Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Automatic Transmision

hillman

i've just purchased 1990 mr2 automatic, but have no owners guide to show how to get the best out of it. Any help would be most appreceiated

Wooooooooooo HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I got here first.

Anyway welcome to the club......my MR2 is an auto also.

As for getting the best out of it......what do you mean??? how to drive her within her limits...how to take care of the engine ???

Sorry for all the questions and welcome to the club again.

But E bay would be the best place to source an owners guide.

i've just purchased 1990 mr2 automatic, but have no owners guide to show how to get the best out of it. Any help would be most appreceiated

Thanks for your welcome Calisto, I've tried eBay with no luck so far. Being new to auto's there are 3 buttons I do'nt understand. The red button at the top of the gear shift panel and the 2 white buttons at the bottom, marked MANU & PWR. The car drives fine without the use of these buttons, and obviously I've tried them when in motion, but to no obvios effect.

forst of all NEVER decide to put your foot down mid corner or espicially mid roundabout in the wet. the kickdown will send you looking at where you came from, did that in my 1976 martini edition porsche and its gearbox was tame compared to the mr2's

the automatic cannot put down the power with the same ease as the manual BUT that means it cannot have been thrashed the same so your engine will outlast theirs,

always check the auto transmission oil level, just google search it and it will show you how its vitally importand for an auto to be properly lubed.

good luck and welcome to the club, the guys here are really helpful, helped me on loads already in only a few weeks.

Paul

The buttons are as follows:

The manu button means you can use the gears as you would in a manual. :o

I never really understood what the power puton does....I was told to keep it on all the time......... so I do and the car is a happy bunny!!!

Do you have on OD button on your gear stick?

the little button with Jap writting is for moving the gear stick when in park!!!

These buttons are exactly the same as in the Imported Celica's, if you do a search in that forum...you are bound to find out the uses in much more detail.

:P

I never really understood what the power puton does....I was told to keep it on all the time......... so I do and the car is a happy bunny!!!

usually the Power button makes the car change gears at higher revs :) (well it does in the Auto BMW's that I have drove). So probably keep that off when you want to save fuel and put it on when you want some fun :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links