Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Multimode - Update

dlwebb

My Auris 1.6 T-Spirit MMT has now gone into the garage so that the Workshop Manager can try and replicate the problems that I am having i.e. staying in 1st gear when in the "E" or "Es" mode. Toyota will only accept that there is a problem if he finds one. In the meantime I have negotiated a deal with the salesman and am planning to trade in the MMT model for a new manual. I will lose a lot of money but it will be worth it for my peace of mind. I was interested to look back over previous postings and have found that other people have experienced the same problems but unfortunately no solutions have been offered.

For information - I have been told that MMT works well on the smaller models i.e. Aygo and Yaris but from the Auris onwards it seems to cause problems.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

In my opinion the MMT does not work well in any vehicle. We have been posting on the forums for Corolla Verso mmt issues. Our mmt jumps out of 5th gear to Neutral - pretty scary! If you're bored one day it's well worth a read. I think the forum 'chapter' is Toyota MPV, but if you search for mmt problems you'll be sure to find them.

Good luck with getting yours fixed or a replacement car. I have to say I would go for a Toyota again but NEVER an mmt version.

Tina

My Auris 1.6 T-Spirit MMT has now gone into the garage so that the Workshop Manager can try and replicate the problems that I am having i.e. staying in 1st gear when in the "E" or "Es" mode. Toyota will only accept that there is a problem if he finds one. In the meantime I have negotiated a deal with the salesman and am planning to trade in the MMT model for a new manual. I will lose a lot of money but it will be worth it for my peace of mind. I was interested to look back over previous postings and have found that other people have experienced the same problems but unfortunately no solutions have been offered.

For information - I have been told that MMT works well on the smaller models i.e. Aygo and Yaris but from the Auris onwards it seems to cause problems.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

In my opinion the MMT does not work well in any vehicle. We have been posting on the forums for Corolla Verso mmt issues. Our mmt jumps out of 5th gear to Neutral - pretty scary! If you're bored one day it's well worth a read. I think the forum 'chapter' is Toyota MPV, but if you search for mmt problems you'll be sure to find them.

Good luck with getting yours fixed or a replacement car. I have to say I would go for a Toyota again but NEVER an mmt version.

Tina

Dave.

Here is the link

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33317

• 2 weeks later...

humm interesting, I test drove the 1.6mmt for a day and ended up giving it back to the garage being very put off but seeing as i wanted to give Toyota a second chance so i asked to have a go in the 1.4 d4d mmt, It took 3 months to find a garage operating a demo when when i did i was very very impressed, I have not had any other these problems and felt that the diesel engine was more solid and easier to drive on the paddle shifts and in Auto than the petrol. The petrol engine just seamed very light and revy, the diesel more solid and drivable... I took it over a mountain pass yesterday and found the drive amazing once you get used to shifting this way... the E mode is now only for when im really bored or in a Jam in town...

• 5 months later...

I have experienced same problems as dlwebb: MM-T doesn't change gears as it should. For example 1st->2nd, revs are about 5000 but still nothing. Have to wait many seconds or then use the paddles placed behind the wheel.

Has anyone else had these problems and what did the mechanics said? To me they just said that the gearbox worked as it should and that there was nothing odd when they test drove it. Would be nice to hear the answers given to other users on this forum!

Regards, Alex

The MMT is a horrible transmission, I have lost sales due to it. once people have test driven a car with MMT they have walked away. There is less of a price difference between manual and MMT than what it would be if it was a conventional auto. the fuel economy is also meant to be better in an MMT compared to an auto and an MMT is also meant to be cheaper to maintain than a normal auto.

The D4D MMT, which is only available in a T3 ( on the Auris), deals with the transmission better than the petrol does. But I have to agree, the MMT is not one of Toyota's masterpieces.

The MMT is a horrible transmission, I have lost sales due to it. once people have test driven a car with MMT they have walked away. There is less of a price difference between manual and MMT than what it would be if it was a conventional auto. the fuel economy is also meant to be better in an MMT compared to an auto and an MMT is also meant to be cheaper to maintain than a normal auto.

The D4D MMT, which is only available in a T3 ( on the Auris), deals with the transmission better than the petrol does. But I have to agree, the MMT is not one of Toyota's masterpieces.

Hi Sales King,

You are invited to Israel for one month of sales and to learn from your fellow salemans in our country .

Here we can buy the Auris and the new Corolla/4 doors - ONLY IN MMT GEAR.

No Auris manual ( like in Europe) and no Corolla Auto (like in Japan or USA)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links