Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nearly Pxd The Yaris

kimi

Well as the title says today i went to px my yaris.

my local toyota dealer has a open weekend going on,with loads of cars from toyota GB.

So i went to take a look.

They had a lovely gen 7 in thunder grey with only 1600miles on the clock, it was the 190bhp :D

spoke to the salesman who said he drove it to the dealership and it goes well.

so asked to take it out, i couldnt wait to drive it.

I took it out along some dual carriageways where i could redline it.

Verdict , the inside was great and it was comfy too, it also handled well,

but and this is a big BUT it was so slow :( they call that lift :lol:

as for the brakes :eek: the titanic had better brakes than that :lol:

I was so glad to get back into my yaris.

I wished they had a rolla compressor to test drive but toyota GB had not sent them one :(

Toyota really need a good sports car, as the gen 7 really was a big dissapointment,

there is no way thats a sports car ;)

I always say that my Mk111 Roadster wouldn't set the world on fire with it's acceleration but it is still reasonably quick :yes:

Anne's 190 still has the edge on it though as long as you keep it in lift and I think it sounds much better too ;) as far as the brakes go..................You're right they are pants compared to mine (they do stop you adequately though :rolleyes: )

Wow thats a shame kimi. I've said this many times before Toyota are to much into saving the world. Toyota need to get back to making proper sports cars like the supra celica gt4 etc etc. So no real power then?? All show and no go :lol: Perhaps the next gen of Toyota sports cars will be on par. So for now we will have to stick with the old sporting classic :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Les - the brakes scared me & mark , we couldnt believe how bad they were :unsure:

It made me realize how much power the compressor has given my yaris over the celica.

Jerry- yes mate your right Toyota need to wake up and start making sports cars again.

Nissan, mazda, Honda are bringing out good sports cars but toyota has given us.... the aygo :lol:

And a fabulous car it is too Kimi ;)

I was also going to switch to a Gen 7 Celica, however it was other reasons that made me go for the Aygo - mainly monetary rather than anything else...

I do agree though that Toyota are all about being green nowadays and I despair that if the likes of Ford & Vauxhall etc can have half decent sports cars in their line up and Toyota can't then its a sad day for motoring really....

Me? I'll stick to saving the world, I'll let those who are more capable tear it up :lol: ;)

Em the aygo is a good little car for what it is,

like you say Ford has the ST & now the RS is comming too.

Toyota have nothing sporty left to offer :(

Me i'd rather tear up the planet than save it :lol: our s15 pollutes it rotten :P

and i really dont care ;)

i'd rather have fun while i'm here :yahoo:

No celica no mr2 what are Toyota doing. They are seriously falling behind in the sporting department :angry:

jerry!!

Drove both Gen 7 Celica and Mk3 MR2, both dont have the upper punch of my 16 year old MR2 n/a!

Modern cars are pants!

they should hurry up and release bioethanol on every forecourt, that way we can all have super quick cars running safely on a high RON fuel and we'll be saving the planet at the same time lol

what about corolla tsport ? lift feels good . my friend has a roadster and he reconed he would leave me but it was the other way round.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links