Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can I Fit This To My 2

pauls n/a MR2 GTI

I WANT MORE POWER!! the N/a 2 is too slow, im used to much more power..... but and this is THE BUT! I AM SPENDING A LOT OF CASH on this car..

i am hving it resprayed as we speak and a toms scoop fitted.. the supension has been replaced at the back and the panel gaps eradicated by new hinges for the bonnet. the brakes will be uprated as i have secured a big brake converion for pennies off a mate who wrapped his 2 a la tree.

but i need more power..

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST BUT CHEAPEST WAY OF ENGINE CONVERSION FOR POWER.... ANYONE GOT A MINT TURBO ENGINE FOR SALE?

IF I FIT A TURBO ENGINE, INTERCOOLER ETC DO I NEED MORE ELECTRICS? DO I NEED THE TURBO ECU? WHAT WORK IS REQUIRED?

HAS ANY OF YOU DONE AN ENGINE CONVERSION? ANY ADVICE AND COST???

WOULD THIS FIT??

silly ENGINE CONVERSION

No ;) And even if it did you wouldn't want it anyway, not exactly the most sophisticated or reliable lump in the world...

3.0l V6 from a Camry seems popular, turbo conversion is obviously possible but you need all the electrics and transmission to go with it. Buying an n/a and then converting it to turbo seems very pointless, easier, cheaper and cheaper to insure to just buy a turbo in the first place.

It is true, only someone who has already spent a shed load of money on their n/a should go down that road!

For a turbo conversion the whole rear has to be swapped over including the suspension, drive shafts and gear box.

As I recall there is a bloke on IMOC who does the conversion for £1500 with exhaust.

Rogue do the conversion for a shade under £3000.

ta lads..... ill sell what i have and buy something more in my usual power range...

poor though because i REALLY loved that car...

any ideas? what would you reccomend..... i dont want to go down the porsche road for a while, not till i can a fford a year 2000+ model with my yearly bonus money

i want a 2 with so much power its like riding a marlin, on coke

for pennies

in ireland they are ridiculous money jappy, im gonna sell my n/a baby for silly money here then fly to england and nuy a reputable UK spec turbo then i suppose, they wont insure a jap import in Northern Ireland for less than £1500. plus i wrapped my last porsche around a tree a merc and a very ****** off police district

poo!

what about the nissan 300z turbo manual?

You might have to ask on a Nissan Forum.. you are starting to go into Supra money now tho!

[You might have to ask on a Nissan Forum.. you are starting to go into Supra money now tho!

fo shizzle?

hmmm ANYONE GOT A UK SPEC TURBO FOR SALE FOR £4500?

WHAT are the big watch points fo them?

Something like that!

There are plenty of them on eBay, I fancied one a few years back but decided they were a bit 'overweight'.

300zx?

I've considered them in the past. They look a bit dated now though imo.

They can be quite cheap though. Alot cheaper than a TT Supra.

300zx?

I've considered them in the past. They look a bit dated now though imo.

They can be quite cheap though. Alot cheaper than a TT Supra.

They are alot older too!

I love the front lights but not so keen an the back end.

Could you get 400bhp any cheaper!?! (I admit, the front bumper and rear spoiler look pap tho!)

i have an offer on one....... t b c

Fell across this string - I bought a MR2 turbo import which had been in a front end fight. Have used the engine/turbo/manifolds and wiring loom + ecu for my RAV. Been left with the remnants including the back end and gearbox of the MR2. Oh and exhaust. The front end wing and bonnet are bent.

We used the 3SGTE engine for the RAV; and put in a GT4 charge intercooler cos RAVs don't have much space up front with a twin cam placed in. We took the clutch from the MR2 but reckon its burst a spring. I know the MR2 was driveable before albeit the alloys fitted were totally wrong. Internal is black leather.

Far as I know, all the turbo MR2s in the UK were imports.

Funny one - cos the RAV is unique in the UK/Europe, I got classic car insurance fully comp for £400. Anyone interested - its the 3 door version and one of the first to come to Scotland .

cheers and good luck - it took me 6 months to find a turbo version at a decent price.

Do you have any pictures on the Rav? Sounds awesome running the 3S engine

If you go onto the RAV forum you'll see the string started by me which gives links to some photos. No photos of the engine or exhaust yet though. Next week for them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links