Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Washing My Rav In The Rain

dave.m

Just doing a morning trawl with Flossie and wham. Very shocking post :P She had to avert her eyes momentarily.

Mine looks like a Challenger after several laps around Salisbury Plain so its going to get it today no matter what. Train driving is done until Thursday so there is no excuse.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anchorman

• dave.m

• Fujisan

• chatman

Top Posters In This Topic

Just doing a morning trawl with Flossie and wham. Very shocking post :P She had to avert her eyes momentarily.

Mine looks like a Challenger after several laps around Salisbury Plain so its going to get it today no matter what. Train driving is done until Thursday so there is no excuse.

Ah, so you've had the turret and unfeasibly large gun fitted. Good Choice :yes: :D. hope it's in that nice red colour. You'll have to post some pics :D

Not sure where George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley come into it. Do they aim and fire the gun? :unsure:. No, hang on, they seem to be on a fishing boat. I'm very confused :unsure:. perhaps you dangle a large net out of the back of the RAV?

.....think I need my medication.

Ah, so you've had the turret and unfeasibly large gun fitted. Good Choice :yes: :D. hope it's in that nice red colour. You'll have to post some pics :D

Not sure where George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley come into it. Do they aim and fire the gun? :unsure:. No, hang on, they seem to be on a fishing boat. I'm very confused :unsure:. perhaps you dangle a large net out of the back of the RAV?

Squinting sometimes helps.

Washing cars it's winter! I now have a Multi tone Rav looks good and all that filth makes others think twice when parking next to me. :rolleyes:

Sure you haven't been back to that Highland Distillery? :lol::lol::lol:

So Christmas morning (after present opening :thumbsup: ) will be car washing time! :lol::lol::lol::newyear:

So, will you be getting a "polishing kit" :D or a flossy then? Or just some socks? :lol:

Cheers

I doubt it! Even have to buy my own socks! :lol::lol::lol:

Actually it gets worse than that :rolleyes: well it is christmas, and the wife being the wife wanted to go to Glasgow

yesteday morning. 3 SHOPPING DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS :no::no::no::no::no::no::no: CHAOS.

Anyway arrives in Glasgow city centre at 8:15, drives into the car park at Buchanan Galleries, find a space,

(that was luck thinks Dave ) reverses in, bleep, bleep, bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Oops, missed a couple of

bleeps :rolleyes: The result ? about 200 tiny little chips on the painted wheel cover in the pattern of a rough

cast wall. yes I can hear you all now, stupid bar steward :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

So now I am beginning to question the practicallity of a spare wheel cover. maybe better off without one and

let the tyre take the abuse ;)

(hope this one doesn't post 3 times :lol: )

Sorry to hear that Dave :( :oops:

Mines done - inside and out.

Now its persisting down.

Well if you're doing nothing else............. :lol::lol::lol:

Now its persisting down.

Did mine too this afternoon but by the time I have done 30 miles into town and back to drop daughter off for her fun and frolics you cant tell I have done a thing !!

Now its persisting down.

Did mine too this afternoon but by the time I have done 30 miles into town and back to drop daughter off for her fun and frolics you cant tell I have done a thing !!

I've done about 20 miles and had four passengers with muddy feet.

Right back to square one. Oh well, a job for Boxing Day!

Now its persisting down.

BOXING DAY ??

Sod that, I will be doing it this afternoon whilst sucking on my bag of humbugs ! :thumbsup:

Now its persisting down.

BOXING DAY ??

Sod that, I will be doing it this afternoon whilst sucking on my bag of humbugs ! :thumbsup:

I don't think I could get away with that and if I'm caught on this 'ere dellmachine I might get sulked at but she's quite happy in ignorance at the moment coz' dughter is home from ull (which for the uneducated is on umberside).

Daughter has brought me a present for tomorrow (when I am allowed out again) and that is my old Corolla with no wipers. From what she says it sounds like the drive nut on the motor crank - room for some puns there!

I will report on my findings on the errant wipers tomorrow.

Off for another coconut rum with passion fruit liquor and southern comfort with not much lemonade coctail now. Its called a batman special in our higher class contemporary social inner circles

Toodlepip.

Hey Happy Christmas to you all :newyear: :newyear: :newyear: Sad I know, but quite and just looking up films to see tomorrow so thought I'll look in.... :unsure: :unsure:

Any how meant to post this the other day but things clouded my vision and typing skills :P :P

The wife is having trouble picking out the 4x4 in the morning and keeps taking her car, then proceeding to do a couple of forest runs down to the shops and back... :eek: :eek:

Wife's car she thinks is a 4x4....(I know they make one now not yet a convertible though)

DSCF0308a.jpg

DSCF0311a.jpg

Aye, its a bit o a bgr wi the salt/grit/stuff they pit oer the roads ... sadly, ah've no washed ma RAV fur months, and puir thing needs a polish badly.

Whits wurse is that the mats I have got shifted during all the mechanical work so ma brand new carpet - Rools royce blue is sadly muddied.

Ra moro being boxing day is the last minute shopping spree tae the shops (funny wun eh?). I normally use diasbaled spaces cos I'm entitled tae use them. One o the main advantages as I carwl oot the car is that I dinnae worryaboot hitting the door aff sum ither puir souls prize and joy...I hate fawk whit drive company cars an dinnae bother aboot onywan elses car.

I'll HAVE tae wash the car ootside the moro, an hoover th muck frae the inside cos ah've tae get the rest o ma mums ashes buried oer in Fife on Thursday. Respect.

At least she should get a clean send aff in Kilmany, Fife - the place whaur Jim Clark wis born. we'll spend a short time at his statue and hopefully meet some o the fawk frae the wee village - and it is wee.

Ah ken the run oer tae Fife will muck up the car again...but there we are. All being well the moro, I'll also try tae extend the antenna (aerial) as it seems tae be stuck haufway up oar hauf way doon.

As its all new tyres and things are bedding doon, we should get a guid run across; + a chance tae try it oan some country roads, whilst keeping wi the sped limit cos ah ken thae roads an tracturs appear wi nae notice. If I can get the Ferodos up tae temperature, I'll gie them a guid work oot.

An washing the lights is number 1 priority. I'm finding they need done every day....oer maybe its ma specs??

Note to self "Buy more polish - running low........now!" :D :D B)

You mean you didnt hint on some for a Xmas pressie ?

Only if I wanted supermarket junk! :lol::lol::lol:

• 1 year later...

Has a one year birthday present for this thread :lol:

To add to Dave's madness of washing his car in the rain:

Washed / polished the RAV on Boxing Day. The full five hour hit, the works! B) No problems, a little chilly but OK.

Washed the wife's car yesterday. The water was literally freezing within minutes of hitting the car. Soon created a very large skating rink around the car (which is still there :lol: ). Not a chance of polishing it, the roof had a nice cap of ice on it but at less the car was clean again and all the salt and muck was off it.

Took it for a quick drive straight away, to heat it up again and make sure nothing important was frozen solid. :D

Washed / polished the RAV on Boxing Day. The full five hour hit, the works! B) No problems, a little chilly but OK.

Well done. :thumbsup: Did the same just before Christmas when it was slightly warmer.

(I don't think Dave or you are that mad. I've cleaned RAVs in the rain, in the freezing cold, in the dark under the house approach light,....combinations of all the previous....blah, blah.............but I'd never ever admit to it) :rolleyes:

BAH..went out on a nice bike ride Boxing day.... want to go again but it's still -2 here so too cold...... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Any how see post HERE (post it once then share link out several times) save re-doing it....

Spent about 1 nanosecond today thinking about washing my filthy Rav. But then noticed the outside temp gauge

was reading - 4 C. :( So it's still filthy.

Spent about 1 nanosecond today thinking about washing my filthy Rav. But then noticed the outside temp gauge

was reading - 4 C. :( So it's still filthy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Had that same thought today Dave.....Then noticed the hose was frozen and it was -2 down here....so took a photo instead.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think you're mad - well no madder than usual!

I didn't need to wash my beetle yesterday, as I only took it out for a little livener to keep it all ticketyboo (besides, it has no heating due to the J tubes :eek: ) but, twilight last night, did find me in the mews to my garage, with a headtorch on, giving it a thorough drying with an old towelling dressing gown before putting the cover back on! All this whilst kicking a rugby ball for the dog too - I'm sure I looked really 'speshul'! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links