Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Irish Adventure

GIDDLEPIN

Had another driving job over in Ireland for the last few days, traveling from Larne down to a place called Athboy in the South then back up to Dungannon & Coalisland in the North.

It was an eventful trip to say the least, to start with the 10pm ferry Sunday night was canceled so I had to stay in the poxy little cab of the truck for seven hours until the next one available, this put all the delivery times back which meant working late on the Monday. My last drop finished at about 10pm and the ferry I should have caught was at 8:15pm so that broloxed things up even more..

One thing that cheered me up though was a call from the customer of the second to last drop. As they knew it would be late and there wouldn't be anyone there she gave me instructions on how to get through the gates onto the industrial estate so the load could be left outside her premises. After explaining where to leave things she then asked if I had a pen to take down the security code fort the electronic gates, I replied that I had and she then proceeded to read out the code so I would remember it when I got there.

The number is 1..........2.......3 (waits with baited breath for final number in this unique code)......(Here it is)......(You've guessed it!!!)........4, "Did you get that?" she asked, it took me a few seconds to reply without gagging.

When I returned to Larne to get the next available ferry it was about 11pm and my driving hours were up so parking on the dock was the only option available, so expecting to catch a 3:00am ferry I was preparing to spend a couple more hours in this cruddy truck again........WRONG!!!! The next available boat was at 2 O'Clock the following afternoon $%*&""****!!!!!!

So from 11am Monday morning I had to endure 27 bum numbing hours in a small, cold and cramped cab, needless to say I ain't well pleased at all, at least I get paid hourly.

The Tom-Tom works at sea you know ;)

Ireland13-11-07023.jpg

I've always wondered what it would be like living in a lorry cab coz they always look really cool! Do you have a bed behind the seats and a TV, kettle, etc?? I've always thought of it as a scaled down caravan!!

I've always wondered what it would be like living in a lorry cab coz they always look really cool! Do you have a bed behind the seats and a TV, kettle, etc?? I've always thought of it as a scaled down caravan!!

If it was one of the trucks I normally drive like THIS I wouldn't have been bothered, reasonably comfortable bunk, night heater, curtains and I usually have a duvet & pillow for nights out.

Instead it was THIS one!!!! Only a day cab because you get a cabin on the ferry (if things go to plan :rolleyes: ) No bunk, night heater, curtains or bedding (I was ferkin freezing!!! :shutit: )

Don't think I'll be doing that run again even if it was at class 1(big truck) rates ;)

And you throw bottles of pee out of the cab!

We don't need to do that Andy........

In the UK, a man who feels compelled to urinate in public can do so only if he aims for his rear wheel and keeps his right hand on his vehicle.
;)

harsh les. Could you not have gone to the pub that night?

There was a pub outside the gate so I did go for a drink :thumbsup:

Unfortunately it shut at 11pm and I got in at five to, just in time for the last orders :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links