Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi, considering buying a Yaris

Muncher

Hi people :)

I'm looking to buy my first car, I'm 18 and it's being paid for by my parents :D

The other day I went for a test drive in a 51 plate black Yaris T Sport.

I'm very impressed by it, apart from one or two points. I know the ride is supposed to be firm, but I found it to be very firm. Maybe that's because I'm used to driving my Dad's Rover 45.

I also found it to be slightly rattly, though I couldn't work out where it was coming from. Another point I have seen mentioned several times is the lack of 6th gear, as I found it quite noisey doing 70mph.

It seemed to be standard spec, apart from having a 6 CD autochanger. The dealer wanted £9,500 for it, which I think is quite a lot.

I believe the earliest T Sport is a Y plate? What sort of target price should I be looking for?

Hello and welcome to the club. The Yaris T-Sport is a great car. The ride is firmer due to the suspension set-up and remember most of our roads are knackered so that won't help. £9500 is a fair dealer price and the Yaris holds its value well so you will struggle to get much cheaper - you don't mention condition, mileage etc or where is being bought from.

Either way, you won't regret it and it drives far better than the 45 which is OK but a bit saggy and soft!!

Buy the Yaris. Speak to anyone who owns one. Cheers.

I have owned my Yaris T-Sport for just over 6 months now and have been very impressed with it. I bought my car brand new and to be quite honest with you apart from SatNav there is not much more you can have fitted to the car 4 Airbags, AirCon and Sun Roof are all standard that’s if it not an import which I now think have a very similar spec anyway. I must admit that I too have experienced some rattles but decided after they started to drive me mad to book it in to my local dealer that I bought it from to sort out. Now the car has covered 6000 miles and very well it done them to, I really like the hard ride especially wiliest driving on the motorway it feels very surefooted you could easy think your driving a bigger car. The sixth gear well I have just got use to it now at first I thought it would drive me mad but the fuel consumption is good and you never need to change down to overtake on the motorway but to sum thing up I don’t think there is a more complete warm hatch on the market at the moment and that includes the new Mini Cooper but as for the Cooper S, well that a different car. :D

Thanks for the replies people :)

The one I tried is 11 months old, and only has 5k miles on the clock. It's from Bristoes who are a Toyota dealership in Ipswich. As for condition, well, it seemed to me like a new car. As at first I wasn't thinking about buying that particular one, I didn't have that close a look at it, but I didn't notice any marks at all.

Do you think I'd have a realistic chance of trying to get it for under £9k?

If I was looking for one of the earliest T Sports, what sort of price would I be looking at?

The sixth gear well I have just got use to it now at first I thought it would drive me mad but the fuel consumption is good and you never need to change down to overtake on the motorway  

Sixth gear??

Muncher

you put the 9K to him, this side of Christmas he sell it to you no problem,

I'd try for 8,750, if your happy to pay 9k, which would be a very good price,

good luck mate, go get an early crimbo prezzzie ;)

Originally posted by Jake

Muncher

you put the 9K to him, this side of Christmas he sell it to you no problem,

I'd try for 8,750, if your happy to pay 9k, which would be a very good price,

good luck mate, go get an early crimbo prezzzie  ;)

I'm going to try a few others first, like a Fiesta Zetec S etc.

As far as insurance goes, which company would you recommend? I'm 19 so anything around £1,800 would be great.

Hate to be hasty but comparing a fiesta to a T ????

Little advice if from my own personal POV....

1) Stick with the Toyota....

2) Enjoy the forums, we ain't that bad and advice is free

3) Get along to some of the meets and join the party :)

Oh, and have fun :)

Originally posted by rhaines

Hate to be hasty but comparing a fiesta to a T ????

Little advice if from my own personal POV....

1) Stick with the Toyota....

2) Enjoy the forums, we ain't that bad and advice is free

3) Get along to some of the meets and join the party :)

Oh, and have fun :)

Nice to see some quick replies :)

A m8 of mine works for Ford and has been pimping the Zetec S to me, but I think they're too common and the interior is poor.

I don't suppose there are and meets in Suffolk at all?

A mate of mine has a Zetec S and he cant get over how my Yaris just leaves it behind. On paper the perfomance does not seem alot different but out on the road is a another story.

p.s. I mean you get use to not having 6th.

Can't agree more about the Fiesta being common but didn't want to be rude :)

Yaris T looks a little different and from every post I've read great fun to drive....

As to meets there's a post somewhere about next years discounted meets that are arranged already, of course there will be others and they tend to be all over the place depending on where peeps are and what they want to do, just put a post up and seewho's interested :)

Hmmm, I've just got back from a Rover Dealership, and sort of by accident started looking at the MG ZR :)

I've got a test drive in one tomorrow, 51 plate, in red, 1.4 and they want £8,500 for it which seems tempting, however it has no air con.

What's the feeling about them?

one little bit of advice.......GET THE T POT!!! im 21 and pay £450 pully comp(2002,on a 52), u cant beat that.!

Buy buy buy, it's a fantastic car. I've yust bought mine a few months ago and have fallen in love with it. It's fast an very good looking. Further it hasn't really got the looks of a very fast car so you'll astonish many people :cool:

I had an MG ZR for a few hours yesterday, wasn't as quick as the Yaris, didn't have as many toys, BUT it was very comfortable, very smooth ride and it looks great, and it's an MG!

I'm not sure what to get now :(

im actually a bit of a fan of rovers owned quite a few and even got a 216gti as a race car........however if it came to build quality and reliability there is no comparison....toyota wins it everytime

ive never driven the t-pot so cannot comment,but ive driven a few other Toyotas and ive always been impressed

TTE Corola..was awsome,and should be getting released next year

Toyota Insurance

0845 275 5555

Club Toyota members get extra 5% discount

When buying a brand new Toyota you automatically become a new member. They give you all sorts of discounts e.g. insurance/servicing/hotels etc.

Muncher,

any extra you pay out now for the T pot will be reflected in the resale value in a few years time, don't think it will be as good for the MG's most of which are due face lifts and revamped engines next year, which wont help, but still a nice looking car, have'nt driven one so can't comment on handiling and perfromance,

As long as your happy with what ever you buy, and enjoy your motoring, then what the rest of us think aint worth a rats *****.

Good luck with your shopping mate, just remeber to hit them hard for a big discount this time of year, If the salesman is smiling when you sign on the dotted, you didn't get enough lol ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links