Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boot Is Damp

WildmanMob

I don't know why, but I noticed the padding in the boot under the cover was damp. I took it out and the board on the metal floor of the boot was damp. I dried then out, but after driving a few times, I noticed it was begginning to get damp. I don't know why. Any ideas? :unsure:

Mine gets like this also, there are 2 vents either side at the bottom of the boot which leads out under the rear bumper, I have wondered if its coming in there. Have a look round your ariel too.

ok. I didn't know about the vents. I'll take a look. Guna be so busy with my mr2 this Sat lol.

:rolleyes:

Is it a good idea to cover these up to stop the damp? Are there there for a good reason? (nice pic) :)

The flaps open and close, no idea why they are there!.. I wouldnt cover them up tho.. might do something strange to the car!

Also... during heavy rain the water collects on the boot lid, if you open your boot too fast it splashes into the boot!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links