Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Crazy Sat Nav

SJandMR2

Hi

I had the weirdest day - commute wise - had to go to Grimsby from Lincoln which should be an easy route but have become a bit dependant on sat nav and I think mines is possessed by a bored ghost of an ex off roader thats trying to trash my aygo, - I ignored it twice when it wanted to take it me off the main road but then I was unsure myself at a junction so decided to followed it only do be driven into what looked like a field - I drove over a cattle prod thingy and there were cows mooing at me but I carried on as there was a trail of tarmac which could have been a road, and was lovely views so i drove for a while but was awaiting a derannged farmer to come out and shoot me for being on his land - then I turned a corner and there I was surrounded by loads of 4x4s and men wearing hunting gear and carrying shot guns and dogs sniffing round my tyres :jawdrop: - I sheepishy drove through them and as I did they raised there wine glasses and cheered me?? it was 10am lol - and i swear i heard the snotty sat nav lady was larfing at this point too, then on the way back I thought it would either take me the same way back or the main road but nooo it found a whole new off road route and at night with an audi up my ***** I started to loose my sense of humour especially when I had a far to close of a view of the bottom of a ditch as skidded round a downhill corner I couldnt see coming - dont get me wrong my sat nav always gets me there on time but it never takes the same route twice despite entering exact same points and it only likes dirt track routes i dont think main roads were ever programmed in - I keep changing the settings on sat nav (its garmin) from quickest to shortest etc but there doesnt appear to be a "normal main road" option. Are all sat navs like this? or should I accept that mine crazy and likes a larf, should I think about a new one, i mean it does ask the odd immposible thing sometimes like it wanted to be to actually fly up on to the bridge i was going under and drive on that or do a U turn on the M1 but they all do that dont they?

I have go to go over the humber tommorrow, I am taking me wellies!!! :eek:

Sarahx

unlucky :( have no problems at all with my tomtom bar a charger lead prob a while ago...

tried updating your maps? can you do that? and I also think quickest is the setting you want for as few stupid backroads as possible.....

My satnav (in built lexus system) seems to take me the stupidest way to places, went to the man city match in august and ended up going on the A6 - good twisty road tho!

Is this real?

I was waiting for a punchline!

lol yes that was my day!! I did write it a bit like a joke sorry.

yeah was able to update maps, that didnt help - think I might have to invest in a tomtom too - I got promoted the other week and ever since I have barely been at my desk so think i need something a bit more useful - dont get me a wrong i usually enjoy the route unkown but when its for work I need to be worrying about what am supposed to be doing when I arrive - not IF I arrive..lol

Sarah

Some SatNav's just direct you the most direct route it can...based on it's in built maps...TomTom does take me on some funny routes...had a drive back from a training course a few weeks back and thought I would take shortest route.... :lol: :lol: lucky I was in a 4x4 as it involved two forded river crossings... I was waiting to see the LR Camel team training just round the next bend :o :o

Need to take a map for backup and use SatNav as a guide..I normally check the route it plans then make adjustments if known to route...

Funny as hell seeing all these towed caravans in summer coming down the single track lane outside my cottage...as it has a tight S bend as we :o :lol: :lol:

I have a Garmin, it works fine. I think your problem is setting it for "Shortest" route. That is as the crow flies and will take you down the narrowest of lanes, you need to swap it to fastest as this will use motorways or A roads

Kingo :thumbsup:

I love it when you miss a turning in the middle of a busy single carriageway and it says "Turn around" :yes: ......In THIS?....I don't think so :lol:

I must admit when my Road Angel navigator packed up a few weeks ago I found out my stress levels increased by having to dust off the old road atlas and actually plan my delivery routes then keep stopping when near the destination to ask for street directions :rolleyes:

I bought a Tom Tom XL one as soon as I could and find it vastly superior to the Road Angel in both route planning as well as information.

Les

I wish my sat nav would show me off road shortcuts :(

The twisties are good, don't fancy off-roading though!!

I don't bother using Sat Nav anymore, find it much easier to go "old skool" and use a map!!

:thumbsup:

i used to do maps but the police kept complaining when I stuck them to my passenger window...obstructing the view apparently lol

Jinx - i will swap ya mine!!

i used to do maps but the police kept complaining when I stuck them to my passenger window...obstructing the view apparently lol

Bloomin' Police, what's wrong with obscuring the view?!!

:lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links