Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Choosing Exhaust?

egad

Hello everyone... I've just joined this morning and am finding this site helpful so far!

I'm buying a new full exhaust system for my MR2 mk2 n/a.

I've been looking around and have found 3 exhausts that have caught my eye...

Mongoose

Blueflame

Janspeed

Idealy I'd want a mongoose system with the blueflame look. But I want everyone elses input... anyone have any of these systems on their mr2? What are the positives and the negatives?

Which would you reccommend?

Cheers

Good morning and welcome to the club.

With an NA I don't think you'll go too far wrong with either of those. Probably best to see which you prefer the look of and try and get some sound clips off You Tube, or such like, to see which sound you prefer.

With NA, you don't want to go too big bore from the cat back as you will need back pressure, unlike a turbo car which responds better to the larger bore exhausts. Don't confuse this with just the tip diameter, we're talking about the diameter of the pipe from front to back.

Why do you want a Mongoose, but the look of Blue Flame?

Also, bear in mind stainless and mild steel exhausts will give a different sound, but obviously you have the benefit of long life with stainless, and with most companies, a lifetime guarantee.

You could always go to Hayward & Scott and get one made just as you want. When the centre section of my HKS Super Drager wore out, they made it in stainless for me in a larger diameter... can't fault their work. They did my custom intercooler pipework too. They'll be able to get creative for you.

.: Hayward & Scott - Clicky :.

Good luck.

;)

Hello...

I was under the impression that the Mongoose and the BlueFlame were to all intents and purposes identical, except for the exhaust tips.

I am going to get a 'goose for my rev 4 N/A, but only because I prefer the straight tips to the flaired tips.

Don't forget to get the de-cat pipe too, to free up a couple of extra ponies (and some noise).

Thanks guys!

Those answers really helped me.

Yeah I thought mongoose and blueflame were pretty much the same thing as well... but a friend of mine told me that mongoose were a more reliable name...

I want the blueflame tailpipe but I want it straight... not off to the side. i've heard that mongoose are actually making this kind of exhaust... but don't really know when it'll be done.

As you can probably tell, I'm really impatient and just want to get it over with! I want the mongoose exaust with the blueflame type pipes... but waiting for it will be the death of me.

I would go and get a custom one made, you can choose the look and sound and all for about £350.. my last 2 exhausts were custom made.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links