Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Washing My Rav In The Rain

dave.m

Well there I was, 3 jackets on, in the freezing rain today washing my Rav. Having been speaking to a passing

neighbour he informs me that everyone thinks I'm barking mad :wacko::wacko:

But hey W T F are you supposed to do at this time of year ? It has'nt been washed for 3 weeks and it was filthy.

What do you lot do, is it just me ?

I always wash my cars in the rain... Save's me from running around with buckets of clear water to pre-rinse it and after the soap to rinse it of. B)

I don't have a water tap at the front door and my hose isn't long enough. :(

Sorry to hear about your hose :lol:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anchorman

• dave.m

• Fujisan

• chatman

Top Posters In This Topic

chap near here does a hot wax wash for £3 (for the RAV) as he just loves looking at RAV number 1 and I just hate washing it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Might as well keep this one up to date as well. No rain, just frost.

100_0794.jpg

Well there I was, 3 jackets on, in the freezing rain today washing my Rav. Having been speaking to a passing

But hey W T F are you supposed to do at this time of year ? It has'nt been washed for 3 weeks and it was filthy.

I always wash my cars in the rain... Save's me from running around with buckets of clear water to pre-rinse it and after the soap to rinse it of. B)

I don't have a water tap at the front door and my hose isn't long enough. :(

nae excuses for the length of your hose :D I live in a bungalow with a grassy bit in front of the hoose mon,you can get a hose about 60 feet long from screwfix.com not too dear either.

Well the great un-washed one.... is now clean... :yahoo: :yahoo:

The weather was above freezing and took me 10 minutes to thaw out the hose pipe...but all clean now.....Well until Monday and all the salty roads towards work....

DSCF1734a.jpg

DSCF1735.jpg

DSCF1736a.jpg

Just finished doing mine and checking tyre pressures, IN THE POURING RAIN. (again) :wacko::wacko:

Just finished doing mine and checking tyre pressures, IN THE POURING RAIN. (again) :wacko::wacko:

Admit it Dave, you love the rain really and waited until it was pouring down before even starting :lol:

• 1 month later...

Rained this morning :unsure: :unsure: a small bit....

Any how cleaned both cars today...first chance since snow/floods we've had.....

Yes anchorman one of them is French.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

One is coming upto 7 years old and the other 5 years.....

CarsTOC.jpg

Typical French car - half of it is missing!

Yea we get to press a little button and it folds nicely into the boot...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well the sun is shining here in Londinium B) - and I am going to take my lurvely Rav for it's inaugural bath! :D

I am taking him to the very nice eastern european man where Meldrew takes his taxis, because they use nice clean water and non-scratchy cloths :)

Do it yourself - NAH! I might get my bikini dirty... :P

Trust you two to take the topic down to your level.... ;) ;) ;) ;)

Surly this is the hand car wash you mean.... :D :D :D :D

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

Gets the wheels nice and clean :yes: :yes: :yes:

• 10 months later...

Ok, so after 6 weeks I just couldn't stand it any more.............................................

I took my Rav.......................................................

TO A CAR WASH :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

I hope it was a hand-wash and not a drive thru one!!!!!!!!!!! Ruination of a motor are those places

Regards Clare :huh:

I washed mine today - with the neighbours goggling in disbelief.

All that lovely soft water falling from the sky seemed like too good an opportunity to miss.

It got rid of all the visible salt etc and I hosed it underneath as well as I could.

Then shampoo - rain rinse and into the garage to leather off.

It's sparkling - until tomorrow . . . . . :o

I think I can honestly say this is the longest mine has gone without a wash since I got it. It is covered in salt but it gets the warm soapy water treatment this Sunday without fail and I can't wait.

Dave, head down in shame.

I found my black Rav under a pile of salt this morning ( hand washed of course) it looks lovely , till this afternoon when i take it out again :angry:

Only just seen this post, made me laugh as I posted something similar about car washing a few weeks back, I do exactly the same, I did yesterday and a neighbour of mine passed and asked why I was bothering as it was raining and the car would be in the same state within minutes of taking it back on the road.

:blush::blush::blush: I just couldn't wait any longer, the street was still iced up. Of course after last nights heavy rain

the snow and ice are gone :rolleyes:

Anyway it was a hand/powerwash place.

:blush::blush::blush: I just couldn't wait any longer, the street was still iced up. Of course after last nights heavy rain

the snow and ice are gone :rolleyes:

Anyway it was a hand/powerwash place.

Nice day down south today... sun was out and I think even said 7 degrees on the temp gauge :unsure: :unsure: so washed both mine and the wifes cars...then cleaned and oiled both my MTB bikes....only second time this year been able to get out on my MTB..... so did 11 miles today.....need to get some miles in in prep for the BHF 36 miler in march.... whoo hoo............... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DSCF3180.jpg

Done the sponsering thing Mr Chatters. Good luck but if I'm sitting on the back then I'd like a comfier seat please.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links