Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Meter Reset

Askraza

Hi,

I am looking a solution to Reset/Revers the Meter. i.e my Meter reading is now 185,000 KM and I want it to be my choise i.e 65,000 KM

I hope there is any way to do this or some kind of softwar/hardware solution can do that but could not find it at all. Can any one help in this regard?

I appriciate your help.

Thanks,

Askraza

There are people in this world who can supply such equipment to do this but why would you want to?

What reason would you have to reduce the mileage by 60 odd percent?

Kingo :thumbsup:

There are people in this world who can supply such equipment to do this but why would you want to?

What reason would you have to reduce the mileage by 60 odd percent?

I might be getting stupid in my old age but it seems he wants to increase the cars value by the same, Tut Tut

:hang:

In the UK this is called ‘Clocking’ which is illegal and frowned upon by law abiding citizens.

Maybe this isn’t the place for asking for such a question.

In the UK this is called ‘Clocking’ which is illegal and frowned upon by law abiding citizens.

Maybe this isn’t the place for asking for such a question.

He is from the United Arab Emirates! Maybe they do things the other way around other there, I can't say as I've never had the need to go!

No, it is not illegal to change your milage, it is illegal to sell a car with fake milage. Difference!

Basicaly I am a dealer and selling used cars and for that I need it and here in our country by doing it not a legal problem and many are doing this. So I am looking a solution like that if you know about such kind of solution from where I can buy, I will appriciate you in this regard.

Thanks,

Askraza

Basicaly I am a dealer and selling used cars and for that I need it and here in our country by doing it not a legal problem and many are doing this. So I am looking a solution like that if you know about such kind of solution from where I can buy, I will appriciate you in this regard.

Thanks,

Askraza

Errrrrr........now that is clocking

Giving the speedo a haircut is not illegal in its self, but selling the car with a falsely adjusted mileage is illegal. This is probably not the forum to find out the answer

Flaming charlatan! Just cos theres 'many doing it' doesnt make it ethically correct you cheating !Removed!.

Flaming charlatan! Just cos theres 'many doing it' doesnt make it ethically correct you cheating scrotum.

I'll second that :angry::angry:

Basicaly I am a dealer and selling used cars and for that I need it and here in our country by doing it not a legal problem and many are doing this.

Basically you are a dishonest dealer trying to screw your customers for more money by selling clocked motors to the tune of 75,000 miles :angry:

It may not be illegal in your country but it is definitely unethical.

Unfortunately it doesn’t surprise me as there is a huge trade in stolen cars from the UK being sold in the UAE.

Try a new approach to your trade and be honest!

Pity I can’t swear on this forum and give you a load of abuse... oh well :(

Basicaly I am a dealer and selling used cars and for that I need it and here in our country by doing it not a legal problem and many are doing this
Basically you are a dishonest dealer trying to screw your customers for more money by selling clocked motors to the tune of 75,000 miles :angry:

That is plain cheating

It may not be illegal in your country but it is definitely unethical.

I'm sure it will be illegal. I have been to the UAE many times and you want to read some of the stories.......unbelievably harsh justice system

Unfortunately it doesn’t surprise me as there is a huge trade in stolen cars from the UK being sold in the UAE.

True, landcruisers a plenty go missing and end up in the middle east

Try a new approach to your trade and be honest!

There are a few of us :D :D :D

Surely you have to be a sad :censor: on a wind up

<Hands mod bannation stick>

So long, farewell, auf weidersehn, goodbye!

As a club we cannot have plainly illegal activities discussed in this manner. This thread is now closed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links