Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1995 Mr2 Gts 300bhp

jai2766

Hi all, im newly registered to this site although have looked on here a few times for pointers. I have a bit of a query about my MR2 GTS turbo, It was built in 1995 pre july 31st but registered in UK in 1998, but is still displaying a 95 M reg number plate? the CAT has just blown on it and i keep getting an annoying red light on the dash saying the cat is overheating. i have been told by a few mates to get a deCAT pipe fitted instead of paying the $$$ for a new CAT, would this car still be ok to enter for the non-cat emmisions test for its MOT due to when it was registered, or would it have to be entered into the new lower emmisions test?

Any help would be great

cheers

J

Are you sure the car's gone and simply not the sensor??

I would defo decat it if you can mate and get a friendly MOT tester!

Hi all, im newly registered to this site although have looked on here a few times for pointers. I have a bit of a query about my MR2 GTS turbo, It was built in 1995 pre july 31st but registered in UK in 1998, but is still displaying a 95 M reg number plate? the CAT has just blown on it and i keep getting an annoying red light on the dash saying the cat is overheating. i have been told by a few mates to get a deCAT pipe fitted instead of paying the $$$ for a new CAT, would this car still be ok to enter for the non-cat emmisions test for its MOT due to when it was registered, or would it have to be entered into the new lower emmisions test?

Any help would be great

cheers

J

Hi. I have a 1995 MR2 non turbo and have just had my cat go, It is NON LEGAL to have the decat pipe and you will need to replace with a cat for MOT. However I got my cat from a website called CATMAN and he is very cheap. £85 +VAT for a CAT. I also needed a downpipe which he had made for me for the same price. The web address is WWW.CATMAN.CO.UK. Hope this helps out.

Bob

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links