Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uk 2.0 Non Turbo Mr2

jez4943

hello can any 1 help i have a 94 uk mr2 that cant pass a fuel station ime getting 45 miles to a tenner and driveing steady aswell under 3000rpm 60mph,ive had the car serviced regular plz help jez

You should be getting around 30 miles per gallon for a N/A. The usual causes are:

(i) Old/clogged air filter.

(ii) old/clogged fual filter.

(iii) replace/regap plugs

(iv) ignition timing faulty

(v) brakes partially binding (esp front).

If these basics don't solve the problem it could be an overfualing issue due to a faulty oxygensensor. Are the exhaust tips 'sooty'?

I got 320 miles to a full tank last week with town and long journeys, also booting it, it best i done since ive owned it lol

• 2 weeks later...

If it's the 2.0 3SGE you should get about 50 miles for £10 urban/round town at the moment - I've got the 3SGE Celica and am getting 48-50 for a tenner at the moment (around town) - 3 or 4 months ago (cheaper petrol) you could have got 55-60 miles for a tenner (around town driving). Not good but not the worst.

You should be getting around 30 miles per gallon for a N/A. The usual causes are:

If these basics don't solve the problem it could be an overfualing issue due to a faulty oxygensensor. Are the exhaust tips 'sooty'?

+1 for O2 sensor

• 3 weeks later...

+1 for O2 sensor

Defo sounds like O2 sensor to me aswell, when i owned an MR2 i had the 3sfe engined version ( lower power ) and started getting only 250 miles from a full tank after i put a de-cat pipe on it. Had it checked out and it was O2 sensor which was faulty.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links