Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 1.4 97hp Owners?

giannispapakis

Hello all,

I have been thinking to buy this brilliant car, however i'm having serious thoughts as to which version should i buy. Should I go for the 1.4 97 hp or should i go for the 1.6 124 hp model? I'm not really one of those guys that are really interested in fast driving, i'm rather interested in matters of safety, comfort, e.t.c.

Any 1.4cc owners to give their opinion? Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think 97hp is well above the average, compared with the 1.4cc engines of the market (except for the 1.4cc 109hp engine of hyundai i30), so i'm sure the performance of the 97hp engine will be more than satisfactory for the Auris car, am I wrong?

hey i got a 1.4 auris, they are great but i dont think they are as fast as they should be. compared to the corolla 1.4 its not as fast as the corolla 1.4.

i have a cousin who drives a 1.6 auris. I dont know about where you live but she got the 1.6 TR model for £1000 cheaper than the 1.4, i dont know how that works out but its £1000 less for a bigger engine. 1.6 is more nippier than the 1.4 but the 1.4 gives good fuel emissions, but again another bad point. the 1.4 needs to be revved to get the performance. i have a exhaust fitted on my 1.4 and i feel like i have gained abit more torque.

1.4 is just as comfy as the others. get pretty much everything as standard to (T3 model) A/C, CD MP3 player. fog lights, alloys

Hi

I had exactly the same thoughts myself.. My last car was a 1.8 Avensis Auto and it was always very nippy and fun to drive even though it was an Auto but with a MPG of 28.9 on average it had to go.. I test drove the 1.6 mmt when it first came out and was not a fan as the engine raced away all the time so asked my dealer to get me a 1.4 D4D mmt but failed to find me one. I went to a new dealer and he got me one to test drive 5 days later (Listers Coventry 10/10). As soon as i jumped in and took away by myself for a couple of hours down the motorway and through town all my worries about speed were gone, im beating people at the lights with my paddle shift !!! fantastic engine.. I had to e-mail all my mates and tell them i couldn't believe it was driving a 1.4 Diesel Auto !!! great fun........ If you a boy racer dont go for it, but if you worry about comfort, economy and the environment then buy away and have fun....dont listen the Magazine.. they are there to sell Mags with pictures of BMWs and Audi's on the front cover not real cars for real people... PS...if you want some fun go for MMT, im lovin it and im now on 44 mpg average and £115 car tax a year !! Whopppppy Mr tax man...

the 1.4 needs to be revved to get the performance. i have a exhaust fitted on my 1.4 and i feel like i have gained abit more torque.

Why not chip it? You get 20% increase in torque and you can really feel the difference, Sign up to our website here for a TOC members price, details on the chip kit can be found in the members area when signed up

Kingo :thumbsup:

the 1.4 needs to be revved to get the performance. i have a exhaust fitted on my 1.4 and i feel like i have gained abit more torque.

Why not chip it? You get 20% increase in torque and you can really feel the difference, Sign up to our website here for a TOC members price, details on the chip kit can be found in the members area when signed up

is there a chip for the 1.4 petrol? because i can only ever find chips for the diesels

Hey folks, thanks for your assistance!! however i should mention i'm from greece, and driving a diesel car is forbidden in Athens and it suburbs (unless it's a taxi). So i'll go for the gasoline engines.. I think 1.4 will do it's job for me.. But i've got a question: you mentioned 1.4 diesel needs to be revved up to get good levels of torque.. Does the same apply for the 1.4 gasoline engine? have you got any idea where can i find rpm-torque curves for the auris engines?

Hey folks, thanks for your assistance!! however i should mention i'm from greece, and driving a diesel car is forbidden in Athens and it suburbs (unless it's a taxi). So i'll go for the gasoline engines.. I think 1.4 will do it's job for me.. But i've got a question: you mentioned 1.4 diesel needs to be revved up to get good levels of torque.. Does the same apply for the 1.4 gasoline engine? have you got any idea where can i find rpm-torque curves for the auris engines?

yeh the same for the petrol engine, once it hits 4000 rpm u start to feel the torque pulling. but other than that its very comfy, i drove the car for 2 hours straight and it wasnt a problem, felt relaxed after the long journey.

tell us about your experience once you get the car ;)

• 4 months later...

a question about chipping why toyotas engineers are not chip it the cars? but some other third party engineers do this?

a question about chipping why toyotas engineers are not chip it the cars? but some other third party engineers do this?

It's probably down to emissions, the car has to be set up to be fully compliant as new, however after market settings can release more power at the cost of higher emissions. Not sure about cars, however on bikes the changes can even improve the mpg as the engine is running more efficiently.

Colin

Hello all,

I have been thinking to buy this brilliant car, however i'm having serious thoughts as to which version should i buy. Should I go for the 1.4 97 hp or should i go for the 1.6 124 hp model? I'm not really one of those guys that are really interested in fast driving, i'm rather interested in matters of safety, comfort, e.t.c.

Any 1.4cc owners to give their opinion? Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think 97hp is well above the average, compared with the 1.4cc engines of the market (except for the 1.4cc 109hp engine of hyundai i30), so i'm sure the performance of the 97hp engine will be more than satisfactory for the Auris car, am I wrong?

I have the 1.4 but the D4D engine, still, they're a bit comparable. I drive 85% on highway (up to 160km/h) and a bit in the city and the 90hp seem more than enough.

The VVTI engine is probably similar... a couple more hp but less binary.

I only miss power sometimes when climbing in 5th since the car is heavy, but 124 hp would probably be ideal. If you can afford the difference I'd say get the extra hp, it will make driving a bit more fun.

I used to have the 1.4 Corolla but now have the Auris 1.6 TR - I don't regret getting the 1.6 but it is slightly more expensive on insurance, tax and economy. I like the way it pulls though and do notice more grunt than the 1.4 - I suppose you go for the one that suits your driving style best

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links