Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello!

rufusman

Hi,

I've just bought a diesel RAV4 after a bitterly disappointing experience with a new Honda Civic. I previously ran a Lexus IS200 a few years back (which as we all know is a Toyota anyway) and had no trouble, so I'm back to the Toyota stable.

Already found a couple of answers on the forum - and I look forward to the RAV experience - so far so good.

Matt - aka rufusman

Hi Matt and welcome.

I feel I should really ask about your bitterly disappointing experience with Honda though - I don't profess to know too much about them, but I thought they were OK - on the whole anyway !

Rich

Hello and Welcome to TOC Matt. :group-cuddles:

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with Honda..(I always thought that Honda was on a par with Toyota!!! ) and therefore very relaible cars .... I used to have a 3 door 1.6 VTEC Civic. Fast as Fluck. Good looking car too. :thumbsup:

I have driven a RAV...I like them, wouldn't mind having one. But after being used to low cars...it felt like I was up in the air. :eek:

Hi Matt and welcome.

I feel I should really ask about your bitterly disappointing experience with Honda though - I don't profess to know too much about them, but I thought they were OK - on the whole anyway !

Rich

Generally I was OK with Honda (I had an Accord for a year). But the Civic was a real let down. I understand that the old one was fine but the new one - although it looked fantastic - was (maybe still is) poorly built and littered with faults. The final straw (after four(!) recalls) was the rear screen having to be rebonded after it started leaking into the boot in car washes and then even when it rained.

Funnily enough, the part exchange I got as well below the "recommended" price, and 3 of the five dealers that Toyota rang to get a price didn't want it at all!!

Anyway, enough whining, this is about Toyota. Thank you and Calisto for your warm welcome.

Hi Rufusman and welcome to TOC. Take yourself over to the maddest forum on here (Rav4) and

you will fit right in. WE LOVE slagging off Honda's. Especially the one that is so ugly that we dont

mention it by name . Refer to it only as the ugly one or the C eR Vix and you will do ok ;) ;)

Rufusman....welcome to TOC and an outstanding purchase of the RAV....... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

All forums are welcoming and all members knowledgeable.....Strap yourself in and come on over to the RAV4 Forum...get ready for the laugh of your life :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links