Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Job Options

Pompey Gaz

After loosing my job today i have a personal license to sell alcohol now so what i was thinking was could i set up a website for mail order beers? lol buy it whole sale, add a few quid on and sell it locally? maybe get a few other people in on it? lol what do people think?

What you need to do is invent something that no one has and everybody needs and sell it for a vastly inflated price.

Easy

:jester:

Doubt you would be able to compete with the likes of tesco asda etc youth.

Do matched betting, fairly easy to make 500ish and no tax to pay - see here

Crap idea, when I buy booze I want it as soon as you've got the cash, sod waiting for days/weeks/whatever for it to be delivered

i applied for a trainee assistant managers job today

Fingers crossed for you

cheers dude :)

am just checking the job websites everyday but when the main industry is fish, which is dieing and i wouldn't ever go back there anyways there are limited options lol

If you have a license to sell alcohol surely you know the limits of the licence?

A company in Oxford set up selling and delivering alcohol at all times of night when people wanted it.... ie within an hour of ordering.

This worked quite well with the rich nobs at the universities spending Daddy's money but I'm not sure it would work in Cleethorpes.

Do yourself a favour and get a trade.

lol I have a trade but its suffering Job cuts at the min and everyone is downsizing rather than growing

I am a TV news cameraman/editor

Crap idea, when I buy booze I want it as soon as you've got the cash, sod waiting for days/weeks/whatever for it to be delivered

I dont mean by post.. I mean a bloke driving about delivering like when you order a pizza.

theres one of them in nottingham. Is a good idea, lol bet you could charge a bit though, like £30 a case lol drunken yobs would love it

I dont mean by post.. I mean a bloke driving about delivering like when you order a pizza.

Yeah, probably best to do it over the phone then. You'd be much more accessable to customers then & they'd be confident you got the order whereas online you're never 100% sure until you get the stuff through.

I thought about doing something similar ages ago but there are a few problems. The 1st is the licence to do it which you appear to have sorted, but then there's the fact that 99% of your business will be over the weekend so you've got to be prepared to sacrifice your weekend for it, or find somebody else willing to split it with you.

There's also the thing that your business is based on travelling to parties dealing with loads of hammered people. Sooner or later you're going to have to deliver a load of alcohol to a party full of meatheads who have no absolutely no intention of paying & who are more than willing to give you a kicking before taking your stuff.

Those to me were big enough problems to kill the plans so I never got past the thinking stage but if you're happy about overcoming them & positive your licence can cover the business (I know how strict the licence people can be) then go for it. Good luck

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links