Yes I read the terms & conditions a long time ago thanks for asking.

And this is just going round in circles, as for policy of encouraging candid, open exchanges of views and the rapid distribution of information alot of posts on here over the years have gone missing though this and alot on members banned for bringing this to light.

As you say I am entitled to my opinion as are you, and my opinion is if you don't know what you are talking about then DON'T.

"he was genuinely offering what he thought was help". ..............................................Enough said :)

LOL as I said all the wires I needed to get my aftermarket sub and amp working were taken from the hairy box behind the passenger seat. I really am not making it up!

I'll go outside and take pictures if I could be bothered to take it to bits.

to smd,--- thank you for the link as before it was helpful... but here's the thing....and i am NOT LYING. there was an electrical circuit the exact same as the amp you described bhind the passenger seat, but there was also one in the sub box behind the seat too.

i took both out, i examined them and there were differences but both very similar. i asked a friend who has been installing ice for about 10 years (i asked him previous where the amps were in the car and he said he wasn't familiar so i asked you guys) anyway he says they are both amps, but of different types.... i stopped listening at that point.

i have restored 5 classic porsches, all from the ground up. i know the 924 and 944 inside out, its my bread and butter car, and I could honestly tell you that they do differ, a lot. simple things are located in different places on different cars because as the prodution develops they try and make it easier, more effective and with what parts they have, electrial, switching, fuses, relays, even spark plug head changes for the type of lead they take "as standard" differs due supply availability and cost.

so, i conclude. you were both right, smd you were the most helpful with that link, im using it as the plan for my amp install, but jappy- you were correct, i found it. took a bit of pulling apart but i did so thank you.

i can appreciate anger due to wild goose chases but i do believe every one made their suggestions with the best intentions at heart, and i thank you all, personally if i was called a "PEEP" i would be really ******.

SMD - There is no need to be rude about people getting things wrong. im a professional pilot for a national airline on a substantial modern jetliner, and i am a very clever guy. but i get things wrong sometimes too, and i appreciate it when i do that my collegues set me right in a professional, mannerly form.

when i was instructing at the local flying club men in thier 40's and beyond who were flying 20 years on light aircraft were doing things wrong or differently than the way i would have done it, and with the level of training i have recieved and the experience i have, i know 100% i was right. it was only when they were sat down and asked about why they did it that way.... have you ever thought of why "this" may be a better way.. and even simple things like saying ok, i can see your point but "personally" i would choose to....

those guys were all excellent in their chosen field, doctors, engineers, a teacher and many business men. all were wealthy to a point i will never see, and spend thier weekends flying for fun in toys that cost much more than houses do with a running bill that makes ferrari's look like bargains. they were all good at what they did, and if i ever corrected them, i felt proud in the knowledge i NEVER belittled them or tried in any way to take part in a ***** waving contest.

so thanks again guys, and please please stop the aggro.

im sorry if i ****** anyone off with this but i do feel it needed to be said, all comments are welcome.

Paul Quinn

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links