Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Quality Issues Japanese Build Vs British

Parts-King

For everybody who says they would prefer their cars built in Japan, Toyota announce a recall on 470,000 Japanese built cars

Story Here

I'm sitting back and lighting the blue touch paper :eek::eek::eek:

Tin hat at the ready

Kingo :thumbsup:

For everybody who says they would prefer their cars built in Japan, Toyota announce a recall on 470,000 Japanese built cars

Story Here

I'm sitting back and lighting the blue touch paper :eek::eek::eek:

Tin hat at the ready

If their recalling them...will they make it back to the garages.. :unsure: :unsure:

Not good in the eye's of the biggest market the USA...they will use this to beat the salesmen about there cars...What with that boat load of Mazda's sinking earlier on in the year...

The land of the rising sun is feeling the pinch....

No big deal.

It doesn’t say what the recalls are for though, could be something really minor.

I still prefer Japanese to any other :thumbsup:

No big deal.

It doesn’t say what the recalls are for though, could be something really minor.

Not so "perfect" anymore though are they? ;) :lol:

No big deal.

Not so "perfect" anymore though are they? ;) :lol:

She that laugh's last...

:thumbsup:

lets just say this , toyotas are assembled by toyota workers in factories , MOST parts are made by other companies FOR Toyota . Its these various companies to blame , not Toyota directly .

Fears of fuel leaks and steering problems is the cause

More of the story from Reuters here

The whole point of my thread is that Toyota are a fantastic global company, that make fantastic cars. It makes little difference where they are asembled, as others on here will note, I always uphold the British built models. The problems lie with the spec of the componants, everyting is built to a price in the search for cheaper and cheaper cars, IMHO it doesnt always work!

Toyota must bear the responsibility for the parts they purchase whether that's in Europe or Japan. Toyota specify the parts and should quality control the suppliers. If the parts aren't good enough then either the specification was wrong, or the quality control process was. It's no excuse to say that the fault lies with supplied components and not with Toyota.

Couldnt agree more, my point is it has little to do with where they are built, but more to do with what they were built with!

my point is it has little to do with where they are built, but more to do with what they were built with!

Yes, quite agree with you on that.

It's a shame that standards seem to be slipping though; it's as if they're no longer so determined to be top for quality now that they have the Lexus brand.

its not so bad.... not as bad as if they needed to do a recall and didnt or wouldnt :)

That failing task is best left to the RAF where the Nimrod aircraft is concerned :(

Its simple....

They don't make them like they used to ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links