Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cv Joints/gaitor

UKDM323

OK i got a nissan almera 1.4 as a second car, i know it isnt a toyota but same principles & makes some noises like when turning so guess thats the CV joints on way out? i got tyres replaced at front today but that guy said it cv gaitor is on way out.....so anyone know if there expensive to replace them or had expereience of changing them?

Not heard of that but i dont know much about these anyway & is that the CV gatior your on about ?wouldnt thought you get away with glueing the cv joint itself?? but i be getting a garage to do work for me whatever need replacing.

Total git to replace, but I have heard about ones that you wrap around and then glue up?

Its the actual rubber that gets glued, not the joint.

Its just alot of work as you have to remove the hub to get to it! Remember doing it on my old VW Polo, what a pain just for a rubber sleeve!

Not heard of that but i dont know much about these anyway & is that the CV gatior your on about ?wouldnt thought you get away with glueing the cv joint itself?? but i be getting a garage to do work for me whatever need replacing.
Total git to replace, but I have heard about ones that you wrap around and then glue up?

This is the one that Jappy means:

http://www.carparts-direct.co.uk/splitdriveshaftgaiter.cfm

I have never used them myself but know of many people who have done with complete success :thumbsup:

The glue up boots are ok, I put them on cars for MOT's but would not put a glue up on my own, but thats a moot point if the CV joint is being replaced, the drive shaft will be totally off and a new gater/ boot can be fitted when the CV joint is getting replaced.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links