Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Important Notice

dave5282

The new electronic signs on the M6 were switched on this tuesday. the bad news is that they are rigged with SPECS speed cameras.

This probably applies to all the new signs being installed on the M62, M60 and M56

SPECS is a computer based system, as you go past the sign a digital camera reads your number plate, when you go past the next sign your number plate is read again. the computer 'knows' how far apart the signs are so it can work out your avg speed between the two three or four.

The system is fully automatic and will issue a ticket without any form of human intervention it does this for every single vehicle that passes. You WILL NOT know you have been court as the cameras do not use flash, they work 24/7 365, and theoretically there is no limit to how many times you can be 'got'

The whole section of the M6 between knutsford and preston is wired (FIDGETS TAKE NOTE! i know you travel this route 'occasionally' but I am not suggesting you speed)

and is wired both ways, the suggested speed it takes to trigger these is your 10% above limit!

Radar detectors will be of no use as SPECS is entirelly passive-the is no laser beam

JUST KEEPING YOU INFORMED GUYS.......

JUST KEEPING YOU INFORMED

(Big brother is watching and damn he is an *****)

The M4 (J12-14) is a hoax .. if you go onto the thames Valley police website they say that the signs have 2 cams, one to monitor the sign itself and another to moniter the effect of traffic.

NO SPECS !!

Thank goodness otherwise I'd have lost my licence already ..

:(

Is the story of the M4 cameras a hoax?

The guy I bought my Avensis from the other week was about to tell me the same tale and I said that this story came out on the internet over a month ago. Someone had originally posted it on the noticeboard at work and then a week later pinned up confirmation, from the internet, that it was a hoax. I began to tell the guy this but he was adamant that they are "live" because his sister- in- law worked for a company that had assembled the wiring looms for them.

So who's going test them first then? :ph34r:

Vmax

When you have a few spare minutes, nip up to preston and see if its the same story up here, cheers in advance LOL :P

heh heh .. I know the M4 section out in Wales has Specs .. but the M4 Hungerford to Reading doesn't ..

It's my daily commute run so I'd have lost my licence by the Wednesday morning after they went "live"

It may not be a hoax, these camera's do exist! :arrgg-matey:

They have had a trial in Northampton for the last 2 years. It has been the only one in the country and has had many victims. If anyone knows Northampton you would have found it between Riverside Retail park and Moulton Park Industrial estate, passing Weston Favell.

The camera's note your reg and works out a average speed between 2 markers which are place 1 mile apart. In Northampton it has been set at 50 MPH and to be honest it works. If you drive along this bit of road (which is dual carrageway) you wont find anyone doing more than the limit. And if you do you know they are from out of town and will have a fine in a week. :cacker:

Dont you get stressed out by the fact you could be clocked, stopped and without a license in one go! pulling a big fat 100?

I used to stress when I was working in bedford for a while last year, I used to drive from Bedford back to Cumbria in one go on a thursday or friday night every week, usuall in nice hire cars (scary to admit but the 1.6/1.8?sri corsa was a lot of fun on the M1, even though it wasnt that flash) even then i used to get on with it and spend all weekend worrying if I'd been seen being a bit naughty with my speed!

Plus the fact that without my license, i wouldnt have a job, and my life would be impossible

The whole section of the M6 between knutsford and preston is wired (FIDGETS TAKE NOTE! i know you travel this route 'occasionally' but I am not suggesting you speed)

Hi Guys, the M4 SPECS was a hoax.. I know this for a fact ;)

But thanks for the warning on the M6 Dave, this is believable, cos last time i went up, they had a temporay specs system on the roadworks section...

Scotalnd had s imilar sytem not so long back, but it was manned, they got you on the spot, just pulled you over 1/4 mile after the time check into a layby! it was near some naval base apparently????

Dont you get stressed out by the fact you could be clocked, stopped and without a license in one go! pulling a big fat 100?

I used to stress when I was working in bedford for a while last year, I used to drive from Bedford back to Cumbria in one go on a thursday or friday night every week, usuall in nice hire cars (scary to admit but the 1.6/1.8?sri corsa was a lot of fun on the M1, even though it wasnt that flash) even then i used to get on with it and spend all weekend worrying if I'd been seen being a bit naughty with my speed!

Plus the fact that without my license, i wouldnt have a job, and my life would be impossible

TBH.. I don't think about it... but if I did get busted I would be sick !! I hover around 105mph on the way to work and back... stupid I know...... If I got caught I'd cry.

If anyone Police read this... erm.. it's not me...

TBH.. I don't think about it... but if I did get busted I would be sick !! I hover around 105mph on the way to work and back... stupid I know...... If I got caught I'd cry.

Honest guv' I dont have a red car like the one in the picture below, I ma not scotish, I have never been on the TOC website?

LOL :P

Dont you get stressed out by the fact you could be clocked

Not at all .. I only drive fast when it's clear .. once made Reading to Sheffield in 2.5 hours .. and I got lost for 20 mins ..

I know it's wrong/dangerous to drive fast .. but I don't tailgate, middle lane hog etc .. I just like the power on an open road ..

If anyone hears about camaras on the M25 between Enfield and A13 exit PLEASE let me know. I try not to go over the limit but I can't help it.

Kaz

Honest guv' I dont have a red car like the one in the picture below, I ma not scotish, I have never been on the TOC website?

LOL :P

um... yeah..... er..... there are lots of cars like this... erm.. not me ... lol :D

We could do with a traffic/camera update section on the site

It would be great for meets etc to know whats the score with cameras roadworx etc B)

Dont you get stressed out by the fact you could be clocked

Not at all .. I only drive fast when it's clear .. once made Reading to Sheffield in 2.5 hours .. and I got lost for 20 mins ..

I know it's wrong/dangerous to drive fast .. but I don't tailgate, middle lane hog etc .. I just like the power on an open road ..

same here.... I like the power... If I can use it I will.

It's why I also love country roads .. hard braking and hard accelerating .. it's all about driving .. but on normal roads I am about 5/10ths or 7/10ths .. I wanna get on a track and go 11/10ths .. :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links