Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Police Camera Action

Steve-O 2006

Did anyone watch tonights Police Camera Action that was all about modified cars? Was it just me or did them cars look bog standard in the car chase scenes when the guy doing the comentary was saying they were modified!!!!? Eg he said something like "Police spotted a modifed car going 120mph down the dual carriage way" but when they pulled it over it was just a standard BMW 7 series!!!

Also, Im 100% sure there was a Black MR2 on it at the start with a number plate that ends in ASH, That plate sounds very familiar but cant remember if I saw it on here or another MR2 site :)

No, but watched a Road Wars a while back that had stolen Green/Blue UK spec MR2 getting chased by a chopper. The fool had no idea how to drive it and took it down a set of concrete steps!

No, but watched a Road Wars a while back that had stolen Green/Blue UK spec MR2 getting chased by a chopper. The fool had no idea how to drive it and took it down a set of concrete steps!

I would think you could do a lot of damage to a chopper by taking it down a set of concrete steps :P ;)

the tiny front wheel wouldn't like that much. More than likely you'd go over the handlebars !!

I learnt to ride on one of those!... shame BMX's were in fashion at that time tho!

I remember falling off my chopper and ripping my duffel coat. :lol:

Steve-O 2006 Posted Yesterday, 10:52 PM

Did anyone watch tonights Police Camera Action that was all about modified cars? Was it just me or did them cars look bog standard in the car chase scenes when the guy doing the comentary was saying they were modified!!!!? Eg he said something like "Police spotted a modifed car going 120mph down the dual carriage way" but when they pulled it over it was just a standard BMW 7 series!!!

Also, Im 100% sure there was a Black MR2 on it at the start with a number plate that ends in ASH, That plate sounds very familiar but cant remember if I saw it on here or another MR2 site

Yes and some of it to me was trying to have a go at decent car enthusiasts (although I agree there was also your usual stereotypical lowlife 'Barryboy' in is 'Halfords special' corsa :lol: ).

At lot of those cars at the 'ACE CAFE' meet they showed were extrememly well done yet you had this total pillock of a Policeman who I was convinced had great difficulty stringing a sentance together!

His discription of why aftermarket exhausts were bad was laughable (we all know some are pointless, but not decent firms), he just didn't know what he was on about.

As for this Alistar Stewart - total !Removed! ...does he actually drive at all?

I agree that these 'illigal' cruses need stoping and I do NOT wish to see dangerous driving/wheel spining /loud music (I use the term 'music' in the broadest sense in view of the crap that your average 'barryboy' plays these days) etc. But ...

...this program seemed to make out that everyboy who has a Performance car/modified car/Custom Car/hot rod or wishes to make their vehicle that little bit different or interesting is a Criminal!

Rant over

:D

I would think you could do a lot of damage to a chopper by taking it down a set of concrete steps :P ;)
the tiny front wheel wouldn't like that much. More than likely you'd go over the handlebars !!

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

And please remember that Alistair Stewart who presents Police Camera Action has been done for drink driving! ……TWICE !!! one of which was when he crashed!

He was once a guest of Mr T at the F1, Silverstone a few years back in the main hostility tent.........I didnt speak to him at the time, I was too wasted!!! :D

Kingo :thumbsup:

And please remember that Alistair Stewart who presents Police Camera Action has been done for drink driving! ……TWICE !!! one of which was when he crashed!

He was once a guest of Mr T at the F1, Silverstone a few years back in the main hostility tent.........I didnt speak to him at the time, I was too wasted!!! :D

Was Alistair as well....before he drove himself home....Kettle and pot come to mind :nono: :nono: :ban:

All I can say is "Champagne Breakfast" "Bacon Butties" and "Gallons of 1664" plus a proper 5 course sit down jobby at lunchtime, Ahhhh the delights of the hostility tent..............

I agree that these 'illigal' cruses need stoping

I know, did you see that group of people just stop on the outside lane of that roundabout and decide to hold a "cruise" with there crappy novas / corsa :P !!

No never seen it but will watch for a repeat

They have been running a lot of these types of older episodes on itv4, I did not know about Alister being done for DD but I now have justification for thinking what a prat he is....... you should hear some if his commentary, its certainly over egging the pudding. He is commenting on some footage and the commentary is using all this very dramatic language which is laughable at times given the actual footage.

Managed to catch some old episodes of top gear on one of the bbc digital channels, some of them are brilliant. :lol:

i remember watching one a while back and one commentator said "policing are in pursuit of a Subaru Impreza" and turns out it was a Lexus IS200 all along.

The Supra they featured to show the illegal under car neon's did look pretty sweet though!!

Also, Im 100% sure there was a Black MR2 on it at the start with a number plate that ends in ASH, That plate sounds very familiar but cant remember if I saw it on here or another MR2 site :)

Sooooo not me....shame though I wouldn't mind an ASH number plate!!!!!!!

The Supra they featured to show the illegal under car neon's did look pretty sweet though!!

Yea I liked it as well, there was alot of nice cars on. I thought it was Legal to have under car neons as long as only the "Glow" is visable on the road (not the actual tube)? as my dad was pulled over for having Blue Angle Eyes on the BMW and out of interest asked them about all the cars with neons underneith them and the Police told him that they are Legal as long as its only the Glow thats visable.

Yea I liked it as well, there was alot of nice cars on. I thought it was Legal to have under car neons as long as only the "Glow" is visable on the road (not the actual tube)? as my dad was pulled over for having Blue Angle Eyes on the BMW and out of interest asked them about all the cars with neons underneith them and the Police told him that they are Legal as long as its only the Glow thats visable.

I heard this too.. if the actual bulb isnt on show its ok.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links