Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Washing My Rav In The Rain

dave.m

Well there I was, 3 jackets on, in the freezing rain today washing my Rav. Having been speaking to a passing

neighbour he informs me that everyone thinks I'm barking mad :wacko::wacko:

But hey W T F are you supposed to do at this time of year ? It has'nt been washed for 3 weeks and it was filthy.

What do you lot do, is it just me ?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anchorman

• dave.m

• Fujisan

• chatman

Top Posters In This Topic

Best time to do it IMO.

The rainwater helps rinse the car off, leaving a streak free finish.

I must be nuts as well :D

Comin frae Motherwell as ye dae, whit else are ye meant tae dae oan a weekend - ??? Watch Motherwell fitba team?? Naw! There's mair tae bein mad than washing yer car in freezing rain.... sorry - no enuf fur DLA benefits yet. Noo, if ye were oot wi-oot a coat/jacket in yer swimmin gear wi a silly hat oan, ye micht get noticed.....

ahm back !!!

Comin frae Motherwell as ye dae, whit else are ye meant tae dae oan a weekend - ??? Watch Motherwell fitba team?? Naw! There's mair tae bein mad than washing yer car in freezing rain.... sorry - no enuf fur DLA benefits yet. Noo, if ye were oot wi-oot a coat/jacket in yer swimmin gear wi a silly hat oan, ye micht get noticed.....

ahm back !!!

:lol::lol::lol: aye an ye were missed.

Actually I'm not from Motherwell, I only live there, but the place nearby I do come from is probably worse so I'm saying nowt.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ahm back !!!

:lol::lol::lol: aye an ye were missed.

Actually I'm not from Motherwell, I only live there, but the place nearby I do come from is probably worse so I'm saying nowt.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thats means yer either frae Cleland oar Coatbridge - well kent Sanitoriums!!

Onyway, Motherwells no bad in pitch dark during a power failure.... :P

i wash all my vehicles in the rain ( not always )

tap water here dries on the paintwork like pidgeon crap . even when the sun dont shine.

i always polish them in the dry mind ya.

:thumbsup:

I washed my Yaris today in the rain...................It had 3 weeks of accumulated crap on it.

So you are not the only one who is barking :yahoo: :shutit:

i wash all my vehicles in the rain ( not always )

tap water here dries on the paintwork like pidgeon crap . even when the sun dont shine.

i always polish them in the dry mind ya.

:thumbsup:

Yes washing you're Rav in the rain what's wrong with that , the wetter the batter Gwil

HaHa, thanks for the replies, so I am barking after all :thumbsup: Thank god for that I would hate to think I was normal.

Bothy, you got it wrong on both locations :lol::lol: But hey, since Maggie Thatcher closed the biggest steel mill in europe

the air is nearly breathable around here again. Allthough some of the guys in work still call me phosphor lungs. :wacko:

No, not barking at all Dave. :thumbsup:

With all the salt and muck on the roads at this time of year it is even more important to keep your car clean.......even if you do end up with frostbite :lol:

Here's me thinkin there's muck oan the roads all the time as weel!!

Warrington must be coming up in the mucky roads league!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Jist muck in the winter -? aye richt!!

Was going to wash mine on Sunday...But as the rain was heaving it down and the 40mph wind wind making it very chilly and very wet...Thought the bucket would get blown down the stream.....

Not even flossy my new Sheep skin hand washer could stand up straight... :lol: :lol: Warmed her up in the oven a bit....Tasted lovely :o ;) :D :D

So with all that rain last night I just drove through some extra large puddles this morning on way to work....Brilliant job..just need to clean wing mirrors a bit now so at least I can see out of em B) B)

Well there I was, 3 jackets on, in the freezing rain today washing my Rav. Having been speaking to a passing

But hey W T F are you supposed to do at this time of year ? It has'nt been washed for 3 weeks and it was filthy.

I always wash my cars in the rain... Save's me from running around with buckets of clear water to pre-rinse it and after the soap to rinse it of. B)

I don't have a water tap at the front door and my hose isn't long enough. :(

I always wash my cars in the rain... Save's me from running around with buckets of clear water to pre-rinse it and after the soap to rinse it of. B)

Dear manbite

Ootside taps fitted fur £20. Oar dae whit I did an hire a 1 ton mini excavator and pull up the mains water pipe ootside then ask the mannie frae the water board tae fit a tap whilst he's fixing the burst.....£20 and he wis well happy! B)

Dear manbite

Ootside taps fitted fur £20. Oar dae whit I did an hire a 1 ton mini excavator and pull up the mains water pipe ootside then ask the mannie frae the water board tae fit a tap whilst he's fixing the burst.....£20 and he wis well happy! B)

Does he do MOT's?

the only problem is that in this house there is only a water pipe in the kichen, well it's coming from the floor. so a complete pipe from the back of the house going to the front of the house + a tap for only £20 that must be a bargin! ;) only it isn't my house so i use the rain what is free as beer... :D

Dear manbite

Does he do MOT's?

Are ye daft? MOTs fur £20 frae a plumber - cumon!

the only problem is that in this house there is only a water pipe in the kichen, well it's coming from the floor. so a complete pipe from the back of the house going to the front of the house + a tap for only £20 that must be a bargin! ;) only it isn't my house so i use the rain what is free as beer... :D

Pardon my choice of phrase but whit the Dickens (added fur the english members) are ye daein living in a hoose wi wan kitchen, nae bathroom or toilet and wan tap in the kitchen when ye own twa RAVs??? Going fur a Cooncil grant??

Ah telt ye - dig up the front and theres bound to be pipes fur gas water and lecky - choose the richt wan and get yer water tap fitted. That way the water is free and ye'll be able tae have a shower yersel ootside. Let me ken if yer gang tae the git-ra-gither so ah can keep ma distance til ye have a shower... nae wunner that man prescott wanted mair hooses built.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, reached a new level of madness today. Washing my Rav in the dark :o :o

Today I had to take a trip to that bloody wall you lot keep talking about. Well actually I was taking the old

in laws to the border to meet my brother in law who is taking them the rest of the way down south for christmas.

Well you know the way the weathers been, the Rav was so bad I could not see out the side windows because of all

the crap off the motorway. So when I got back I had no option. Had to park under a lamp post and wash it. I now

suspect the neighbours will just ignore me :lol::lol::lol::lol: The nutter up the street I guess :P :P :P :P

think I've developed a stammer :o wonder if this will post 3 times ?

oops, PC problems tonight, double post, sorry :rolleyes:

Oh :o , I was really impressed - thought you'd cleaned it 3 times :lol:

Nah, been there, done that, - not that mad Dave...............on the other hand, if I've done it................ :g:

I've only cleaned it under the house approach light, so I think you get extra points for cleaning under street lamps. :yes:

....Think we have a new sport and/or TOC club here - extreme RAV cleaning. Take your RAV to remote places and clean it - You know you want to :rolleyes: :D

Actually it gets worse than that :rolleyes: well it is christmas, and the wife being the wife wanted to go to Glasgow

yesteday morning. 3 SHOPPING DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS :no::no::no::no::no::no::no: CHAOS.

Anyway arrives in Glasgow city centre at 8:15, drives into the car park at Buchanan Galleries, find a space,

(that was luck thinks Dave ) reverses in, bleep, bleep, bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Oops, missed a couple of

bleeps :rolleyes: The result ? about 200 tiny little chips on the painted wheel cover in the pattern of a rough

cast wall. yes I can hear you all now, stupid bar steward :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

So now I am beginning to question the practicallity of a spare wheel cover. maybe better off without one and

let the tyre take the abuse ;)

(hope this one doesn't post 3 times :lol: )

Actually it gets worse than that :rolleyes: well it is christmas, and the wife being the wife wanted to go to Glasgow

yesteday morning. 3 SHOPPING DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS :no::no::no::no::no::no::no: CHAOS.

Anyway arrives in Glasgow city centre at 8:15, drives into the car park at Buchanan Galleries, find a space,

(that was luck thinks Dave ) reverses in, bleep, bleep, bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Oops, missed a couple of

bleeps :rolleyes: The result ? about 200 tiny little chips on the painted wheel cover in the pattern of a rough

cast wall. yes I can hear you all now, stupid bar steward :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

So now I am beginning to question the practicallity of a spare wheel cover. maybe better off without one and

let the tyre take the abuse ;)

(hope this one doesn't post 3 times :lol: )

Haw ma man. Tak the train!! Onywan staying in Mwell has an excellent train service what allows ye tae park yer butt in a pub whilst the ither gaes shopping. As I live less than 4 minutes frae Uddingston station, thats whit I dae. Richt enuf, if ahm ony in fur a wee while a tak ma bus in cos I can park it onywhere.

Buchanan Galleries is ony a 2 minute sprint frae Glasgae central an ye'll help keep several auld men in England in a job. Dunno hoo but ye will.

Course maybe yer tae posh tae take the train, in which case be adventurous and try the number 240 bus!!!

Oh, by the way - whit wis she daein while ye were reversing yer love n joy??? Ah always git mine tae stan ootside an watch case a hit the next car. Ah dinna dae it intentionally but ye get embarrased if ye dae!

Ok, reached a new level of madness today. Washing my Rav in the dark :o :o

Today I had to take a trip to that bloody wall you lot keep talking about. Well actually I was taking the old

in laws to the border to meet my brother in law who is taking them the rest of the way down south for christmas.

Well you know the way the weathers been, the Rav was so bad I could not see out the side windows because of all

the crap off the motorway. So when I got back I had no option. Had to park under a lamp post and wash it. I now

suspect the neighbours will just ignore me :lol::lol::lol::lol: The nutter up the street I guess :P :P :P :P

Even the wonderful "I hide a multitude of sins and dirty" Silver of my car, can't copy with flith being chucked up off the roads. :crybaby::crybaby:

Doubt I'll have time today to wash her. :unsure:

So Christmas morning (after present opening :thumbsup: ) will be car washing time! :lol::lol::lol::newyear:

yes I can hear you all now, stupid bar steward :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Ouch! No, not at all, but you have my sympathy - and the Toyota ones aren't cheap to replace :( . Is it just me or does stuff like that seem to happen more at this time of year? That hard cover looks great, but is not good at taking knocks.

Anyway, between you and me (and the rest of the planet), a few years ago I reversed my old 4.2 cover into a sign at a certain highland distillery. (no I hadn't been on the pop! :D). My feeble excuse was the sign was below the level of the rear window, it was chucking it down and the sign was end on. If it's any consolation, there was rather more damage than what you describe, but the wheel (and the sign) were fine.

So Christmas morning (after present opening :thumbsup: ) will be car washing time! :lol::lol::lol::newyear:

So, will you be getting a "polishing kit" :D or a flossy then? Or just some socks? :lol:

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links