Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

About lower springs.

ts-canary

Hi all¡¡¡¡¡

I´m a new member, but I´ve been reading in the forum about Ts models. I´ve a Corolla T-Sport. I think that the enginer is great, but for me, the normal TS must be more stable, for that reason I added the lower springs of TTE accessory, and :D the car change completly the reaccions. Now is really a sport car much more stable and the VSC don´t use to put on, to do that you must drive to kill you. Now I´m thinking to fit a 215/40R17 tyres to decrease the total diameter and give the effect of have a group more closed (gear).

Do you now if the radio-cd of the car have RCD out to add a amplifier directly???

Thanks to all and sorry for my poor english because I´m from Canary Island and I speak spanish. Ok.;)

Alright ts-canary,

Your English is alot better than my spanish!!! Glad to hear the springs work wonders. How much did you pay for them over there? Regarding the amp, I'll try and find out for you. It must be great having a T-sport over there, such good roads with not many people using them!!!:D

Hi Jonh¡¡¡

The price of the springs + manpower was about 360 Euro. The car looks more aggressive. I enjoy driving between montains and now I´m really enjoy driving as a children. Thanks for try help abot the outs for the amp.

Hi guys,

I got my springs on order Toyota UK hope to have them in this country soon, plz see the post under T-Sport >TTE part numbers,

I can't wait to get all the bits on, TS yours are the second posative comments I had following the fitting of the springs, hadling and looks are improved, ;)

Hi JB

these are the latest cost (all plus vat)

AM26062 Quick shift kit £155.62

AM28906 lowering spings £221.85

AM28840 front spoiler £168

AM26197 twin silencer £346.81

not sure about labour rates yet.

I getting the bits through JCT600 in Hull 01482 586733 (Steve)

TTE Corolla bits

Hi, Jacke:

I think that you bought the quick shift kit for your car, but how much cost the manpower???? Is it much better or funny to change the gear??? Which could be the distances between 1ª and 2ª in centimetre + or -. I´m thinking to chahge mine one. Thanks.

Hi TS

still waiting for the parts to arrive, should be about 1 hour to fit, but as I'm having all the other bits done at the same time, I'm getting a good discount, but we have to wait for UK prices to be confrimed, may be in the new year now :o,

It will reduce distance between shifts by 25%

Hii Jake:

Do you have a 215/45/17 tyres??? I´like to fit a 215/40/17 ´cause the total diametre of the tyre + alloys are reduced in 1.7 centrimetre, and then reduce the hight in 8.5 centrimetre, in the other hand, the effect is like the group of the gear will more closed. I think that when introduce, for example, from 2º to 3ª gear over 8.200 rpm, the reaction could be fastter, I could be wrong???. Other important thing, in Japan, our TS is selled with 205 hp, ´cause in japan aren´t too restrictive with the CO2 emitions. I think that could be possible to change the chips or the parametre of the CPU????????:D:o

Hi TS

yes i have 215/45/17, this kept the overall wheel tyre diameter the same, Toyota UK recommended this and it does not effect my warrenty.

There is talk of an official Toyota upgrade chip for the UK next year, this could give the TS up to 220bhp, don't know how much truth there is to this rumour, we'll have to wait and see.

Jake, ts-canary

Greetings from Finland. Lot's of snow and icy roads here, it is amazing to see how VSC works magically preventing the car from skidding. Of course it can't overcome the laws of physics...

After a long...long wait, I've finally received the strut bar and quick shift kit for my Corolla T Sport. Installation will be next week. The local dealer in Finland estimated approx. 2 hours (130 EUR) for installation and parts only 370 EUR.

Jake, how's the ride comfort/handling with 215/45/17 setup compared to T Sport original tyres?

Happy driving,

Petri

Hi Jake, TS

Jake its Interesting to hear that your local dealer recommended 215/45/17 tyres when the TTE parts list says 215/40/17. I know theres only 5mm difference but the 40 series will give a sportier ride. I'm wondering why fitting the 40 series would invalidate the warrenty if they are approved TTE Parts? What do you think?

JohnB

No - quickshift is a set for your gear lever so changes are done faster - with 25% less gear lever travel.

I should be getting by TTE 30 mm lowering springs next week, so I will give you guys a scoop on how much does it improve the looks & handling, and what happens to the ride as well.

Fitting 40 tires would definetly not invalidate warranty since they are approved by TTE ;-)

Hi Guys,

the issue with my wheel tyre combo, was that by using the 45 with the wheels I puchased the overall weel tyre diameter did not change, where as a 40mm on the wheels I have would have made it slightly smaller, maybe the TTE 17" wheels differ slightly to the "Speedline Course" wheels I have, can only tell you the advice I was given, 3 different tyre retailer all agrreded with the tyre size, and the same size was also given by a software progamme I found on the www, The 45's will also give a little more comfort, which will work well when the lower springs are fitted, or so I'm told :o:o

any way what would I know I'm just the driver ;)

just an opinion but the -30 tte springs have made my yaris t-sport feel like a proper 'sport' car! the ride is firmer but not harsh, the car overall stance is not aparant untill you park next to a standard set up....

Can I fit the lower springs, the quickshift etc. on a 1.6? Are any fuss-free (software) tune-ups for the 1.6 engine available yet?

How sensible is it to lower the car by 30mm but still keep the standard 15" alloy wheels with 195/60?...would I see any improvement in handling and could these two work well together at all? I've seen a normal 1.6 with 17" wheels and it looked pretty offroad...I don't want THAT!!!...;)

You can put any TTE part on any Corolla ;-)... By lowering you car 30 mm you will definetly get better handling, no matter whats the rest of the setup...

17" look awesome on any Corolla as well, as long as proper tire is used.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links