Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Member With Corolla T-sport

handicap7

Hello All

Just bought myself a 55 plate T-Sport in Alsace Grey(gunmetal is the best description) with 19k on the clock. My original plan was an SR until i drove the TS, after test driving both there was no way i as buying the SR. I was gobsmacked! here was me looking for a sensible Toyota Corolla because of the reliability and fantastic press they have received over the years only to find this little gem. I was and still am amazed at how much fun this car is to drive, it is such a devil in disguise and never fails to make me grin like a lunatic whenever i crank up the revs and hear that engine noise.

Its good to know that there are others like myself who have the pleasure of owning such a fantastic car. Help wanted please! i am looking for any info related to the actual performance of the car! i have seen a few figures that state a 0-60 of over 8 seconds however i am loathe to believe this and am looking for some accurate stats.

Also one of my friends has just bought a 56 plate Astra 1.8 sri xp and he is constantly telling me that his car is far superior to my "GRANNY MOBILE" however after checking around the internet all i can find is a 0-60 of 10.2 seconds and around 140BHP surely this is no match for my CTS even in its unmodified state??

Regards

Handicap7

Hello All

Just bought myself a 55 plate T-Sport in Alsace Grey(gunmetal is the best description) with 19k on the clock. My original plan was an SR until i drove the TS, after test driving both there was no way i as buying the SR. I was gobsmacked! here was me looking for a sensible Toyota Corolla because of the reliability and fantastic press they have received over the years only to find this little gem. I was and still am amazed at how much fun this car is to drive, it is such a devil in disguise and never fails to make me grin like a lunatic whenever i crank up the revs and hear that engine noise.

Its good to know that there are others like myself who have the pleasure of owning such a fantastic car. Help wanted please! i am looking for any info related to the actual performance of the car! i have seen a few figures that state a 0-60 of over 8 seconds however i am loathe to believe this and am looking for some accurate stats.

Also one of my friends has just bought a 56 plate Astra 1.8 sri xp and he is constantly telling me that his car is far superior to my "GRANNY MOBILE" however after checking around the internet all i can find is a 0-60 of 10.2 seconds and around 140BHP surely this is no match for my CTS even in its unmodified state??

Regards

Handicap7

Welcome to TOC!!

The feeling you get when you hit "Lift" never fades!!! :D

0-60 does seem a bit off, there's been various posts about it but the general thought is that you can nock about a second off that time.

Astra?? 138bhp, 0-60 9.5 seconds, Max speed 129mph.

Absolutely pathetic stats!

I'd take him out in the "Granny Mobile" he'll soon change his mind!!

:thumbsup:

Welcome.

I'm surprised the Astra is quoted as being that slow - I'd expect a 0-60 time of under 9 seconds from a car of that size with 140bhp.

But whatever, it'll still be way slower than the T-Sport; 189 bhp with a six speed close ratio box will leave the Astra standing even if you're not really trying.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links