Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newb With A Question..

chris_c201

Hi All,

Picked up my first MR2 yesterday, a rev3 turbo.... gotta say i'm absolutely loving it so far... coming from an impreza i'm amazed at how little lag there is! Here is a wee piccy..

233470-1.jpg

Anyway, quick question... lights, where is the best place to get the clear front lenses, the orange side lights don't give off much light and kinda spoil the front end for me.. would like to change the side light lenses and the indicators....

Cheers and i'm sure i'll prolly have more questions in the future!!

Chris

Nice car :)

Unfortunatly I cant answer your questions but you can answer mine hehe :) I have drove Impreza's and Evos before but have never drove an MR2, I was just wondering, does the MR2 Rev3 Turbo give you the same feeling / grin on your face as they do? When I drove the Impreza and Evo I loved it when the turbo kicked in and Im hoping it will be the same in the MR2 when I get mine :D :D

Thanks

Nice car :)

Unfortunatly I cant answer your questions but you can answer mine hehe :) I have drove Impreza's and Evos before but have never drove an MR2, I was just wondering, does the MR2 Rev3 Turbo give you the same feeling / grin on your face as they do? When I drove the Impreza and Evo I loved it when the turbo kicked in and Im hoping it will be the same in the MR2 when I get mine :D :D

Thanks

Answer with a question eh, lol

I've only had it the one day but i had to drive back up from England so done about 200 miles in it already.... i've had 2 subaru's, an 02 WRX standard UK car running about 210bhp and my last was a jap import STi running around 340ish....

From driving the MR2 so far the differences are -

- Very very little lag.... anything above about 2500rpms and your turbo is good to go and even on lift off then back on its a miniscule time before its fully spooled up again.

- Absolute "push into your seat" is somewhere between my 2 subaru's, defo quicker than the WRX but not quite as quick as the STi although bear in mind that was far from standard.

- Even at this early stage i find that the MR2 feels much more direct, loved my Subaru's and will no doubt have another but cos the MR2 is smaller, slightly lighter and RWD you have a much better feeling of whats going on, that said i've not pushed it much yet so i'll have a better idea once i get it on track.

All in all i'm ultra pleased so far, don't think you can compare the 2 cars as their very different and neither is "better" but for what i need at the moment i'm 99% confident the MR2 is going to fit the bill... and for the cost of a rev3 its ridiculous what you get for you cash!

Have you actually bought a 2 yet? Apologies for the long winded response but thought i'd try and explain my findings so far....

Cheers

Chris

Hey Chris,

Firstly let me say welcome to the club and secondly congrats on buying one of the most underestimated cars on the road. :)

To answer your questions the clear lenses can be had on eBay usually...

One example here..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-MR2-MK2-91-95...1QQcmdZViewItem

They really do give the car a much updated look and feel.

The side indicators sadly dont have any after market replacements so the only real option is to take it off and then drill a hole in the wing and put UK clear ones in place.

You would then have to buy a uk strip and replace the 'toblerones' (as they are known in the MR2 world) from the side.

If your car is standard let me say that the first thing you will want to do is get either a manual or electronic boost controller on it an up the boost from the standard 13psi to 15psi which is still safe and reliable by all accounts.

This also removes the boost restrictor which only allows 7psi in 1st and 2nd gear and gives you full whack from the off and transforms the car from launch. Much more grin factor! :D

Im sure you will have many many happy times with your new toy matey.. ;)

Regards

fizz

For clear side toblerones go onto www.mr2oc.co.uk and someone actually makes them on there

Have you actually bought a 2 yet? Apologies for the long winded response but thought i'd try and explain my findings so far....

Cheers

Chris

Havent got a MR2 yet, been on here for a year and a half waiting to get one hehe :D I will have one around Feb area as I will be 21 at the end of Feb which makes it alot easier and alot cheaper to insure one :)

Thanks for letting me know what its like, cant wait to get one now :D.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links